90$ for a-frame fire?

snoboardr270

im lookin at a pair of oakley a-frames w/ a fire lense. these retail for about 130 and i found a pair on ebay for about 90. do u think its worth it? or are there better options. i was also thinkin about spendin the extra money for wisdoms, but i didnt like they way they fit in the store. also, if anyone has any oakleys, new or used, w/ a fire lense id be happy to take them off ur hands for a price. also, anyone that has the fire lense....do u think its worth the extra money? i like the way they look, but if they dont do too much for performance, then i might consider dropin to maybe a different iridium or something.

thanks

Edited by snoboardr270

you dont necesarily need something as dark as the fire lense if most of your skiing is done here. they're nice for super bright days, but i wear my high intensity blue lensed goggles much more often. the fire lenses look cool, but there are other options that will perform just as well. check out vr28, vr28 iridium, or black iridium for day lenses too.

i actually just bit the bullet and bought a new pair off ebay for 80 bucks. i prolly could have done better, but since they retail at 130, i figure im saving 40 bucks anyways. i personally just like the look of the fire lense, and when i go out to colorado it should be sweet, but i might just end up buying a different lense for pa. anyone know what the best kind of lense is for nighttime? since i dont get out of school till 3, i usually dont get to snowboard till it starts getting dark. clear seems like a safe route, but are some other iridiums better for intensifying light?

anyone know what the best kind of lense is for nighttime?

The Oakley High Intensity Blue or Smith Sensor Mirror are hands down the best night riding lenses on the market that I've demoed. You could argue with that opinion but you'd likely be wrong unless you prefer clear, which in that case I completely understand.

Edited by freeridintre