Snowmaking

$tEEzyRiDeR

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing will be open. its a waste of their tiem and money to even try if it is all going to melt during the day. there is a good chance they will test the guns though.

How much you dont know, when you dont come on here anymore. In the thread about Anomaly coming to JFBB, it says if you have a lift ticket from that day(Nov 24th) then you get in for free. So they are highly thinking about it. And not just testing the guns.

i'm on here. i read it every day. i usually dont post because of all the pointless shit that gets posted.. such as this one that i am typing right now.

Im just saying, your negative attitude is terrible. Be optimistic, as proof by JFBB they wanna try for early skiing, and with temps being close they might be able to pull it off.

I've seen their new fan guns run last year at BB, and a few hours for a few days could be enough for them to open....they pump out a shit load of snow in a hurry. I was at JF and BB today. From what I saw, a lot of the fans are on the west side at JF (green trails) and they put them on the tubing park....which I can't understand since the tubing at JF is only going to be open on weekends. I didn't see what was past the triple chair toward east mt. From what I was told, as soon as temps allow, they will blow.

nothing will be open. its a waste of their tiem and money to even try if it is all going to melt during the day. there is a good chance they will test the guns though.

It won't melt if they leave it piled.

To me it looks like they'll start making snow Thanksgiving night...check the weather for 18610. Every night after that looks good, so probably open first weekend in December.

FYI, those new guns they got can put out a max of around 30 cubic feet of snow per minute (more like 25 if it's not below 20F). If someone wants to do the rest of the math they could figure out exactly how many hours it would take per each trail, for say, a 3ft base.

Edited by NiftySHIFTY

To me it looks like they'll start making snow Thanksgiving night...check the weather for 18610. Every night after that looks good, so probably open first weekend in December.

FYI, those new guns they got can put out a max of around 30 cubic feet of snow per minute (more like 25 if it's not below 20F). If someone wants to do the rest of the math they could figure out exactly how many hours it would take per each trail, for say, a 3ft base.

Yea, I'm going to have to go ahead and say they wont start Thanksgiving night. Not cold enough yet. They'd get a few hours tops a night to blow snow in extremely marginal conditions :banghead