Big Boulder Park 12-3-06

Shadows

ill start off this thread by saying this...

everything boulder has done so far is incredible and the only direction they are going is forward. its truely amazing what they have done with the mountain. we know they can make amazing parks but thats only half of why im so stoked. they get their name out there, get involved with the public and just in general have a fantastic relationship with their customers. they know whats up and if they dont, they ask for advice and input and actually respond to it in a positive way. the rail jam, the movie premier, parklogic...everything; they are getting extremely involved with the public and trying to create a pretty large following which is already taking shape. by far, i am more stoked for bb than any other mountain. rider input is huge and they know it. i cant say it enough how i love when mountains get in touch with the people and see whats going on. they talk to you, tell you what they want to do and see if you like it. they are doing everything right over there, its killer.

we talked to sean for a while and this goes back to what i was saying before...he seemed genuinely interested in what we had to say about the parks. so far the experience ive had with bb is unlike any other mountain ive been to. they really are a core group of riders who know whats going on in the freeride scene and want to be a part of it in a huge way.

with that said, ill get to the update. snow and jibs!

when we drove up, they pretty much had snow on like 60% (edit: ok ill be realistic, like 40% or so haha) or more of the mountain which is nuts. youve seen some of these jibs already, but whatever.

S5036545.jpg

S5036555.jpg

S5036552.jpg

S5036550.jpg

S5036549.jpg

S5036569.jpg

S5036566.jpg

S5036558.jpg

S5036554.jpg

and this one...i love this one haha

border.jpg

thats about it. huge thanks to the guys at bb for being so chill. i cant wait to see how it goes.

Edited by Shadows

Wow they blew way more snow than Blue but Blue will catch up tomorrow night..I guess the new owners have increased snowmaking capazity..Big Boulder looks so little compared to Blue but it's colder..maybe they'll be open until April..

Yeah, they have one of (if not THE) strongest snowmaking systems in the area. Good shit.

Sean was a really cool dude, and like dbag said, is really interested in what the riders think. Bb is where it's at this year.

and yes..they are trying to be open as late as possible. thats what i gather

last year they closed becuase of the snowmobile races, this year that wont happen. and for those of you who know how much base they had at the end of the season....its gonna be nuts

and no, we didnt ski down

Edited by Shadows

I heard that this is the last year for the snowmobile races because it is the end of the contract.

Wow they blew way more snow than Blue but Blue will catch up tomorrow night..I guess the new owners have increased snowmaking capazity..Big Boulder looks so little compared to Blue but it's colder..maybe they'll be open until April..

That's not an entire view of the mountain. There is more terrain to the right. The snowmaking system at both JF and BB is probably the best in the area, now. Be prepared for blizzard and white out conditions, if they have the fans going while they are open. I skied on boulder park last year, when they were blowing, and it was unbelievable. Here's a link to pics I took on March 7, 2006. The pic shows how much snow was still left, that late in the season: http://www.paskiandride.com/forums/index.p...post&id=767

Edited by bigdaddyk