Blue Debut (2-5-07)

bigdaddyk

I woke up a little later than expected and didn't get to the Boot until 12:45. It was 14 degrees when I pulled into the lot and windy as heck. I was a little surprised at how many people were there, considering the cold and wind. I wimped out and booted up in the lodge, a rare event for myself. I hit the snow by 1 and was sort of disappointed that paradise was closed for snowmaking...I thought I might have a chance to get to meet a certain patroler :P . Out of the two "doubles", razors had the best snow, but challenge was still fairly decent, especially condsidering the wind. Things started to get a little icy around 3pm. I ended up meeting Doug toward the end of the afternoon and did a few runs with him. He sort of lost me the first run down challenge. My skis started to chatter a little so I backed off and I stood up too much and hit a gust of wind that hit me like a wall. We did a couple of runs down lazy mile, which probably had the best snow on it, due to the afternoon grooming. I then called it a day, since I was past the witching hour of my ticket, and hit the lodge for some pierogies, then hit Wawa for coffee, on the way home. The only down side I find to going to places like Blue is that I'm always envious, after leaving. If I lived closer, I would definately have a pass for there. Overall, it was a pretty decent afternoon and it was nice to put a face to a name. I'm sure I also saw other PASR's out there. I definately will be there a few more times this year :rock .

I woke up a little later than expected and didn't get to the Boot until 12:45. It was 14 degrees when I pulled into the lot and windy as heck. I was a little surprised at how many people were there, considering the cold and wind. I wimped out and booted up in the lodge, a rare event for myself. I hit the snow by 1 and was sort of disappointed that paradise was closed for snowmaking...I thought I might have a chance to get to meet a certain patroler :P . Out of the two "doubles", razors had the best snow, but challenge was still fairly decent, especially condsidering the wind. Things started to get a little icy around 3pm. I ended up meeting Doug toward the end of the afternoon and did a few runs with him. He sort of lost me the first run down challenge. My skis started to chatter a little so I backed off and I stood up too much and hit a gust of wind that hit me like a wall. We did a couple of runs down lazy mile, which probably had the best snow on it, due to the afternoon grooming. I then called it a day, since I was past the witching hour of my ticket, and hit the lodge for some pierogies, then hit Wawa for coffee, on the way home. The only down side I find to going to places like Blue is that I'm always envious, after leaving. If I lived closer, I would definately have a pass for there. Overall, it was a pretty decent afternoon and it was nice to put a face to a name. I'm sure I also saw other PASR's out there. I definately will be there a few more times this year :rock .

Glad you enjoyed the Boot! It's the place to be :rock

Glad you enjoyed the Boot! It's the place to be :rock

The only really bad spot in the place was the cattle shoot to the six pack...it was a sheet of ice. Toward the end of the afternoon, I came into it a little too fast and knew I wouldn't get stopped. I blew through it and almost ate the chair in front of me. I thought I was going to get to load a chair from the back side. I guess I wasn't practicing smart style :tinfoil: .

Edited by bigdaddyk

BigDaddyK it was nice meeting you...

...Razors seemed icier to me with some icy spots where the wind had blown away all the loose snow. ... Yes it was cold outside..definitely in the negatives with the wind chill..but I stayed warm laughing at all the nubs..Headband Harry was out in just a headband and sunglasses..one teenage kid I rode the lift with had no had..just goggles and a hooded sweatshirt that was unzipped.....

Razors did ice up as the day went along. When I first got there, it was pretty nice, but the loose snow eventually blew off. It was definately cold. I heard them make frost bite announcements a few times. I definately layered up...probably one of the reason my aerodynamics suck so much. I thought it was pretty bad that you kept pulling away while coasting down tuts :tinfoil: .

Razors did ice up as the day went along. When I first got there, it was pretty nice, but the loose snow eventually blew off. It was definately cold. I heard them make frost bite announcements a few times. I definately layered up...probably one of the reason my aerodynamics suck so much. I thought it was pretty bad that you kept pulling away while coasting down tuts :tinfoil: .

If you think Doug is fast, you haven't seen nothing yet :nana

hehe....shadows knows my secret....he's one of few that have gotten to ski my 07s....you should try my GS skis...they blow the slalom skis (the ones you skied on) out of the water :rock

I might look into a different type of ski. My volkls are more for carving than speed....I also got them shorter than most people would prefer. Although, I have two seasons on them and they are still in excellent shape.

Edited by bigdaddyk

i wouldnt be able to handle those gs skis. i was working your slalom skis and gettin bucked out of every turn. so much fun though.

I think once you got the GS up to speed, you'd find them easier to ski, as you're used to something that makes a wider turn. Come flying off the Razors' headwall with some speed and they just rip.

And all this time I thought it was steroids..

That were making his penis smaller? :confused

And by the way doug... you tryin to call me slow? I don't think you are, but in the slight case that you might be you should check out nastar.com and review the times on there;

That were making his penis smaller? :confused

And by the way doug... you tryin to call me slow? I don't think you are, but in the slight case that you might be you should check out nastar.com and review the times on there;

NASTAR isn't everything Metz. Last time I checked, when you were faster then Doug in NASTAR last year...you were huffing and puffing your way down Razors while we waited for you for several minutes at the bottom.

:wiggle