CamelBack to open Friday the 15th

Papasteeze

I liked the green with the bumps. I'll try to fly through them if there on something flat, but I'm not about to try and fly down rocket when it has bumps.

Hopefully this year, when they get a kick ass bump run going, and theres no reason to groom it out, they will let it sit for a while.

if only camelback knew how to do bumps. they're so scattered and different sized. blue has really symetric ones that have MANY lines. Doug and i freqeuntly skied next to each other in the bumps, they were so nice. but then again, asp was like a mini-goat last year :banghead

The ironic part about that is that they touted that they bought a winch groomer so that they could build bumps. I noticed it too, but never said anything. I have asked several times about the new zaugg and who is running it. I think this is another example of some local who thinks they know what they are doing having the management BS'd into the right thing to do.

Hold on here... hold on... wait a second...

The bumps at Blue are nice?

They're on half a trail that shouldn't even be a black to start with. And no, they're not symetrical....

There were some sick lines to be found on both Rocket and Asp. A hell of a lot more then you can find on that half of main street that they named after a singing purple dinosaur.

You and Doug are so completely biased its ridiculous.

No one, and I mean NO ONE in their right mind would take the right side of the upper half of a weak diamond over a fully bumped rocket or asp.

I'd actually be interested to see what bump runs you actually consider to be good?

if only camelback knew how to do bumps. they're so scattered and different sized. blue has really symetric ones that have MANY lines. Doug and i freqeuntly skied next to each other in the bumps, they were so nice. but then again, asp was like a mini-goat last year :banghead

Gonna have to call you out on that one.

CB has a kick ass bump run going on rocket for about 3 weeks. Then for no apparent reason they groomed it out. While it was bumps, they were soft all around, and rythmic. Asp has some good lines set up on it too, but the turn usually caused a change of rythem.

I know there were a few times were the bumps just formed poorly, and they usually regroomed the trail, and retried a few nights later.

And let us not forget the green run with the bumps (set up by the winch)...kick ass way to learn.

If you shoot a gun at a bump at CB the bullet would go into the bump...If you shoot a gun at a bump at blue...it would bounce off.

• 1 month later...
The ironic part about that is that they touted that they bought a winch groomer so that they could build bumps. I noticed it too, but never said anything. I have asked several times about the new zaugg and who is running it. I think this is another example of some local who thinks they know what they are doing having the management BS'd into the right thing to do.

Or Mgmt directing groomers to put in flat jumps and landings.