Moving your way

Phil

Haha.

I was meaning that I like a pipe that is going to challenge me. The mini pipes are ok, but not for where I'm at personally. One of the best days I had skiing last year was doin laps on Killingtons pipe with Justo. I by no means was throwin down any huge tricks with any style, but I was getting better and better each lap, and hope to get pipe down alot better this year. The mini pipes are just too mini. Everything looks hucked and its just not my preference of riding arenas.

If any "oldtimer" feels dissed, feel free to pm me and I'll forward it to Dr. Phil and see what he has to say about it. ;)

Uh, CB's pipe was in decent/good condition well over 75% of the time. It's definately not as big as blues or bears, but I'll take a rideable smaller pipe any day over whatever Blue had. I didn't hit up BC this past season but from what you are saying, CB's was also better than BC's.

the two times or so that blue's pipe was cut last year, it was pretty amazing for around here. obviously not up to par with stuff out west or up north for the most part, but when blue's was cut, it was really nice and ridable. if you came at it with speed, you could get four solid head high+ hits out of it.

Phil- come on we need another HB at Blue!!!

Chubz and I got a chance to ride with you at MAC tracks last year. Thanks again for hosting it, I had a blast. Blue does have a snowboard race team and the instructor Marion(?) would love some competition. Neil at RT told me he use to race against Marion. If you ever want to hit some earlier morning groomers drop me a line.

Jesse

I can't believe that you outted me like that. ;) I was not going to come out of the closet at BC until I knew everyone better.

I believe that I have met Marion - he rides F2 right?

Anywho, I will make sure to get up to Blue a few times each season now that I will be closer. It would most likely be for midweek morning groomers! :rock

If there is any chance you can get to BC for their fall festival, you should do it and meet the core people. At blue you will get lost in the crowd or end up fighting the crowd. There are hardbooters and there is talk about boarder gates but they need input from people like yourself.

I will be out of town for the fall festival. I would be glad to to the hardboot/gate thing if there is enough interest. With the overwhelming interest in freestyle right now, I see myself going that direction. We shall see.

yo phil is your avatar the road to nowhere drop at mountain creek?

No doubt!

Phil.jpg

If you're interested in coaching freeride skiing at Blue on weekends shoot me a pm.

I am really not interested in driving that far. Call me a wimp if you will, but I just don't have time for it. I am a family man. Thanks for the info, though. This year my weekends will be FULL at SRT.

Haha.

I was meaning that I like a pipe that is going to challenge me. The mini pipes are ok, but not for where I'm at personally. One of the best days I had skiing last year was doin laps on Killingtons pipe with Justo. I by no means was throwin down any huge tricks with any style, but I was getting better and better each lap, and hope to get pipe down alot better this year. The mini pipes are just too mini. Everything looks hucked and its just not my preference of riding arenas.

If any "oldtimer" feels dissed, feel free to pm me and I'll forward it to Dr. Phil and see what he has to say about it. ;)

When you responded "Ya I didn't get to CB so have no say on that. I'm not into the ridable mini pipes." No big deal, but it was dickish nonetheless. Just your opinion, which is just as valid as my opinion that you are a dick. You're a Dr. Phil fan? Good for you. I think I read somewhere that he made it big as Oprah's guru...I guess we know what you do all day.

Peace.

No doubt!

Phil.jpg

I am really not interested in driving that far. Call me a wimp if you will, but I just don't have time for it. I am a family man. Thanks for the info, though. This year my weekends will be FULL at SRT.

Nice I hit Mountain Creek last Sunday! Still haven't done road to no where yet though... Thing bugs me out every time. I almost wrecked on Doms because there were all these people walking around in the landing.

No biggie, just puttin' it out there in case you wanted to put in an app. I'm just trying to build a bigger contact list for the skiing/riding programs.

When you responded "Ya I didn't get to CB so have no say on that. I'm not into the ridable mini pipes." No big deal, but it was dickish nonetheless. Just your opinion, which is just as valid as my opinion that you are a dick. You're a Dr. Phil fan? Good for you. I think I read somewhere that he made it big as Oprah's guru...I guess we know what you do all day.

Peace.

Does you calling me a dick give me reason to put you on mod preview? Just playing, I would never do that to an "old timer" like yourself.

Does you calling me a dick give me reason to put you on mod preview? Just playing, I would never do that to an "old timer" like yourself.

Me calling you a dick for acting like a dick to a "longtimer" has nothing to do with me, really. It's all about you and how you want to be seen. I'm just an observer who has now been "jokingly" threatened for pointing it out.

Maybe you should just move on. Or you can try to be clever...up to you completely.

Me calling you a dick for acting like a dick to a "longtimer" has nothing to do with me, really. It's all about you and how you want to be seen. I'm just an observer who has now been "jokingly" threatened for pointing it out.

Maybe you should just move on. Or you can try to be clever...up to you completely.

