Winter Is Coming

skimom

That's right. Skidude's magnetic vision detected the snow gun - he can sniff out a snow gun a mile away...

I should'a taken a pic of his season's pass too.... a dark blue band this year (dull). But he's ready...just in case they get a 2 foot dump and open early.

you can actually ski for more than a minute before getting to the lift at blue, unlike pretty much everywhere in the poconos. our park sucks though unfortunately

Well if you ski realy slow...

It does suck when you can make it down the hill in less than a minute, but it's not as bad if the lifts are fast.

It's been raining all day, too bad it's not 50 degrees colder.

Edited by pyro_boarder

I believe the general rule is a 10:1 ratio as a starting point for cold, dry snow. Then it lowers in relation to water content. We've certainly had snowfalls in the higher range of 8:1, or better, but it does tend to be lower. It's also one reason Alta gets 500" of snow annually, with a record of 800" one year.

But powder sucks. It gets in the way of perfectly good skiing. I look forward to a wider use of water injected runs.

But powder sucks. It gets in the way of perfectly good skiing. I look forward to a wider use of water injected runs.

One of the guys who works teaching the team here SHATTERED his shoulder last year at the NorAms SLIPPING the course. (I went thru that section, it was like marble on a decided slant -- not my cup of tea.)