I'll continue to support...

Ski

woo hoo

I've never been to sno mtn / montage but want to go somewhere new..

how far from Philly is it??

I've only been to... JF, BB, Blue, Camelback, Spring, Doe (when it was Doe), Killington, Jackson Hole, Grand Targhee

I'm trying to get all the east coast Pa ones in by the end of this season so I can say I've done them all since I didn't lock into one mountain with a pass this year...

Shawnee, Sno Mtn, Elk, Alpine (even worth it though??), Bear Creek (has it even changed any trail wise since the Doe days??)

Any others I'm missing within 3 hours of Philly / Delaware border??

we'll they're blowin the whole mountain. i just took a ride up and i never realized how many guns/ how much snow can really be pushed out. with the temps staying low for the next couple nights, they might be able to get it open by this weekend

I drove past CB at 4:30pm today and they were only blowing on the two off the top on the west side...that was pretty damn pathetic...and on my way home, they only had limited, west side lights on...

anyway-----

phillycor: Sno is about 30 minutes north of CB, out 80, up 380, and down 81. Since you are a PASR, you are welcome anytime, but just don't tell anyone else. We really try to keep the crowds down.

I drove past CB at 4:30pm today and they were only blowing on the two off the top on the west side...that was pretty damn pathetic...and on my way home, they only had limited, west side lights on...

This "winter" is really showing the limitations of CB's snowmaking system, with the other resorts really seeming to step it up in this regard.

If they open this weekend, the mini-me's and I will be there or JFBB as we are blacked out at CB this weekend.

This "winter" is really showing the limitations of CB's snowmaking system, with the other resorts really seeming to step it up in this regard.

I don't think that is accurate. The problem is more with the terrain and the way it is layed out. The have to make so much snow just to cover thier lazy river that it is ridiculous. Also, I am not positive, but it appears that the way the trails are graded they have to make more snow to bring trails level than JFBB or Blue which has trails open straight down the fall line.

I am betting that thier average cubic foot

We had a thread regarding acreage...Sno is slightly bigger than Blue and CB is smaller than both.

Bigdaddyk: Montage was down to just 20 guns that were in bad shape, along with broken pipes that needed replacement on skier's right. In hindsight, maybe they could have rolled the old guns out and gotten the green circles open, like they have done in past years, but there plan was to "wow" us all with top to bottom skiing on opening day. Who knew it would be 60 degrees the last 3/4 of December?

Sno gets a total pass from me for what happened. Our ski hill really doesn't bother to try and open before XMas week unless it's an unusually cold winter and we're just now getting any serious snow made.

:confused what about it, is it bigger than everyone elses? :confused

sorry... my bet is that they need more cubic footage of snow to fill thier base and opening trails due to the amount of stuff underneath and peculiar grading. that whole lazy river must eat up a lot of snow, I know they fill it with barrels before they blow but still................

as of a few minutes ago they are still making snow over near mainline and also on white. As of now whistler is the only trail that has no green or brown showing, but i still doubt it has enough base to be opened.
I haven't seen the snow up close yet, but do you think with tonights blowing, and tomorrows blowing on the very top of the top slopes they can be open by Friday?Tomorrow night is only suppose to be 31 for the low so therefore they probably wont blow all over...just at the very top.

PS:Right now on weather.com it says its 28 out and it feels like 19...why don't they have all their guns on :banghead

I haven't seen the snow up close yet, but do you think with tonights blowing, and tomorrows blowing on the very top of the top slopes they can be open by Friday?Tomorrow night is only suppose to be 31 for the low so therefore they probably wont blow all over...just at the very top.

PS:Right now on weather.com it says its 28 out and it feels like 19...why don't they have all their guns on :banghead

I haven't seen the guns going on whistler all day, so maybe there is enough base for them to open that, i still find it unlikely though. I didn't see the conditions of mainline or highball but i think they can open friday if they concentrate on the greens with as much guns as they can.

From the looks of it from the road, With the rest of the day, and tommorow nigth they should be able for friday,satiurday, and sunday. Then close monday because of Sundays rain and warm temps.

Monday's a big holiday, so they'd def stay open until Tuesday...maybe the cold returning will have them just keep the lifts running.