Court is Today

Ski

this has gotten way out of hand. at first hearing about the sale i was real excited, i learned how to ride at montage back when they actually had liftlines and the whole mountain open. i wanted to go last season but when i got near and saw mostly grass on alot of trails in january i went past and headed to elk. id really like to ride montage or sno or whatever its going to be, but if many of the imrpovements that sno promised, including the park do not happen, i dont think id drive the extra hour or so

Sno is correct about what was actually open, but your impression is shared by most people. And when you're trying to sell lift tickets, it's more about the customer's impression than it is about reality. For instance, Montage had far and away more expert terrain open than Bear Creek on any day this winter...but they had the hype going. So on the one hand, we get to enjoy empty slopes with grooming machine marks days after it's groomed, but now we're left hoping we're even open at all.

But no worries.

This will all work out.

Sno is correct about what was actually open, but your impression is shared by most people. And when you're trying to sell lift tickets, it's more about the customer's impression than it is about reality. For instance, Montage had far and away more expert terrain open than Bear Creek on any day this winter...but they had the hype going. So on the one hand, we get to enjoy empty slopes with grooming machine marks days after it's groomed, but now we're left hoping we're even open at all.

But no worries.

This will all work out.

As much as these improvements are going to be nice and all...i'd rather if things just stayed the way they are. Granted i mean without millions of $ loss, and some little sprucing up, but still be montage as we know it. Never waiting for a lift, untracked powder all day long(when we do actually get a a little dump). I'm certainly not going to be a fan of seeing all those water rides littered throughout the mountainside in the middle of winter either... New lodge? I'm fine with the one they've got now. Although a lodge at northface would be nice, but nothing i can't and haven't lived without for countless seasons. Hiking is almost definately going to be out this spring considering all the work that is going to be going on up there.. Hopefully it just doesn't become the "cool" place to be with 5 minute lift lines. Yes, 5 minute lifts lines are going to feel like an eternity for us :rofl That being said, i still have my fingers crossed for the sale.. I know what will happen if the county doesn't dump it off soon.

you're so chill. i'd be flippin out

You don't have two ex-wives.

riderossi: I agree, for the most part. If you went back over old posts you'd see that I was against the original sale. But the push for a 10 year guarantee at doing everything reasonably possible to remain open is a big deal. Also, if you hang on the North Face, all the plastic stuff will be invisible; like parking at Glen Lodge and skiing Cliffy at CB. And the snowmaking issue became huge this year. They simply don't have the money to fix the pipes on skier's right and of the 53 guns, only 26 are currently operational. It started to really feel like Montage was one vote away from being shut down. Look at how easily they decided to shut down the North Face if the sale doesn't go through? As if it's no big deal; just being fiscally responsible. The Lackawanna County commissioners have never understood...

Well in other news the Lackawanna county commissioners as a whole have to be the dumbest guys ever. They just signed a deal with the Yankess, for the Triple A team. And the deal says the yanks are there for two years, a new management team will manage and spruce everything up and they have an option to buy the team after two years, and Lackawanna county still owns the stadium. They have to be idiots, to put in the contract the management team could buy the franchise, because in two years, they could just pick up and leave, and then lackawanna county is stuck with a baseball stadium, and no team.

Well in other news the Lackawanna county commissioners as a whole have to be the dumbest guys ever. They just signed a deal with the Yankess, for the Triple A team. And the deal says the yanks are there for two years, a new management team will manage and spruce everything up and they have an option to buy the team after two years, and Lackawanna county still owns the stadium. They have to be idiots, to put in the contract the management team could buy the franchise, because in two years, they could just pick up and leave, and then lackawanna county is stuck with a baseball stadium, and no team.

oh don't worry, Washo is going to file suit to try to get the Bad News Bears to play there instead.

oh don't worry, Washo is going to file suit to try to get the Bad News Bears to play there instead.

:rofl:rofl This is actually pretty cool. As a Yankee fan its going to be a lot of fun. I think interest in the Barons has waned in the past years partly in part to the introduction of the penguins. This is going to be a big boost for the area's economy and Yankee fans like me :D

:rofl:rofl This is actually pretty cool. As a Yankee fan its going to be a lot of fun. I think interest in the Barons has waned in the past years partly in part to the introduction of the penguins. This is going to be a big boost for the area's economy and Yankee fans like me :D

I agree, as a yankee fan myself. Kind of wish now that i didn't quit working up there haha. And they clinched the A.L. East again :rock , thanks Boston :lol

I dont think i will be back at the stadium next year. I really loved working up there this year. Upstairs everynight never working hard, unless it was tuesday or fourth of july. I sat on a hot dog warmer, and made a really good friend and got paid $6 an hour to do it. But now that its the yankees, it will be crowded, and im not really down with working every night being busy. This winter i will be working either Park ranger if its SNO, or rentals if its Montage, and after the season im definetly gonna get a job at the huge new mall.

