Park Video

wezlofilms

My problem was actually when they filmed a kid doing a backside boardslide on a ride-on 8" wide box about a foot off the ground, and when he comes off the end he doesn't even turn his board straight he just lands on his heelside edge, and since hes going so god damn slow he doesn't fall. Sorry guys, I'll admit I don't film much and I also filmed myself when I wasn't doing great - but even the crappiest stuff I ever bothered to film is better than that, much less editing it into a video and posting it on the internet. Just don't waste your time because filming slows down your riding packing and unpacking the camera all day, just don't bring it and ride more.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem was actually when they filmed a kid doing a backside boardslide on a ride-on 8" wide box about a foot off the ground, and when he comes off the end he doesn't even turn his board straight he just lands on his heelside edge, and since hes going so god damn slow he doesn't fall. Sorry guys, I'll admit I don't film much and I also filmed myself when I wasn't doing great - but even the crappiest stuff I ever bothered to film is better than that, much less editing it into a video and posting it on the internet. Just don't waste your time because filming slows down your riding packing and unpacking the camera all day, just don't bring it and ride more.

WOW!! talk about hatin. Who are you.....THE MAN!! Why you tryin to hold these kids down. At least they're out doing something they love to do. Who cares if they're puttin "not so good" shots in the edit. I don't think they're putting it out there to win any awards. They're having fun boardin and filmin. I give em props for sitting down and makin a decent website to throw up their vids. I wish I was 15 and able to do the sh*t they're doin.

Keep it up RR! I enjoyed it. You too, Wezlo! If you want to film some 30 year olds livin out their youth, let me know. We got some skillz.

i've seen those kid's stickers around boulder like on the lifts and stuff... for having their own stickers made they really arent as good as i thought they would be.

A more judicious edit would be better. There are some good shots in it but a bunch of bad ones too. I've always thought that a 45 second clip of good shots was better than a 3 minute one of mixed stuff. Look at professional videos - they edit them down to 45 minutes when they probably have hours of shots that would WOW us, but by only doing the best stuff they raise the overall effect a bit. When you have too many shots it drags it down - especially if some of them are bails and what not. There is enough in that video with style to make a good 45 second clip - the shifty, the flat spin 360 with no grab that was smooth, one or two of the hip shots, without having to throw in the crappy boardslide and stuff.

^^ that sounds like spamming to me...

No, it's actually a pretty legit site. Just not nearly as big as pasr. It's kinda like pasr + myspace + photobucket. Pretty nice site actually

Dude what.His colors were so much worse then mine.

And I did some research on my clips from that day and their is nothing wrong with my colors,the thing that was wrong was my shutter was a little to high.If i turned it down a notch or two my clips would look like they were foggy.

Im not going to argue with you guys either I don't care what you both say,your the only two that gave me bad feedback on my clip,everyone else I showed it to who knows a lot more about me with cameras told me my colors were fine and if I just turned the shutter down a little all my clips would have looked fine. Im filming again on Saturday they will come out alot better then last time.

Dude, you are so fucking cocky it's not even funny. You try this everytime someone posts a video. You thrash on it, but in the end try to make it look like you're helping out, giving your 2cents, like you're a professional. The video is fine. Sure, it may not be the way YOU would do it,but w/e. Not that i'm doubting your knowledge, but you don't have to put others down.

Sick edit wezlo

man these guys are a serious group and run a serious snowboarding website and are serious about not grabbing their boards.......

if you are doubting the credibility of these kids who run a serious website, check out some of their other edits...

http://www.roundtopriders.com/PHP/loadVide...mp;isPromo=true

or

for example. as far as i know, jason, who made the site, is being nice and hosting the vid for them. cut them a break.

Dude, you are so fucking cocky it's not even funny. You try this everytime someone posts a video. You thrash on it, but in the end try to make it look like you're helping out, giving your 2cents, like you're a professional. The video is fine. Sure, it may not be the way YOU would do it,but w/e. Not that i'm doubting your knowledge, but you don't have to put others down.

Yo Stevo check out this thread for a good laugh on this subject. The fun starts at the bottom of page two.

http://www.paskiandride.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7550

Remember, the fact that you whip a Ferrari has nothing to do with your skill as a driver...

Yo Stevo check out this thread for a good laugh on this subject. The fun starts at the bottom of page two.

http://www.paskiandride.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7550

Remember, the fact that you whip a Ferrari has nothing to do with your skill as a driver...

THANKS DUDEEE!

BTW a new edit will be up next week.Ill actually spend time editing it and this time ill make the colors look good sense thats all you guys cared about.

THANKS DUDEEE!

