Blue almost fully open

ColoradoHigh

I can't believe Blue Mountain is almost fully open! They just need to open up The Chute and the Halfpipe. They are opening up Switchback today, and Paradise. Next weekend should be EPIC. I am going in the morning on Saturday next weekend. Should be stellar. :wiggle

No one thought that ANY mountain would be fully open this year. But now look; most mountains are opening trails everyday, and some (Blue and Bear) are fully open. This season is alive again, and I am stoked for next Saturday. :rock

I can't believe Blue Mountain is almost fully open! They just need to open up The Chute and the Halfpipe. They are opening up Switchback today, and Paradise. Next weekend should be EPIC. I am going in the morning on Saturday next weekend. Should be stellar. :wiggle

No one thought that ANY mountain would be fully open this year. But now look; most mountains are opening trails everyday, and some (Blue and Bear) are fully open. This season is alive again, and I am stoked for next Saturday. :rock

Why not? It's been freakin cold. The 1/2 pipe is being cut monday. Why is next weekend going to be EPIC? It's going to be back as hell, and it's not like we're getting any natural snow. Why is it going to be stellar? Is there some 2' dump coming I don't know about.

EPIC for me, is different then EPIC for you, and I'm pretty sure you don't want to ski on what's EPIC for me, because that's what next weekend is going to be.

If any day is going to be epic it will be Tuesday. By next weekend and beyond things will start getting to their normal Pocono state. I.E. hard as hell from daily melting/freezing/grooming cycles. Right now we still have the "fresh" man made snow, but it gets beat up without natural snowfall refreshing things. The atmosphere is setting up for some natural snowfall but nothing just yet, so looks like things are finally open but the sooner you take advantage the better.

Why weren't you up this morning? Did you have to clean? It's going to be packed as hell.

We've got some personal stuff going on that is kind of serious and has been keeping us busy in the mornings. We should be back to mornings next week though. I was hoping it wouldn't be too bad since more terrain is open.

bad move. you're 4 hours late.

should be EPIC though...

I know, I know. Don't rub it in. It could not be helped. Maybe we'll just finish our Killington shopping today and keep our tickets for next Saturday.

Edited by sexkitten

honestly, i know you probably want to get out today, but next weekend will be better. more terrain will be open, and also, you wont be getting there at the peak of the day when crowds are the worst. i would suggest going next saturday morning, if thats possible so you dont waste your day standing in lift lines.

honestly, i know you probably want to get out today, but next weekend will be better. more terrain will be open, and also, you wont be getting there at the peak of the day when crowds are the worst. i would suggest going next saturday morning, if thats possible so you dont waste your day standing in lift lines.

Thanks man, I think we'll take your advice. We did enough lift line waiting last night at BC to last the season.

It will be epic because compared to earlier this season, next weekend and beyond looks epic.

AtomicJeff, your a real asshole for getting on my back for every little thing I say. Just stfu. I don't care if I get warned for what I said. You deserve it you douche bag. Stop questioning/jumping on everything I say. Frankly I am sick of it. And I am sick of you. If you have nothing nice to say to my threads, then don't post a damn thing.

It will be epic because compared to earlier this season, next weekend and beyond looks epic.

AtomicJeff, your a real asshole for getting on my back for every little thing I say. Just stfu. I don't care if I get warned for what I said. You deserve it you douche bag. Stop questioning/jumping on everything I say. Frankly I am sick of it. And I am sick of you. If you have nothing nice to say to my threads, then don't post a damn thing.

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

- Buddha

Ease up there young Jedi. lol

A few weeks worth of manmade snow does not equate to "epic" conditions.

Its good more trails have snow and are opening. Go enjoy them.

Sitting at home reading this shit instead of getting to snowboard now that it has actually gotten cold. .... EPIC

FUCK I NEED TO GET OUT AGAIN argh My 35 day season has taken a turn for the worse, I'm stuck at 10 and I can only do 2-3 days a week max between now and the end of the season, can I make it?

Sitting at home reading this shit instead of getting to snowboard now that it has actually gotten cold. .... EPIC

FUCK I NEED TO GET OUT AGAIN argh My 35 day season has taken a turn for the worse, I'm stuck at 10 and I can only do 2-3 days a week max between now and the end of the season, can I make it?

I just hit day 35, it was epic. As is the inch and a half we got so far tonight.

I was there around 11 and stayed till 7ish. Skiied a few hours with shadows. Then I went off by myself since he had to work. This morning was bitchin hot. I was dieing but the temps started to drop. It eventually started to snow which was pretty sweet :wiggle

Raceway was sooo nice. I think I did it 7 times right in a row. upper sidewinder had some nice little bumps on it which were tons of fun.

yeah, thats it for me. I'm beat. I may come be up friday after school

I really don't think I was an asshole. Open your eyes and read my post. I simply said it's going to be epic for me, cause I like it hard, fast, and icy.

Epic:

heroic; majestic; impressively great

Atomic, your getting on my back. You kept saying EPIC like you were trying to shove that word down my throat. You should really re-think what you say as an Admin, because lastely, I don't think your a great admin.

Man you guys are mean lately. Isn't EPIC a relative term?

Epic is only relative in the way it's commonly used, typically to describe something that surpasses the accepted norm. It's roots however are (I think) from Greek, and relate to events about which songs are written, usually grand events in history.

So by it's common usage, the abuse heaped upon Chippy by the Blue members on here would be considered epic, but also, should Chippy decide to stand in Blue's parking lot singing about the quality of blue's snowmaking then I guess this would qualify.

Whatever the outcome, give the guy a break. He's obviously just as stoked as the rest of us that the season has finally gotten going.