Big Air Comp.

dolfman261

Well so far their awesome,a lot better then what we use to have so im not complaining.

umm thanks...

haha i think he was talking to me..... Its good to hear your guys park is coming along nicely to, hope you have better luck with your planet pieces of shit then we did, those picnic tables do look pretty fun....

Hi everyone,

Here is all the info about the SHOWDOWN competition series. The first event, a Big Air competition, will take place this Thursday in the jump line of the snowtubing park.

Divisions of Competition

• Under 12 years of age

• 12-15 years old

• 16-20 years old

• 21 years of age and older

• Women

• Open/Expert

Each classification will have both a skier and snowboarder division, for a total of 12 divisions. The number of each competitors allowed in each event may be limited. Participants will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Competition Format

Slopestyle and Halfpipe Competitions: Participants will judged on the best of two runs. Big Air Competition: Participants will be judged on the best of three runs.

For each competition, points will be awarded to the top four finishers in each division. Medals will be awarded to the top three finishers. The Showdown sponsors have provided over $17,000 in prizes, including equipment, apparel and gift certificates! These prizes will be awarded to top three finishers in the Open ski and snowboard divisions for each competition, the first place finishers in each other division and the overall winners of the competition series.

Registration

Registration will take place from 4-5:30pm at Guest Services. The cost to register is $15. Each participant will receive a limited edition Showdown t-shirt. Each participant will need to sign a liability release, and those under the age of 18 must have this form signed by a parent or guardian. Helmets are required.

so for this comp basically a 15 yr old throwin 7's can be competeing against a 13 yr old jus airing jumps...also only the first place winners in the other divisions get prizes or the top 3 in each other division?

Edited by boardera

so for this comp basically a 15 yr old throwin 7's can be competeing against a 13 yr old jus airing jumps...also only the first place winners in the other divisions get prizes or the top 3 in each other division?

The competition series is divided into age groups and an open division. In the open division, we are giving out prizes to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers. In the other divisions, we are only promising prizes to the 1st place finisher (although for some comps we will have prizes for the top 3), and it won't be as good as what we'll be giving out for Open class. This will help keep things fair and keep the competitors with the highest skill levels from entering in the age group division.

so for this comp basically a 15 yr old throwin 7's can be competeing against a 13 yr old jus airing jumps...

Yes, but like Mary from Bear Creek posted above, he/she won't win anything decent for it. They'd likely be better off competing in the open category. People usually know which category they should enter, but whether or not they do so is sometimes a bit sketchy.

The story with the Planet Snow Tools rails is that they are made by Ryan Neptune and he builds them to be light and easily moved by one or two guys without a machine. They are well built but not designed to handle tons of moves and resets using groomers or skid loaders.

We build our rails extra beefy to stand up to the abuse they receive at our resort.

Any Planet built rails that were unrideable were built to our specs so we were the ones with the bad ideas. Since Andy has been involved we haven't had many, if any, design fiascos.

I just didn't want Ryan and his products to get a bad rep so I thought I would set the record straight.

B)-->

QUOTE(Matt B @ Jan 31 2007, 06:59 PM) 131852[/snapback]
for the comp if its on the last jump could you smooth out the area bewteen the second jump and rail

cause riding switch through that kind bucks you around

i kno odd request but tonight it just was a little choppy

i agree with him this def should be done

Hey I just wanted to thank everyone who showed up at the comp tonight. I'm Alex, who along with being a park crew member, am also a DJ. I provided the beats for the comp, and I hope you all enjoyed the tunes (though it was tough to hear, due to the MC... no bad feelings though)

If you want more info on me, go to www.aragornpa.tripod.com/djgoldeneye for more info. Hope to see you all around again, and thanks again for your support. I know Andy can agree with me on that.

the comp was a lot of fun the onlly thing is we gotta work on a new way to tell when someeone is going switch cause i did a switch 720 and they didnnt know it was switch they even said it over the radio and the judges didnt know

but good work park crew the jump was amazing ggggggg

jump was TITTTTIIIEESSSS!!!!!! super super nice. dont listen to matt he's just a cry baby!!! haha just kidding, judging did seem flawed, results also took forever, almost missed my bedtime thanks to chuck. annoucer could have been better, didnt know toeside from heelside much less frontside from backside, candy toss was cool, nice little treat. The one thing i was honestly kinda dissapointed in was that the t shirts are almost the exact same as last year..... but thats no big deal. Overall very fun, nice job guys.

Hey I just wanted to thank everyone who showed up at the comp tonight. I'm Alex, who along with being a park crew member, am also a DJ. I provided the beats for the comp, and I hope you all enjoyed the tunes (though it was tough to hear, due to the MC... no bad feelings though)

If you want more info on me, go to www.aragornpa.tripod.com/djgoldeneye for more info. Hope to see you all around again, and thanks again for your support. I know Andy can agree with me on that.

system of a down playing during my second hit killed me man. you just cant ride to that shit.

B)-->

QUOTE(Matt B @ Feb 1 2007, 11:04 PM) 132157[/snapback]
the comp was a lot of fun the onlly thing is we gotta work on a new way to tell when someeone is going switch cause i did a switch 720 and they didnnt know it was switch they even said it over the radio and the judges didnt know

im a skier but i thought it was just common knowledge to give a little wave to the judges or the announcer if you're droppin' switch. i know thats how it's been in past showdowns but i guess it wasn't established at the start of the comp.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Matt B @ Feb 1 2007, 11:04 PM) 132157[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->the comp was a lot of fun the onlly thing is we gotta work on a new way to tell when someeone is going switch cause i did a switch 720 and they didnnt know it was switch they even said it over the radio and the judges didnt know

im a skier but i thought it was just common knowledge to give a little wave to the judges or the announcer if you're droppin' switch. i know thats how it's been in past showdowns but i guess it wasn't established at the start of the comp.

yeah thats how it was but i asked the people and they just said to tell them if i was going switchhh

i wish it was abvoious as a skiier going switch

but whatever for next time ill know