Snowmaking

$tEEzyRiDeR

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:werd:werd I needed a fleece earlier..

On a slightly different note, I saw Christmas decorations at Kohls and Super Fresh. I saw at least 6 houses with Christmas trees in the windows :woot .

I guess that means Winter is near :rock

Well the humidity is about 60%, so they need about 31 degrees or less to fire it up. Accuweather says 31 at 7pm, 29 by 8pm, down to 24 by 5am, with clear skies after midnight. Even if they start at 10pm it probably won't warm up past the freezing point until about 8am, they could get 8 hours in tonight if they wanted to. (It even says snowshower!)

High of 47, snowmaking temperatures tomorrow night

High of 56 and 59 for wednesday/thursday, no snowmaking temperatures.

The temperatures don't return until Tuesday the 28th.

So, if they want to have their Thanksgiving rail jam, they need to make snow tonight and tomorrow.

And since they won't be able to make snow next monday so I think that means tonight.

So I expect to see snow by wednesday morning!

lol trust me if the snow wasnt gonna stay they wouldnt be blowing it and thats why i heard park logic left mountain creek cuz they sucked at snow making but im not sure bout that but yea i work at jfbb and if they didnt think they could make snow they wouldnt and def wouldng promise photos if they were unsure

lol trust me if the snow wasnt gonna stay they wouldnt be blowing it and thats why i heard park logic left mountain creek cuz they sucked at snow making but im not sure bout that but yea i work at jfbb and if they didnt think they could make snow they wouldnt and def wouldng promise photos if they were unsure

this is amazing....is anyone else planning to make snow tonight?

So is BB the only place to have confirmed snow in the air? It kinda looked like blue was blowing on the webcam but I'm not really sure. Has anyone heard from Elk yet? They usually have the rest of the state by a few degrees. Tonight though snowmaking is not possible because of humidity up there, but I'm sure we'll see them firing them up soon.

Imagine how crazy it could be if resorts could like put snow they made wherever they wanted to...like in april just take all of the snow thats left and pile it on like 4 or 5 trails for spring skiing. Then just keep piling the snow on less trails to get coverage...we could ski till May...:chea: