Tuesday Nite Fever

Park Crue

:rolleyes:

TUESDAY NITE FEVER

SLOPESTYLE

$1000.00 purse !!!!! [Gift certificates]

SPONSORED BY AMATEUR ATHLETE.

Starting on the evening of Tuesday Feb 6 2007, we will be hosting a Slopestyle.

The course will be set up on on Sidewinder, and will consist of rails and jumps. This competition will run for 3 consecutive Tuesday nites. The 4th Tuesday 2/27/07 will be the final.

Format:

Divisions: Boarders: WOMEN : BOYS 14 & UNDER : BOYS 15 & OVER.

Skiers :WOMEN : BOYS 14 & UNDER : Boys 15 & over

In each division, 1st place will get 100 points. 2nd. place 80 pts 3rd.50 pts. 4th. 25pts, 5th. 10pts.

1st. 2nd & 3rd place in each division will make it to the finals held on Feb 27 2007. Competitors should compete all 3 weeks to accumulate the most points. Winners of each division after 3 Tuesdays will receive a trophy and prizes. When you get to the finals, on Tuesday Feb 27, the comp will be run in an open format. The snowboard division will have 9 competitors [1st,2nd,3rd of Womens, 14&under & 15&over.]

Ditto for skiers.

Prizes : women skiers $100.00 Overall winner $400.00

Women boarders $100.00 Overall winner $400.00.

REGISTRATION IN SUMMIT LODGE

4.30 PM TO 6.00 PM

COURSE PREVIEW 5.00 PM TO 6.00 PM

EVENT STARTS AT 6.00 PM.

Helmets required.

Must sign race release form

Participants 17 years and under

I was talking to keith earlier today about the comp. He said that, for tomorrow, the comp will be on the first two sets of rails. (six options total), along with the jump right next to the sliding board. You get two runs. He also said they're gonna close down sidewinder midday for grooming, so it shouldn't be too icy. Who's going tomorrow? I think the cold weather's gonna scare people off, so it should be a good oppurtunity to rack up points. I'm thinking about entering, but i'm still not sure.

I was talking to keith earlier today about the comp. He said that, for tomorrow, the comp will be on the first two sets of rails. (six options total), along with the jump right next to the sliding board. You get two runs. He also said they're gonna close down sidewinder midday for grooming, so it shouldn't be too icy. Who's going tomorrow? I think the cold weather's gonna scare people off, so it should be a good oppurtunity to rack up points. I'm thinking about entering, but i'm still not sure.

First 3 sets of rails. Next week we will have 3 jumps and 1 rail. Should be fun.

can you guys regrade that landing so its not as much of a drop down to the landing, giving you more landing to work with?

edit: i mean the landing for the jump. its kinda short. the rail setup up top is sick though.

Yes I looked at that, and it needs to be stretched. We will be reworking it tomorrow midday.

The top section should be groomed and tilled. Then we will keep it protected till the practice for the comp.

wait so the winner of each individual event gets nothing except an accumulation of points???

The winner of each division will be the one with the most points after 3 Tuesdays. These 6 will each get a trophy [which by the way is rather nice] and product supplied by Amateur Athlete. The Tuesday after this will be the finals where $1,000 will be at stake. Hope this clarifies any misunderstandings. The results for Week 1 are posted at myspace.com/bluemtparkcrue in the Blogs section. :confused

good job guys! despite it being rediculously cold last night, it was a lot of fun, and overall, i think everything went pretty smoothly, except for that kid that got impaled by the up box. did he break anything or what?

It was cold enuff to freeze the balls off a brass monkey !!! That kid came back and did his second run.That's what you call dedication!!!

Next week we are working on giving out some freebies. The course is gonna be 3 Jumps and the C-Box. Start Practicing!!