This a.m. at Sno

Ski

The snowmaking is unrelenting...coverage is great, but I think they plan to have us skiing until mid-April...

After a weekend on Switch, I was pretty psyched about hitting Upper and Lower Fast Track today. It was windy and mo fo cold, but the guns were spaced and you could avoid them easily. Upper Fast Track is extremely wide and the wind just swept across it, so you pretty much had to tuck down to the breakover to Lower FT...which is where it was AMAZING! Man-made snow can be great when temps and humidity are really low, and Lower Fast Track was unbelievable. We set first tracks over and over and only saw a couple of people all morning. The skate up and around the Long Haul scares most people away, even though it only takes about 30 seconds.

The new mall really screws up what used to be a great view, but oh, well...

With enough speed, you can clear 80 ft down the headwall, just as you go back under the lift.

Conditions were never like today....never in the history of the early private ownership, or under Lackannabee County....

They continue to stack up the snow in the terrain park, as well.

It's still a hassle to have to take two slow lift rides up, so that'll be the key for them to draw the crowds. But the Phoebe is like a warm break as it climbs up through the evergreens...

I had hoped to hit Boomer a few times before heading home, but you couldn't even see it through the snow guns...maybe tonight.

I know I sound like a f*cking marketing director or PR guy, but management is doing everything right at this point. They wanted to show off the snowmaking power and are doing just that. They let it quiet down for the weekenders, but this week will be the best skiing in years.

I know I sound like a f*cking marketing director or PR guy, but management is doing everything right at this point. They wanted to show off the snowmaking power and are doing just that. They let it quiet down for the weekenders, but this week will be the best skiing in years.

naaaaaaa, its good to see you stoked after such a long wait.

The snowmaking is unrelenting...coverage is great, but I think they plan to have us skiing until mid-April...

After a weekend on Switch, I was pretty psyched about hitting Upper and Lower Fast Track today. It was windy and mo fo cold, but the guns were spaced and you could avoid them easily. Upper Fast Track is extremely wide and the wind just swept across it, so you pretty much had to tuck down to the breakover to Lower FT...which is where it was AMAZING! Man-made snow can be great when temps and humidity are really low, and Lower Fast Track was unbelievable. We set first tracks over and over and only saw a couple of people all morning. The skate up and around the Long Haul scares most people away, even though it only takes about 30 seconds.

The new mall really screws up what used to be a great view, but oh, well...

With enough speed, you can clear 80 ft down the headwall, just as you go back under the lift.

Conditions were never like today....never in the history of the early private ownership, or under Lackannabee County....

They continue to stack up the snow in the terrain park, as well.

It's still a hassle to have to take two slow lift rides up, so that'll be the key for them to draw the crowds. But the Phoebe is like a warm break as it climbs up through the evergreens...

I agree completely. The snow was great on Sunday and the crowds were non-existent. I enjoyed it so much I will be back again. Compared to what I remember of Montage the last time I was there (10 yrs ago) the new ownership is headed in the right direction. Now they just need some new lifts. :wiggle

Ya sno is really awesome this year,I still haven't hit the runaways yet,and I just hit boomer yesterday for the first time all year haha.

I like how they blow a fresh coat of sno everyday.

You are missing out, the woods one runaways and fasttracks are real nice. Not many people hit the woods on runaway, they are thicker than upper fastrack but still fun. And there aren't any signs saying to stay out of the woods..maybe the new owners allow tree skiing :rolleyes:

You are missing out, the woods one runaways and fasttracks are real nice. Not many people hit the woods on runaway, they are thicker than upper fastrack but still fun. And there aren't any signs saying to stay out of the woods..maybe the new owners allow tree skiing :rolleyes:
Haha there is no tree skiing,maybe Saturday ill hit up the woods,lightning has some coverage in the woods.