Alta

AtomicSkier

yea, Jib, no boarders allowed. Alta is EXTREMELY nice. It's dedicated to preserving the sport of skiing as it once was. It is not a resort, as Vail or most any other place is. Alta owns the lifts, thats it. It has some of the best powder in the US (Utah has nicer powder then colorado anyway). It has a little over 2k in verticle, which isn't whistler sized, but it has some awesome terrain. It's a skiers dream. :D

They probably have a few, for the base of the mt. just incase.

Anyway Alta just put in a highspeed quad, which makes everyones ride 7.5 minutes faster up to the top ;)

they already had one...they replaced two older lifts, with another one, and the nice thing about the new Collins lift, is it allows you to beam to the top faster nice. the sugarloaf lift takes you higher up on the mtn though, and thats the lift you take to get over to snowbird :)

They probably have a few, for the base of the mt. just incase.

Anyway Alta just put in a highspeed quad, which makes everyones ride 7.5 minutes faster up to the top ;)

All I want to know is does it have a foot rest?

I loved Alta except for the lifts. Everything else was perfect, especially the relaxed low key ambiance. No piped-in rap music, no glitz, just people who wanted to ski in perfect powder in a PEACEFUL setting. Wonderful. Being right next to Snowbird, the mirror opposite, made it even more apparent how much skiing has changed over the years.

I didn't even know there were still mountains that had no snowboard rules  :banghead

Mad River Glen, VT does not allow snowboards either. Back in the 80's before most of you were born no one in PA allowed snowboards, except Split Rock. A small hill between JF and BB with about a 250 vert. and a tow rope. I think they have since closed.

Mad River Glen, VT does not allow snowboards either.  Back in the 80's before most of you were born no one in PA allowed snowboards, except Split Rock.  A small hill between JF and BB with about a 250 vert. and a tow rope.  I think they have since closed.

doe mountian which is now bear creek allowed boarders