I know in online forums, when someone attacks the character and can't prove the argument, they have no case...they are now the lowest of lowest scum to go after personal character.

ski, how is tre saying he doesnt enjoy riding a minipipe a dickish move? to me, that seems like if you were to say you dont enjoy skiing a slow skiing trail because you cant ski fast on it at the speed you like to ski. i'm not saying you dont enjoy a trail like that, because you very well might, especially if you are teaching your daughter or a friend who may not have the experience you do. all tre's saying is that he doesnt enjoy riding it because it doesnt help him progress. ability-wise, some of us are beyond what a minipipe can offer and therefore have no intrerest in skiing it. okemo had a perfectly groomed minipipe when i was there last year, but i didnt ski it because i felt it to be a waste of my time. am i a dick for saying that it would have been a waste of my time? i dont think so. maybe you should take your own advice and move on instead of trying to throw in the last blow.

ski, how is tre saying he doesnt enjoy riding a minipipe a dickish move? to me, that seems like if you were to say you dont enjoy skiing a slow skiing trail because you cant ski fast on it at the speed you like to ski. i'm not saying you dont enjoy a trail like that, because you very well might, especially if you are teaching your daughter or a friend who may not have the experience you do. all tre's saying is that he doesnt enjoy riding it because it doesnt help him progress. ability-wise, some of us are beyond what a minipipe can offer and therefore have no intrerest in skiing it. okemo had a perfectly groomed minipipe when i was there last year, but i didnt ski it because i felt it to be a waste of my time. am i a dick for saying that it would have been a waste of my time? i dont think so. maybe you should take your own advice and move on instead of trying to throw in the last blow.

I didn't say anything because he doesn't like mini pipes. You just wasted how long typing that because you didn't understand why I posted what I posted? I'm not in the mood to go back and spell it out. Jesus f*#ing Chr*$t, just read slower or don't read at all. It's good that you are sticking up for a friend---in fact, that's what I was doing. But at least understand the context. This really wasn't any big deal, but an MB moderator typically is held to a higher standard...that's not to say it's the case here---I don't really know.

And, Rob, you are doing what? Maybe acting like a hyena? You want to take a guess at what that means?

Okay, wasting time SPELLING it out:

A CB rider says: "Uh, CB's pipe was in decent/good condition well over 75% of the time. It's definately not as big as blues or bears, but I'll take a rideable smaller pipe any day over whatever Blue had. I didn't hit up BC this past season but from what you are saying, CB's was also better than BC's."

A Blue skier/Moderator responds: "Ya I didn't get to CB so have no say on that. I'm not into the ridable mini pipes."

I say: "Ha, new mod with an attitude."

A diffrent Blue Skiers says: "I noticed it too before, its kind of cool"

I say: "Not if it's to diss oldtimers..."

The Blue skier/Moderator responds: "If any "oldtimer" feels dissed, feel free to pm me and I'll forward it to Dr. Phil and see what he has to say about it."

In my opinion, the Blue skier/Moderator was dickish. If you don't think so, then fine. Are we all supposed to have the same opinion about everything?

Any chance you and Rob are done with this, or do I need to explain it further?

Ski I didn't want this to get outa hand. I realized I offended you so I explained myself in the thread thinking that I was being a level headed mod, trying to "hold myself to a higher standard." I don't think Glenn felt offended (he even put question marks in his thread asking if something was wrong with me), and explained myself after you seemed to have a misunderstanding about that as well. The Dr. Phil comment was meant by me to add some humor to what I thought you were overreacting to, and for all I can see was taken by all other members as a humorous comment. As a respected member of these forums for the advice you often give and the time you spend here, I would expect that you take up personal problems with mods through PMs, and would hope you do so in the future.

Edited by freeridintre

"Ski I didn't want this to get outa hand. I realized I offended you so I explained myself in the thread thinking that I was being a level headed mod, trying to "hold myself to a higher standard." I don't think Glenn felt offended (he even put question marks in his thread asking if something was wrong with me), and explained myself after you seemed to have a misunderstanding about that as well. The Dr. Phil comment was meant by me to add some humor to what I thought you were overreacting to, and for all I can see was taken by all other members as a humorous comment. As a respected member of these forums for the advice you often give and the time you spend here, I would expect that you take up personal problems with mods through PMs, and would hope you do so in the future."

Eh, I'm really not into quietly PMing mods or anyone else that posts crap. We're a community here and if I have something to say, I'll POST it. I'm NOT a respected member here...in fact, I'm a member that is often threatened with banning and actually have been banned. It sorta seems like that's my role. Fine with me.

I'm glad the Dr. Phil comment and any other crappy things you may OR MAY NOT post in the future should just be seen as humorous and not offensive in any way. If it's funny to you, then by all means, it must be funny to everyone else.

On that note, everything I've ever said to Rob was just meant to be humorous and an attempt to lighten things up.

Funny how you request me to PM you to privately discuss a problem, yet you keep posting away about it.