Midnight Madness

bigdaddyk

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong on this one. I can go for the sunday night special for $20, then at 9 upgrade the ticket for $10. So I can go from 4pm to 3 am with an hours break for $30?

I'd call them and ask about that. I'm only going by what the web page says, which says All Day ticket or a Family Night Ticket.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this one. I can go for the sunday night special for $20, then at 9 upgrade the ticket for $10. So I can go from 4pm to 3 am with an hours break for $30?

I guess from looking at the rates page, the sunday night special and family night special, which they have both listed as Sunday 3-8, are both $20. Heather or anybody from BB, are you reading and can maybe answer these questions?

Edited by bigdaddyk

thats bullshit that you have to buy another pass to ride past 8

Thats like buying a half day pass and bitching that you can't use it the whole day. To add to that, they are the only place I know of that has good bands and does not charge a cover. So it's a little stupid to cry about the $10 upgrade when you think about it.

cause its suppossed to be a special event, like for marketing value, bc doesnt charge extra when they stay open till 1 or whatever it is on new years

not really, on the website it says NITE PASS-3 pm to CLOSE.

and who gives a shit about cover bands, i go to bb to snowboard, if i wanted to see cover bands i could stay home and go to about the 15 thousand different restaurants and bars with 15 minutes of my house

Really dude, it's $10. Pay it or go to another mtn open till 3am. Ohh, wait, there is no other mtn open till 3am.

its the principle of the matter, if i lived closer i'd easily drop another 10 spot, but i dont, and i think its totally bullshit to charge extra...to me thats just as stupid as having your season pass validated, and whats even stupider is the fact that today season pass holders will have to have their pass validated twice

Remember, they are RE-GROOMING the slopes between 8 and 9 pm, to make everything nice again. This also costs money for manpower / fuel. I think that the fact that you are getting a fresh mountain again also makes it worth the extra $10. If they weren't regrooming, then maybe I could see your complaint.

blue regrooms midday and doesnt charge extra, the fact that bb stay open till 3 will probably bring enought people that they can still make a profit without charging extra

For some reason, I don't see it being really crowded...if it was a Fri. or Sat., maybe. It will probably be mostly die-hards. Having it Fri. or Sat. probably wouldn't be practical for them, because a lot of the people who are working until 3 am, would probably have to be back for 8 am. Having it Sunday, they have 12 hours off, until having to be back in.

For some reason, I don't see it being really crowded...if it was a Fri. or Sat., maybe. It will probably be mostly die-hards. Having it Fri. or Sat. probably wouldn't be practical for them, because a lot of the people who are working until 3 am, would probably have to be back for 8 am. Having it Sunday, they have 12 hours off, until having to be back in.

BAD REASONING ON MY PART :banghead . I forgot that Monday is a holiday, so they open at 8 instead of 3

its the principle of the matter, if i lived closer i'd easily drop another 10 spot, but i dont, and i think its totally bullshit to charge extra...to me thats just as stupid as having your season pass validated, and whats even stupider is the fact that today season pass holders will have to have their pass validated twice

That doesn't make any sense. What does distance have to do with how much they should charge, your already there. Your getting an extra 6 hours for much cheaper than you would normally and their regrooming the slopes. From what I remember Blue only regrooms a few slopes midday.

Yeah having to revalidating the pass is stupid and they should just offer an extended pass so you don't have to get a new one, but there is no reason they shouldn't charge a reasonable price for it. It would be nice, but not necessary.

cause its suppossed to be a special event, like for marketing value, bc doesnt charge extra when they stay open till 1 or whatever it is on new years

not really, on the website it says NITE PASS-3 pm to CLOSE.

and who gives a shit about cover bands, i go to bb to snowboard, if i wanted to see cover bands i could stay home and go to about the 15 thousand different restaurants and bars with 15 minutes of my house

Sometimes it helps to think before you speak. Just a suggestion, as I know I'm guilty of not doing so at times.

But, you should educate yourself a bit in this case...

1.) They're not a cover band. They're an up and coming punk/pop/core band thats coming off tour with Breaking Benjamin. If you wanted to see them live it would cost you 20-30 bucks anyways.

2.) The night pass is good until close. They close at 8. They open back up again at 9. You need to buy another lift ticket to ski when they reopen.

3.) If you don't like the fact that you need to pay to see a good band and ski for 6 hours, THEN DON'T! Its that easy.