Will it be worth it

Dave_S

It's going to be foggy with no crowds, if it is your first day out then I am sure it is "worth it"

Well i would say it was worth it as I have been waiting since March to get back out on the snow. There were no crowds I think the cars in the parking lot was the staff more than the guests.

However from a more critical point of view (keeping in mind that most of what I have to say has more to do with Mother Nature then with CB) the snow was mushy. coverage was good but terrain was very limited. basically tut or birches from the top which leaves Meadows or Laural at the bottom. it was very warm.

given the results of waiting the extra week (i know the gamble did not work out the way the staff had hoped) i would say CB made a mistake by not opening last week. The snow was not good enough to say that the "refrigeration" factor had a major impact. the coverage on the open trails was adequate but not overwhelming. and the amount terrain that was opened was limited. all of these things would have been in place had they opened last week. But hey that is the past and now we have the rest of the season to look forward to - if it ever gets cold enough to make more snow.

Well i would say it was worth it as I have been waiting since March to get back out on the snow. There were no crowds I think the cars in the parking lot was the staff more than the guests.

hahahahaa - yeah it has been explained that all the parking spots closest to the lodge are for who ever gets to them first which is about 90% employees :wiggle

I had lots of fun today just jerking around in the park. but all of the boxes were like an inch off the ground. The picnic tables were most fun but they closed them around like 1. the one jump they had was fun though. all in all it was a good first day back on the snow.

I've noticed that on warm days CB gets mushy when other resorts don't. CB faces north, correct?

CB is north facing, but I would be interested to know how you deside that Cb gets mushy when other resorts don't. You can only ski one resort at a time.

Saying that it did get mushier than other resorts in the same conditions would lead me to think that the snow was softer (more air, less water, more powdery, less hardpack)

If you really want the answer to this one ask papasteeze... he's the only guy I know that can turn one ski day into two :blink:

yeah and you are probably one of those guys who thinks 2 hours on the slopes equals one day :wiggle

Interesting how different the snow is between CB and BB.. they both blew the same time and they are close to each other. BB's snow is of much better "quality" BB was more granular through out the day and CB was more slushy like.

They are not days. they are visits... For the last time it is a really poor way to describe what is actually happening. Doug, since you seem to be really lacking on the definition of a day, I thought I would help you out with this:

The period of light between dawn and nightfall; the interval from sunrise to sunset.

The 24-hour period during which the earth completes one rotation on its axis.

The period during which a celestial body makes a similar rotation.

(Abbr. D) One of the numbered 24-hour periods into which a week, month, or year is divided.

The portion of a 24-hour period that is devoted to work, school, or business: an eight-hour day; a sale that lasted for three days.

A 24-hour period or a portion of it that is reserved for a certain activity: a day of rest.

A specific, characteristic period in one's lifetime: In Grandmother's day, skirts were long.

A period of opportunity or prominence: Every defendant is entitled to a day in court. That child will have her day.

A period of time in history; an era: We studied the tactics used in Napoleon's day. The day of computer science is well upon us.

days Period of life or activity: The sick cat's days will soon be over.