chill!

frostyburton

alright i know you guys are mad that park logic got fired and all and im not saying that u guys shouldnt try and get them back or anything. But why are you guys complaining this much!?!?! There is no way the park could be better as of right now if those guys were still there. and another thing is i ride at creek and jfbb and the so far the jfbb park has been much better than prior parks at creek (when those guys were working there). Once again im not bad mouthin those guys. there incrediable. But i know some one on park crew and supposivly they tought jfbb park crew a lot (including how to make their jibs) also there are many jibs still in storage so you will still have some surpises. Also dont be mad that peak did this. if it wasnt for them most of you prob wouldnt be riding as much as you do right cuz lets see are there any other mountains open around here. not many. and do any of them have all the hits jfbb do. sorry but i dont think so. and to park lay outs its not that hard ist just that everyone has different opinions on how they like their park set up. Some like it smooth with out stopping which will be "ONE" over at jf and for lots of innovative things you can go over to boulder. So dont try and crusify peak for what they did. Sorry if i pissed anyone off lol just saying dont totally pull a boy cott on peak lol

hahahhahahahahaaaaa YOU CHILL! all everyone is saying is that from the consumer side all we knew preseason was Park Logic and the fact is that they were destined to have the best park well before it was ever opened. NO DOUBT, the park is currently the best anywhere and could possibly be the best park on the entire east coast. However, what we will never know is how much better (or worse) it would have been if they were still involved and that no one likes what happened.

Edited by Papasteeze

alright i know you guys are mad that park logic got fired and all and im not saying that u guys shouldnt try and get them back or anything. But why are you guys complaining this much!?!?! There is no way the park could be better as of right now if those guys were still there. and another thing is i ride at creek and jfbb and the so far the jfbb park has been much better than prior parks at creek (when those guys were working there). Once again im not bad mouthin those guys. there incrediable. But i know some one on park crew and supposivly they tought jfbb park crew a lot (including how to make their jibs) also there are many jibs still in storage so you will still have some surpises. Also dont be mad that peak did this. if it wasnt for them most of you prob wouldnt be riding as much as you do right cuz lets see are there any other mountains open around here. not many. and do any of them have all the hits jfbb do. sorry but i dont think so. and to park lay outs its not that hard ist just that everyone has different opinions on how they like their park set up. Some like it smooth with out stopping which will be "ONE" over at jf and for lots of innovative things you can go over to boulder. So dont try and crusify peak for what they did. Sorry if i pissed anyone off lol just saying dont totally pull a boy cott on peak lol

I thought Park Logic crew quit......

Well I'd like to point a few things out that must have gone over the head of someone who spells like - "incrediable" "supposivly" "crusify " I hate to pull out the grammar argument, but if you are going to try to disagree with the dozens and dozens of posts here you should at least try to do it with some level of intelligence.

I realize you work there, but none of our anger was directed at the park crew and their work. Our anger is two fold. One, the park/park scene won't be what it was with Shawn and Julian there. Two, one thing was promised to us, and another delivered. Even if the park IS great (which I think it is), names were dropped, money exchanged hands, and then those named were kicked out. Had they kicked them out at the end of the season that would have been OK, but we paid for season passes to a mountain they were advertised to work at, and got nothing back in return.

The park is great, the business behind it is shady.

This is my first post here,hello to all!I can't keep silent any longer after reading these discussion's.I had the pleasure of working this summer alongside Shawn and Julian.I can't describe in word's how super talented and smart this pair is.You guy's have NO idea of what you lost out on with the firing of those two!!!Julian and Shawn took pride and had skill in their work which is rarely ever seen in any field.I have been skiing/riding since 1990 and working in the industry since 1992 and have not seen anything like they planned to unveil at JFBB this year+future.Yes the park's are very nice now,but thank Shawn and Julian for all their hard work.If it wasn't for them(building jib's and teaching park crew how to create a decent park),you would still have Moto-X screwing thing's up for everyone.Due to conflict with Moto-X,these two no longer work for JFBB."X" is just a very jealous and vindictive type and couldn't stand to share the limelight with anyone else."X" used just about every reason "X" could conjure up under the sun to get rid of those two.The kitchen just wasn't big enough for all the chef's I reckon.It's a shame that all you customer's must suffer now and were lied to.To Shawn and Julian's defense,the snowcat incident was the new mechanic's fault(I can vouch he had no idea on how to work on Pisten Bully's,it was learn as you read/go).As for the tower gun's,they just wanted the snow to be put where they needed it to be.They MORE than held up their end of the bargain,but in the end their hand's got tied and they weren't allowed to express themselve's fully(which they believed/were promised that they would be able to do).All the jib's they built up to this point were their "Stock jib's".I saw and heard about their future plan's firsthand.JFBB will TRULY not progress until the old bone's are swept out of the closet completely.What a shame/letdown this year will be pretty much more of the same old,same old at JFBB after having such high hope's and aspiration's.

