Late season skiing

dwnhlldav

Anyone getting any late season sliding in? I made it to Squaw valley at the beginning of april and I am heading out to vancouver next week for work and taking a day to hit whistler. It'll be that latest I have ever skied.

• 1 month later...

Anyone getting any late season sliding in? I made it to Squaw valley at the beginning of april and I am heading out to vancouver next week for work and taking a day to hit whistler. It'll be that latest I have ever skied.

Finally getting around to uploading the photos.

I skied Whistler on May 4th. The pic makes it look like a nice day, it was rain in the valleyy and up at the top it was nasty. Blowing snow and whiteout most of the day, I hooked up with a local dude who showed me around. Which is good because in those conditions I was not going exploring on my own. We skied some really nice technical lines that I would surely have missed, we had about 3inches of fresh and in the wind loaded spots you could find 8 to 10inches of pow. But the flip side of the amazing late season conditions is that you'd be skiing nice soft powder then with no visible difference in the snow it became boiler plate, or solids bumps filled in by wind blown snow. It only managed to get me off my skis once, but made for some very interesting saves.

Enjoy the summer!

just getting on the gondola

P1010028.JPG

Rare moments of clarity

P10100341.JPG

P1010036.JPG

Top of the mountain is in the clouds in this shot.

Good ending for the season, sunset in Vancouver

P1010061.JPG

Edited by dwnhlldav

ahh you were just leaving when we were just getting there! we were there 2nd week of may, and it was amazing. we got a foot the first day, with blue skys the rest of the time. we only really skied the BC stuff the first 3 days, since after that it got too warm and heavy. the rest of the trip was mostly park riding, which was also sick. i need to get un-lazy and finish editing the video and post some pics for you to all drool over.