BTW a new edit will be up next week.Ill actually spend time editing it and this time ill make the colors look good sense thats all you guys cared about.

no, all we cared about was that any time someone else posts a video, you rip it to shit because their colors are bad. sucks taking the heat, doesnt it?

no, all we cared about was that any time someone else posts a video, you rip it to shit because their colors are bad. sucks taking the heat, doesnt it?
Ummm...idn I thought my colors were good,I just didn't put time into editing it and it was hard to work with the clips sense they were all from one spot kinda over and over again.

if you are doubting the credibility of these kids who run a serious website, check out some of their other edits...

or

for example. as far as i know, jason, who made the site, is being nice and hosting the vid for them. cut them a break.

the skiers are dope as hell on roundtop riders... the boarders on the team are not even close to the level that the skiers are at, the have sick skiers.. they just need to up the skills with their boarders thats all

or

they try to run it like its a serious team website like the wildcats or something like that, these kids are a joke. if you want to see legit sites run by younger guys check out www.aaronleyland.com or www.beeferino.com both feature mainly alot of whistler and seymour but its legit stuff

we should stop saying shit about the roundtopriders.com site b/c papasteeze is problly ganna flip out soon.....................ahahahah

but yeah some of those skiers on there are damn good

Edited by poop

they try to run it like its a serious team website like the wildcats or something like that, these kids are a joke. if you want to see legit sites run by younger guys check out www.aaronleyland.com or www.beeferino.com both feature mainly alot of whistler and seymour but its legit stuff

whats the wildcats? and what do you mean by a serious team? if you've ever skied with any of them, you'd know that they're probably the least serious bunch out there. they're just out riding, having fun, and causing mayhem. they have a website that happens to look pretty nice; i dont see what the problem is.

whats the wildcats? and what do you mean by a serious team? if you've ever skied with any of them, you'd know that they're probably the least serious bunch out there. they're just out riding, having fun, and causing mayhem. they have a website that happens to look pretty nice; i dont see what the problem is.

i dont give 2 shits about the skiers i know they are good,whats the wildcats? hahahaha, but from a snowboarding point of view their website is a complete joke, by a serious team i mean they have a damn website so they are obviously taking themselves seriously and by doing that they should be good as hell, if they want to make edits or whatever thats cool but the professional looking website makes them a joke

disclaimer : this is not an expert opinion and I know nothing about the technicalities of park riding.

The original edit on this thread (the wezlo one) had some of the best riding I've seen from a "local" film, genuine skill AND with style.

One or two of the shots at the beginning seemed a little unsteady but the composition and editing looked great.

Great work, hope you are successful with it.

i dont give 2 shits about the skiers i know they are good,whats the wildcats? hahahaha, but from a snowboarding point of view their website is a complete joke, by a serious team i mean they have a damn website so they are obviously taking themselves seriously and by doing that they should be good as hell, if they want to make edits or whatever thats cool but the professional looking website makes them a joke

The snowboarders in that edit arent even from RR. Jason just hosted it for the kids. RR only has one snowboarder on there team and its Alex Curry, hes not to bad. Buy Quick for $12 and you will see. RR has kinda died now that two of them are in Utah, but dont rip on an edit that doesnt even have there riders, and then say there team sucks.

the skiers are dope as hell on roundtop riders... the boarders on the team are not even close to the level that the skiers are at, the have sick skiers.. they just need to up the skills with their boarders thats all

There is only one, boarder on the team - Alex Curry and he is out with injury, possibly permanent.

we should stop saying shit about the roundtopriders.com site b/c papasteeze is problly ganna flip out soon.....................ahahahah

but yeah some of those skiers on there are damn good

RountopRiders is not trying to be anything that they aren't already - just some local kids organizing themselves with thier media, thanks to Jason.

if you've ever skied with any of them, you'd know that they're probably the least serious bunch out there. they're just out riding, having fun, and causing mayhem. they have a website that happens to look pretty nice; i dont see what the problem is.

WORD!

WRONG... WRONG.............. Did I happen to mention that you are very wrong? relax........

The snowboarders in that edit arent even from RR. Jason just hosted it for the kids. RR only has one snowboarder on there team and its Alex Curry, hes not to bad. Buy Quick for $12 and you will see. RR has kinda died now that two of them are in Utah, but dont rip on an edit that doesnt even have there riders, and then say there team sucks.

WORD........... Click on the trailer in my siganture. actually watch some of the edits on the RR site and you will see that these kids know how to have fun...

I am sorry that I posted that video link in this thread, I was just trying to keep the Boulder park edits together. thats all...

i think i just shit my pants after reading that shit. dw2430 your one slick son of a gun i gotta give you that followed by a high ^5 .

and i didnt say anything really negative in my last post so idk why i got quoted for shit.

Edited by poop

dude why does them having a decent website make them look like a joke? jason's in school for web design or something of the sort. i would sure hope he can make a decent website. they're a bunch of friends who ride together, most of them are pretty good, and they are fun to ride with. jason did those kids a favor and hosted the video for them. big deal, let it go. and seriously, what are the wildcats, besides a predatory feline? i don't snowboard so i'm not entirely up on who's who in the industry besides videos i see at work.

There is only one, boarder on the team - Alex Curry and he is out with injury, possibly permanent.

i guess i jumped to conclusion.. but looking at there site it says they have 5 snowboarders.. im just sayin that even in the other videos i always felt the skiers on the team were so much better then the boarders thats all