:welcome: . I see Eagle Rock is you home Mt. How are they doing as far as looking at opening? I might try to get there this year to see what it's like.

They are talking about opening now on the 29th,but with this forecast of warm/rain on Monday and Tuesday,it'll be amazing if anyone manage's to open/stay open until after new year's day.So probally the weekend of Jan 6th.

peak did an awsome job on the park last year and they dont need parklogic i wish they never would have came now the park is way to crowed and gets killed in a couple minutes. Yea parklogic made nice jibs and all but last year peak built the staircase the rail on the car, the reason i go to other mountains is cuz shit is set up diff if u want to ride there shit go to mc or roundtop they have the same set ups. if park logic was still there there would be alot more rails then jumps look at mc

dont waste ur money at eaglerock wit there supposed 1 mile long terrain park its more like 1/2-1//4 mile long there mile starts at the tubing hill and ends at the base lodge which is mostley flat all the jumps are motocross jumps the mountain manager/groomer doesnt know shit on building a jump hes a cool guy to talk to but complete moron i wont be surprised if they dont open this year cuz they have like 20 snow guns 1 groomer and havent opened there whole mt in like 3 years there 1000 ft halfpipe was open once and had one hit able wall and they dont know how to groom that either its a fun mt for beginners but other then that they suck if you find one fun feature in the terrain park it was built by a local and will most likely be shutdown by ski patrol

peak did an awsome job on the park last year and they dont need parklogic i wish they never would have came now the park is way to crowed and gets killed in a couple minutes. Yea parklogic made nice jibs and all but last year peak built the staircase the rail on the car, the reason i go to other mountains is cuz shit is set up diff if u want to ride there shit go to mc or roundtop they have the same set ups. if park logic was still there there would be alot more rails then jumps look at mc

dont waste ur money at eaglerock wit there supposed 1 mile long terrain park its more like 1/2-1//4 mile long there mile starts at the tubing hill and ends at the base lodge which is mostley flat all the jumps are motocross jumps the mountain manager/groomer doesnt know shit on building a jump hes a cool guy to talk to but complete moron i wont be surprised if they dont open this year cuz they have like 20 snow guns 1 groomer and havent opened there whole mt in like 3 years there 1000 ft halfpipe was open once and had one hit able wall and they dont know how to groom that either its a fun mt for beginners but other then that they suck if you find one fun feature in the terrain park it was built by a local and will most likely be shutdown by ski patrol

you know its hard to take you seriously bc your first line is BS, peak didnt own jfbb last year! :banghead

i wish they never would have came now the park is way to crowed and gets killed in a couple minutes.

OMG.................... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rofl

I have heard some interesting comments about what BB might have been if they were still there, including my own.... I wonder if it is possible at all to move forward. The season is so short. Why couldn't PL still be used but only in the back ground. consulting advising fabricating the second round of signature jibs that BB never got.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I got an idea!

THIS GUY KNOWS HIS SHIT :rock:banghead:lol

I am sorry but I did have to add this in...I really wanted to stay out of this topic.

But Oakley21, Peak Resorts did own JFBB last season. They were not fully in but yes Peak Resorts were the owners of JFBB for the 2005-2006 ski season.

I have to agree with Papasteeze, the season is too short to bicker like this. Get over it please, I enjoy reading this forum but lately reading the same things over and over again just worded a little different is very annoying.

How about we now dedicate this to what Peak can continue to do to make their parks stay so great. Lets stop wasting breath on issues that are in the past.

The Horse Is DEAD, I swear.

Have a happy, healthy, and safe holiday season!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS, Everyone!!!

Hope to see you all on the slopes at JFBB this Ski Season...

Edited by bbg

Wow, there's way too many topics on here with people bitching/complaining/trying to come to trerms with/about park logic leaving. Stop wasting your time on the fucking internet and just go out and make the best of it. From what i'm hearing, BB is doing just fine without parklogic. Just move on. This is pennsylvania. We dont have time to bitch and moan. Just be happy that there's snow once and a while.