GOOD NEWS!

My friend who is the son of the guy who bidded the 9.5 billion on Montage 2 years ago just told me this.

"Montage is being bought by Sno Montain next Monday and they are starting constuction on Tuesday"

My friend would know more sence his dad was in on all this.

This is sick.I cant wait!

GOOD NEWS!

My friend who is the son of the guy who bidded the 9.5 billion on Montage 2 years ago just told me this.

"Montage is being bought by Sno Montain next Monday and they are starting constuction on Tuesday"

Montage is already bought by sno mountain... and give your friend's dad a swift kick in the nuts for me too. He's included in sno mountains countersuit if i'm not mistaken, hope they have the money.

I dont think i will be back at the stadium next year. I really loved working up there this year. Upstairs everynight never working hard, unless it was tuesday or fourth of july. I sat on a hot dog warmer, and made a really good friend and got paid $6 an hour to do it. But now that its the yankees, it will be crowded, and im not really down with working every night being busy. This winter i will be working either Park ranger if its SNO, or rentals if its Montage, and after the season im definetly gonna get a job at the huge new mall.

You make a good point about the business. It will certainly be much more crowded, when the Clippers came into town there was always a noticable difference in attendance. Tuesdays were pretty much hell, especially stand 3.

Montage is already bought by sno mountain... and give your friend's dad a swift kick in the nuts for me too. He's included in sno mountains countersuit if i'm not mistaken, hope they have the money.

Haha ya that would be my friends Dad.I would never kick him in the nuts tho,hes mad cool.And i know they have alot of money but i dont think 9.5 billion.His dad is the manager of Eagle Rock.

GOOD NEWS!

IDK, xNick, I can't see how he'd know something the judge hasn't ruled on.

Im not really sure if Mr. Speicher is in the counter suit. At the park meeting all of the Sno owners were talking to the kid, and they busted balls with him. I know that doesnt mean they wont sue his dad, but since i the speichers, i hope they dont get sued. But at the meeting it was funny, at the end the SNO guys said for everyone to go home and tell our parents to support SNO, and then they singled out the kid and said Especially you.

Hehehehehe...

The Yanks outbid the Mets. It's awesome 'cause the Major Leaguers do their rehabs mostly at Triple A, so there will be games with the regular Yankees playing. When we lived in Trenton, the Red Sox owned the Trenton Thunder franchise and we watched a few games with Nomar...

Im not really sure if Mr. Speicher is in the counter suit. At the park meeting all of the Sno owners were talking to the kid, and they busted balls with him. I know that doesnt mean they wont sue his dad, but since i the speichers, i hope they dont get sued. But at the meeting it was funny, at the end the SNO guys said for everyone to go home and tell our parents to support SNO, and then they singled out the kid and said Especially you.

Speicher is being sued:

41. As alleged above, Defendant Speicher has taken purposeful actions which were specifically intended to harm the existing contractual relationship between Lackawanna County and Sno Mountain.

42. Defendant Speicher is not privileged or justified in engaging in the aforesaid purposeful actions with respect to Sno Mountain.

43. Defendant Speicher's actions were willful and deliberate. Defendant Speicher's actions are obviously motivated by a desire to obtain Montage Ski Area for himself on terms less advantageous than those offered by Sno Mountain.

44. Plaintiffs Sno Mountain and Denis Carlson have suffered actual legal damage as a direct and proximate result of Defendant Speicher's actions as alleged above exceed the sum of $50,000 and are continuing in nature.

45. Plaintiffs are entitled to recover an award of punitive or exemplary damages as a result of defendant Speicher's outrageous conduct and to punish and deter such conduct. WHEREFORE, plaintiff, Sno Mountain LLC, demands judgment in its favor and against defendant Christopher J. Speicher and request an award of compensatory damages in excess of the jurisdictional amount of Fifty Thousand Dollars ($50,000.00), plus interest and costs, and further requests an award of punitive damages, together with whatever other relief is deemed appropriate by the Court.

Buuuuut...Sno Mountain LLC doesn't want to sue anybody. That's the last freaking thing they want to do. They are just trying to build something and make it a success. Any business person will tell you that suing parties brings shitty karma (although they'd phrase it differently). They just want the bullshit to end. I think that's fair enough.

Buuuuut...Sno Mountain LLC doesn't want to sue anybody. That's the last freaking thing they want to do. They are just trying to build something and make it a success. Any business person will tell you that suing parties brings shitty karma (although they'd phrase it differently). They just want the bullshit to end. I think that's fair enough.

they got 1m on the line in due diligence. They are posturing. It's a scare tatic. You are right though, once countersuits start being filed, it's not good for anyone. Lot's of animosity is created that you can't take back later. The old expression of goes around comes around comes to mind.