Court is Today

Ski

All the lawyers and parties are in court today, with what should be the final hurdle for the sale...the judge could make a decision today, but most likely will take up to 14 days to submit a written decision. On the upside, Sno Mountain LLC has said they'd need about 10 weeks for delivery and installation of the 183 new snowguns, which means a tight work schedule could get them in on time if the judge doesn't screw around.

The downside is that if the sale doesn't go through and the county operates Montage this winter, The North Face will likely not open. I know our family won't be spending over $1000 on family passes to ski greens and blues...and they'll have trouble staffing ski instructors. And the county hasn't even put in the $30,000 order for pamphlets that would become obsolete with a sale, which is understandable. Montage would be a ghost town this winter, if Washo gets his way. It would be even less attractive to any prospective buyers if it cuts it's skier visits even further by closing it's diamonds all year.

As they say, it's always darkest before the dawn.

As Montage gets ready, no one knows for what

Another article in the paper.

"The new snow guns, a combination of fixed and portable units, would be supplied by Snow Machines Inc., of Midland, Mich. SMI President Joe VanderKelen said installing the guns and additional supporting infrastructure, such as new piping and electrical service, would be a

Well... we are all hoping for the best.

Out of curiosity.... not that it will happen because the judge will of course see how rediculous this all is but.... if the sale doesn't happen, where would you get your season passes?

Man, there's no easy answer...

I really wish I'd checked out Big Bear last season...TWood just isn't that much bigger than The Hideout, so that's out...I suppose we'd buy Elk passes. I've had Elk passes twice and never made them worthwhile.

Man, there's no easy answer...

I really wish I'd checked out Big Bear last season...TWood just isn't that much bigger than The Hideout, so that's out...I suppose we'd buy Elk passes. I've had Elk passes twice and never made them worthwhile.

bluuuuuuuuuuuuuu, you know you love all the people :rofl

and you could ski with senor and i all the time

I'd be happy to spend a winter fighting for space at Blue, but the 60+ miles each way is a killer. I'm not too worried about the sale not happening...I give it a 90% chance of getting the judge's approval.

And, Senor, a ski area that opens at Noon is ideal...mornings are cold and stupid and filled with people I don't know or like very much.

I'd be happy to spend a winter fighting for space at Blue, but the 60+ miles each way is a killer. I'm not too worried about the sale not happening...I give it a 90% chance of getting the judge's approval.

And, Senor, a ski area that opens at Noon is ideal...mornings are cold and stupid and filled with people I don't know or like very much.

suck it up, we do over a hundred every single freakin trip.

Ski you know you would be back at CB...Think of all the extra room on the mountain now that cheeseburger isn't there ;)

Elk passes are mad pricey

CB's a little further than Elk, but I work either in Stroudsburg or drive past CB on my way to and from schools in A.B.E. almost every day...

It's probably a good choice.

But I'd be sorta sad skiing there without Kat around.

I hope I don't have to make the choice.

CB's a little further than Elk, but I work either in Stroudsburg or drive past CB on my way to and from schools in A.B.E. almost every day...

It's probably a good choice.

But I'd be sorta sad skiing there without Kat around.

I hope I don't have to make the choice.

'

Blue ftw. :nana If I were in your shoes though, I would goto Camelback, because of the location. From your door, I can get to CB in 30-35 minutes I'd say...not TOO bad. but hopefully montage will open :rock

Here's the latest:

From the Trib

Based on the judges final statement, I'd be surprised if this can be resolved before Sept. 30. But let's hope so.

My guess would be that if the sale does not go through this year, the net result will be that the county losses even money on the deal!

Here's hoping it closes soon enough to get those snow guns in this year!

Final briefs are due in the Bucks County Courthouse by Monday. It sounds like the decision should be made by next Friday. Judges love to hand down decisions on Fridays. The only weird thing about the article is the spin put on the last sentence. The judge said hundreds of things, but the writer ended his story with what is a typical statement saying,

this has gotten way out of hand. at first hearing about the sale i was real excited, i learned how to ride at montage back when they actually had liftlines and the whole mountain open. i wanted to go last season but when i got near and saw mostly grass on alot of trails in january i went past and headed to elk. id really like to ride montage or sno or whatever its going to be, but if many of the imrpovements that sno promised, including the park do not happen, i dont think id drive the extra hour or so

this has gotten way out of hand. at first hearing about the sale i was real excited, i learned how to ride at montage back when they actually had liftlines and the whole mountain open. i wanted to go last season but when i got near and saw mostly grass on alot of trails in january i went past and headed to elk. id really like to ride montage or sno or whatever its going to be, but if many of the imrpovements that sno promised, including the park do not happen, i dont think id drive the extra hour or so

Only trails green in Januarary, were both fasttracks, and whistler. Every other trail was open and in good condition in jan.

so, did it sell?

(i didnt read anything, too lazy)

Not yet. We have to wait for the judges decision sometime next week. Washo sure screwed this one up. Even if (when) we end up winning he's already succeeded in wasting 2 months of time when they could have been working on improvements. I hope he gets hit hard in Sno Mountain's counter suit.