cb park updates

Shadows

the kid is about 6 feet, so this is rather small i guess

S5035830.jpg

in this picture there is a flat down, 3 flat boxes, and that wall thingy.

S5035829.jpg

all in all, there are 4 flat boxes all different widths. you can see how small that one is where they are standing, its like 5 feet long

S5035828.jpg

they painted the guide wheels on the raceway lift red. new color scheme?

S5035826.jpg

new snowgun, and some post thingy behind the wall ride? whatever

S5035824.jpg

built a deck for the park pass office. to the left of the entrance at rhodo.

S5035820.jpg

the 'superpipe' doesnt look like it at all. around the same length as laurel pipe. walls dont seem that big at all. maybe its just cause theres no snow on it.

S5035817.jpg

and some of the best news this post has to offer...

S5035822.jpg

they are fixing the whole in the wall. it broke through the topsheet and the plywood, so i dont know if whoever did that is still alive.

also... they dig down infront of the wall like some suggested, so the transition should be much, much smoother.

oh, and. they also have blue topsheets instead of white laying around. so look for some mixed up colors around the park

Edited by Shadows

they are fixing the whole in the wall. it broke through the topsheet and the plywood, so i dont know if whoever did that is still alive.

I think I was there the day it broke. It really confused me as to how anyone could go through a wallride. It kinda looked like someone went at it with a sledgehammer. :confused

I'm hoping most of that stuff there is for the beginner park as it's all very small.

it's perfect for the beginner park. let's hope - we got a personal tour of the pipe, it is about the same size as the one previously, it's a shame because I believe the could have easily extended it.

that was preety nice of him.

funny thing:CB's best customer service is their security guy

Haha,, yeah really nice guy and really proud of CB, we talked about the old days before there were snow guns on every slope. I got the impression he has never been anywhere else in the last decade though.

and we asked the ladies in the pass office if we can get our park pass today. and she said "we're not selling them yet"

selling them............... oh gawd............. Man, I am rooting for them so much and little things like this hurt.

why? were you told that you weren't allowed or something? :crymore:

Or do you need a witness? want the phone number of my kid who was also on that tour. get off my ass.

Actully I was curious as to who gave you a tour.

I never really thought about trying to go around and see all the improvments they made in the off season...

I have a guess of who it was from your description, but I wouldn't want to hassle you anymore tonight :bow:

Actully I was curious as to who gave you a tour.

I never really thought about trying to go around and see all the improvments they made in the off season...

I have a guess of who it was from your description, but I wouldn't want to hassle you anymore tonight :bow:

I have to get all the info I can, there is a large investment sitting opposite the trails. I already been once burned for not doing enough homework. THe progression of that mountain is very important, more so on a personal basis. Nipples is skiing for Big Boulder this season. At the same time, I am advising everyone at CB to as much as they will listen to. The problem in a nutshell is there is too much old school still firmly entrenched and the newschool is too afraid to step up to the plate. As long as they have the ticket sales they aren't going to try and truly excel at anything.

Each of our mountains has niche markets they target. CB's ticket seems to be the weekend once or twice a season. Burton learn to program, park pass to protect the noobs, grass roots regimented freestyle program that will give parents a warm and fuzzy feeling. etc etc

its cool, I just wish you would ask me directly. Thats why I was late to the ski meeting.