Sponsership

i ride gnu

Whats the best way to go about gettin a sponsership???

First you make sure you spell what you're looking for correctly. Then you e-mail the companies you would like to represent asking who the company representative is in your area. Then e-mail him or her telling them why you think you deserve to be sponsored. Enter lots of comps and do well to build your resume.

d00d i trin to get a sponcer i can do a 180 almost a 3 but i got it

ANYWAYS

The best way to go about getting a sponsorship is to compete in comps. Let reps and shops know who you are instead of bugging them with emails and sponsor me tapes, tons of kids do this and most dont ever get looked at anyway.

But yea. Compete and win in comps. Tons of reps and shop owners are there, usually giving out prizes too. If you win they'll know who you are....eventually it'll happen if you're good enough, you can't force it.

Ok... If you are wanting to ask businesses to sponsor you. You should think in terms of why they should put thier products on you. What is in it for them? It isn't always about the skills. Lots of snow resort personel get gear tossed at them at no or little charge. Are they sponsored?

I would think that if you are asking for gear to be tossed to you, you should at a minimum explain why they should do that. It is a misconception that businesses will give you stuff just because you got skills. I doubt a representative is going to run up to you and say "Wow! awesome cork 9, you deserve a new board"! Sure, if you are winning comps left and right, eventually a rep is going to ask who are your sponsors?

Think of it as a job, submit a resume that reads like a portfolio. Pics, stats, comp results, personal data, video and a narrative on why you want to represent that company.

Chances are that you already have a huge sponsor, if you do more for them, I bet in return, they will do more for you.

Here is a portfolio that could easily be transformed into a request for sponsorship.

http://www.meaghanbuisson.com/portfolio_12Oct06.pdf

Good Luck