Danger Blue Mountain Fans

Harvestor of Sorrow

Ok, I was at the Boot today and I heard a nasty rumor. I was eating lunch seated next to what could have only been some snowmakers. And I overheard them talking about their plans for the week. So when I heard the word SnoMax I was alarmed. I trust you all know what SnoMax is. I think it's safe to say everyone should watch themselves for the next few weeks. Be careful out there guys. I'll update this later on if I hear anything more. I have a few moles on the mountain. Peace out.

Relax there Bringer of the Funk. SnoMax is simply a bacteria added to the snowmaking system that forms a nucleus that allows the water to more easily form a "snow flake", but since I'm pretty sure the Booter no longer uses it you have nothing to worry about. By the way where have you been? You have missed some extra foggy conditions but light crowds so get your hazmat suit on and lets go.

Edited by trimreaper

Just like cigarettes, right?

Well I guess I never thought of that :banghead

Isn't it bad for the environment in mass quantities?

The only people that really say that are the tree huggers. York Snow is the maker of Snowmax (same people that make the snowguns on Razors Edge, Paradise, new guns on Sidwinder etc. they look like B10's.) anyway, had a press release on their site from a college in Utah that did a study on the enviornmental effects of Snowmax. I don't know if its still there, but the results were nothing harmful. I think a lot of people panic because they hear bacteria is in the solution.