To release bindings or not?

bigdaddyk

I read an article that said that it's no longer recommended to release the tension on ski bindings, for the summer. The article said that manufacturers now say to keep the settings the same, during the summer, because easing the tension on them can cause the springs to elongate, which would create problems when they are re-set for use. Anybody hear this? Now I'm wondering what would be best. The article said that bindings are now made to remain under pressure, unlike in earlier decades. What to do?? :confused

Edited by bigdaddyk

true dat...it's sad enought to look at my skis...I'm not messing with the settings...I'm not very mechanical though. I learned how to tie a tie over the internet and I have sice forgotten.... :banghead

tieaite.net everytime i have to put one on. :P

As far as I have heard, its still good to turn them down. If they go up to 12 and you have them on 6 probably doesn't matter...If they go up to 14 and they are on 12, then it might be a good idea?

Go break those legs...

• 3 weeks later...

This might seem like a dumb question, but the book for my bindings, (marker lt motion), says to store them with the bindings in the "closed" position. Is this when the inside of the binding is pushed down (as if it is when you step into it)? The book really doesn't give a clear definition of "closed." To me, the binding would be "open," if the outer part of the binding would be pushed down (like you do when you release it with a pole to take your boot out). Am I correct? :confused Would a "closed" binding look sort of like " / "