new design!

AtomicSkier

unoriginal, but it certainly conveys info to the masses with the small/nonscrolling size (with exception to the larger pages that expand the design). it may not have too many bells and whistles, but it loads fast so it dosen't exclude the dial-up folk. i do think they coulda done a little more work to it so it didnt look so much like a template they downloaded and just changed the vital info on. it certainly sux in my opinion, but it is better then the old one.

I agree that a website should focus on content rather that looks but they should at least make it look good while getting the point across. This site looks looks good so you want to see what its about. Cbs site dosen't look good and dosen't make you want see whats on it. Also I think their old site had most, if not all of the same information. It just looked better.

Exactly what I was wondering, The sad thing is places like Camelback and Shawnee have money, It wouldnt hurt their pockets at all to get a Professional designer to create a site... Sad..

Repeat after me: Camelback = profit, Camelback= profit, Camelback = profit... ad infinitum... <_< same probably goes for Shawnee, but at least they are investing in a (hopefully) decent park.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, well first of all there is a contest... sorta http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/

of coarse if you ask me... this guys web site sux as well, but he does have a few good things to say. All in all I dont think their website is that bad. I think it looks a lot cleaner than the old one. Content is key. Style should complement content, not overpower, or detract from it. Its certainly not overpowering it, maybe detracting a little, but its a decent site. As a user its easy enough to navigate and find what you want. The pages dont take forever to load etc. and... Not in any way to take away from the admin here... but most of the software they use yields the boiler plate design you see on this website. Not to mention this site was built from the ground up.... not a revamp of an existing site (althrough it looks like they are using templates so I dont think it was that hard to apply the new site). Anyways, its not THAT bad. Still this site looks better.