going to Killington next week

emtp563

I go to Killington every year the week before Thanksgiving. It's usually hit or miss this time of year with the weather/conditions. Last year was ok, but the snow was definitely scarce. The year before, it was like 60 degrees the last three days I was there and K employees were worried about the crowds that were due to arrive thanksgiving day. They were talking about playing movies indoors and planning various outdoor non skiing-related activities. Three years ago while I was there we had like 8" of snow and four years ago 12+ inches. This year looks like it is definitely going to be cold :-)

I'm leaving 11/17 and coming back the day before Thanksgiving. Pre-season rates are in effect until the day before Thanksgiving, on Thanksgiving day lodging rates more than double!

I'll have my laptop and a net connection, so I'll post some pics here for you guys while I'm up there.

Yep. If it's open. Otherwise, Windham or Greek Peak, if they are. Or it could be a good time to try Plattekill. Vermont is too far for me to go for limited terrain. Hunter, though, is not an option; I refuse to start my ski season among rude, angry NYC road-ragers.

Yep. If it's open. Otherwise, Windham or Greek Peak, if they are. Or it could be a good time to try Plattekill. Vermont is too far for me to go for limited terrain. Hunter, though, is not an option; I refuse to start my ski season among rude, angry NYC road-ragers.

Is Greak Peak going to open before Thanksgiving?

K-Mart Snow Report

Report Date: 11/09/2004

5 am - It's crystal clear outside and the guns are making their sweet sound. Lifts open today at 9 a.m. Today's terrain will be for advanced and intermediate abilities only. OPENING DAY!!!

New Snow: 1" during the day Monday

Weather: Current base temp 18F with clear skies

Rates: Adult/$39, Young Adult/$35, Jr-Sr/$29

Open Trails: 8 - Upper Great Northern, Rime, Reason, Pipeline, Upper East Fall, Lower Chute, Lower Bunny Buster, Middle Great Northern

Open Lifts: 2

Miles of Skiing: 3

Surface Conditions: Packed Powder

Terrain Parks/Halfpipe: Mini-park will open mid-morning

Weekend Projection: More snow and more trails!

FINALLY, SKIING IN THE EAST

Check out: http://rsn.com/camimage/killton/

Edited by skimom

hey ive noticed racer chick hasent posted much in a while

ski dude u and her sitll :cuddle:

Does that have anything to do with anything? Or just a random ADD post you wanted to whore?

:confused:confused:confused:confused:confused

and to answer, nope :huh:

Uhhh back to whatever we were talking about....Ohh yeah SNOW