I feel like bringing out the horse beating stick one more time,lol.Plus,JF isn't open on christmas day like it usually is,so there's not much to do anyway.Yes,Peak did enter into the 25 year lease last season,although they spent most of the year just observing.Until.....JFBBGM rode into town and tore up all of X's work,then rebuilt the BBTP roughly mid-season,which did not please X I might add.JFBBGM supposedly attended a TP building school and was itching to test out the new skill's.They did make some progress last year,if you could call it that(Some of you do).I know what I and the PL guy's would call their progress...."A Circus".Where I am going with all this is if PL was able to stay and complete their vision,none of us would have anything to fear and have everything to look forward to.Remember why PL left MC to begin with,no snow for big jump's.JFBB WOULD have had HUGEEE jump's and LOADS of new jib's!!!!.Now we are left with the proverbial "Circus" once again.Thing's might be going half-decent now,but just you wait and see.I am SORELY dissapointed,as are all of you especially after I worked VERY hard and long to get the new snowmaking system up/running plus helping lay the groundwork for the new Park's and Pipe program.What motivated me all along was PL's long-term vision,now it's all just broken dream's.Moving on,I think we need a new paragraph.

Something not mentioned on here that I know of,but some of you guy's may have realized,was the intense pressure on PL to get JF's park's up and running ASAP.For two guy's this was nearly an impossible mission in the available timeframe.You realize that you are talking about two seperate mountain's,five TP's and one pipe.I know personally how hard it is trying to get two mountain's ready with very little help,if any at all...most of you guy's have NO clue.PL knew what they were up against,but they were taking their time in getting BB's park's/pipe up and running proper.They are methodical/planning type dude's if you guy's know them(they also like to joke alot).In due time,BOTH area's would have been up and running great.Now your left with a half-baked(if that) ONE park and Terrain Garden at JF,and it look's like BB is going south already too.The new/existing management just did not understand PL's way of operating,their(JFBB's) motto is progress at any cost even if it's low/crap quality,let's just see some quick result's and get er' done.PL's city-type/celebrity/methodical attitude just clashed loudly with the hybrid mid-western+coal-cracker mangement mentalities.These ppl(JFBB) are clueless about accomplishing thing's in a unorthodox/unique/world-class style.Too bad we all have to suffer yet another sub-par year with many more sure to follow.That's if we even see cold enough weather to get those new SMI's gun's running with Global Warming and all that in future year's.Without sustained weather 25^/below or 28^/below with Snomax,snow production is terrible.Just ask JF's snowmaker's what they think of the new "Big Gun's".Gimme a good'ol Wisper gun anyday,greatest marginal temperature snowgun ever produced imho.I think I stated my peace for now,MERRY XMAS ALL!!!

yea i do belive the park would have been insane but i personally would rather go to a sub par mt parl thats not jampacked instead of going to a big mountain wit a perfect park thats jammed

i had my mind set on going to jfbb along time before i heard about parklogic guys goin there

in my opinion you get better ridin shity stuff the perfectly built shit ive been riden 7 years my home mt for 6 years was Eagle Rock ask anyone if they know that place they will have no clue so the conditions were shit they rarley opened a terrain park but if i go to another mt i could keep up wit the locals who have all the good shit so im happy parklogic isnt there anymore id rather ride some sup par stuff cuz it gives you the ability to ride well built stuff like nothing

Uninc,you keep missing the point.Once everything was sorted out and up and running with park passes/fencing/etc.,park traffic would have been more than manageable and orderly.What you're seeing at JFBB is a incomplete masterpiece.If PL stayed,thing's would be vastly different.These guy's just had a vision/purpose that most can't grasp I guess.If you worked with them,or spent some time with them,you would then understand the scope of their expertise.They have that rare one in million talent that most of us wish we had,kinda like the way Shaq/Kobe or Pippen/Jordan played together,when it come's together at the right time,greatness and championship's soon follow.That's what most of us thought would happen @ JFBB this season and in following season's.Hence all the picture's of trophy's and prize's in the Chronicle's movie's.It really seemd like it was going to happen.But,alas,the perfect storm fizzled out with little more than a drizzle.

I dont understand, everyone on the park crew that ive been talking to said that the park logic guys were dicks and thats why they got fired, even after i told them about the glowing reputation they have on this message board they still insisted that they were dicks. Maybe they are still sore about them leaving but i dont understand why they would have this soiled reputation with park crew if they were made to leave and didnt leave on their own????

if almost everyone recognized you for your talent and said you were the best you start to become hot headed and thats what prob happened to those guys

ha ha ha i really think the only reason most ppl post on this is to piss everyone off and argue cuz ppl have no better lives when there not riden

YummerzZz, do you still work at Boulder? Did you get to help Shawn/Julian make all those sick jibs?? Dude, you should request to be the new park manager or whatever you want to call the position. If you worked with those guys much at all I'm sure you picked up some priceless knowledge.