Wednesday Feb. 7th

SkiCamelback

Jeff and doug...Do you guys get off on posting negitve shit about CB? You guys never ski there (the the possible exception of when you get a free pass from your old teacher jeff). So why do you care?

I don't go posting in blue 'why do they conditions always suck? why are there always 2034923 noobs on each trail? ohh if a blue mountain rep doesn't tell my a non bullshit answer why, im going to bitch and moan a little more.

blah blah, blah blah, blah blah

Update --- Meadows is also closed for snowmaking.

Snowmaking on Meadows, Nile Mile, and Marjie's. CB is taking advantage of the single digit temps to make as much snow as possible!!

I guess that means tut and birches are closed?

Remember skiers and riders...skiing Camelback during cold weather can cause shrinkage...no not like the Seinfeld episode after George got out of the pool...schrinkage of the mountain...

The pot calling the kettle Blue...

http://www.paskiandride.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1251

HAHHAHAHAHHA

Lets see...that was ummm Febuary 7th 2005...Hmmm one thread two years ago? Is that really the same as trying to degrade almost every thread that is in this forum?

Nvm

Dude, I'm not getting on Camelback because I don't like CB, that's not true, I have no problem with it. And I ski at Camelback MUCH more then you ski at Blue.

People here aren't interested in "sugar coated" snow reports and not directly answering questions, they want the facts. And the fact is that Blue doesn't have a representative, and if they did, I would bitch why the race team gets Razors some mornings at 7:30, and why there are death cookies all over the place. If mountain representatives are going to post here, they've got to be able to listen to real questions that our members demend REAL answers to.

My question was, why do they so often close the one side of the mountain. I don't know how you couldn't be pissed about that if you were skiing. I was so pissed that they had Razors and Challenge closed the same day because of snowmaking last year, that I almost got kicked out for bitching so much. It's rediculous for them to close 1/2 the mountain, just because there are 1/2 the people there. Those 1/2 want to ski everything.

it's a great moring to get out and ski the sugar coated conditions...

Got to admit this guy has a great sense of humor! Also, go easy on SkiCamelback - he is only the messenger.

http://reviews.onthesnow.com/resort/reviews/PA/97

http://www.skitown.com/resortguide/review_...cfm/pa07/pa07/1

I'm sure there is no real bad feeling towards SkiCB personally, I for one appreciate his updates and he has my sympathy having to feed that line out to the message board, which he is under no obligation to do, he could just ignore our moaning. I would rather he "sacked up" and kept posting despite the negativity from people who don't even ski there.

It's a feeble excuse though, on Sunday PM it was not any colder than it had been all day and my 6 year old (properly attired) would have stuck his newly acquired ski poles up the butt of anyone who suggested he couldn't ski the east side anymore so that he could easily warm up.

I understand the sentiment of the "look after the school club kids" message, but isn't the reality that CB just wants to limit the amount of "risk" they subject these kids to with the minimum amount of staff. You could always open the Glen lodge if your that worried about the little ones.

but isn't the reality that CB just wants to limit the amount of "risk" they subject these kids to with the minimum amount of staff. You could always open the Glen lodge if your that worried about the little ones.

NO!!!!! I contend that with diminished crowds, they felt it more profitable and good for the employees if they let staff take off and close that side of the mountain. That simple. BTW - Nips and I were amazed how empty Steamboat was on Sunday - so awesome to still be cutting cord at 2pm - that is a place that we return to year after year. BTW - my kids no longer ski ther for free.

HAHHAHAHAHHA

Lets see...that was ummm Febuary 7th 2005...Hmmm one thread two years ago? Is that really the same as trying to degrade almost every thread that is in this forum?

Nvm

Dude you forgot you are on the PABitchAndMoanAboutCamelback web site. It exists so MommaDouchenozzle, AtomicDouchenozzle and GrilledDouchenozzleSandwich can just bitch and moan about CB and it's staff.

It's so lame and old. I actually thought this would be a decent sited to find out about local mountain conditions and to talk to others about skiing and riding in PA.

Why are you guys complaining about them? I'm about to rag on Camelback and I can't ski there once this season. I guess since I'm not getting out anymore this year I shouldn't post about any of the mountains because clearly it doesn't effect me. Or you can see this is a forum and there is no criteria to be allowed to talk in it so shut the fuck up.

I don't hate on the rep, I appreciate hes here and I understand none of these are his decisions. I'm glad the marketing guys read what we're saying - I have to say Camelback does a good job of marketing. I see that billboard on Route 80 near Lodi and think - why doesn't Shawnee and JFBB have a sign? They're all on Route 80 - but Camelback is the only one with a sign on the busiest road coming from New York City. So clearly the marketing guys have their shit together and that means more tickets sold which means more snowmaking budget for everyone.

But then decisions like this (not made by our rep or the marketing guys at all) are ridiculous and are the reason why we rag on Camelback. They have the best terrain out of the mountains out Route 80, but then they do stupid things that ruin it. Sure its unsafe for some people on one side of the mountain in these conditions - but its unsafe all the time on some trails so should you close those on ski club nights too? Maybe you should call up the schools and say hey its ridiculously cold tonight and it might be unsafe maybe you should reschedule. Or maybe someone should step on every bus that pulls in and give a little safety talk. My middle school went to Shawnee and you can get all the way out to the skiers left or right and be a pretty long trek from the base lodge - they didn't close lifts for the cold. In high school we went to Mountain Creek - that is a hell of a lot more spread out than Camelback ever is. You can be on Granite and be a long way from a base lodge. Not to mention the lift from South to Granite was timed at 11 minutes - and is very exposed. Yet they don't close that stuff because it is cold.

The problem is the school kids not the weather, deal with the real problem.

But then decisions like this (not made by our rep or the marketing guys at all) are ridiculous and are the reason why we rag on Camelback. They have the best terrain out of the mountains out Route 80, but then they do stupid things that ruin it. Sure its unsafe for some people on one side of the mountain in these conditions - but its unsafe all the time on some trails so should you close those on ski club nights too? Maybe you should call up the schools and say hey its ridiculously cold tonight and it might be unsafe maybe you should reschedule. Or maybe someone should step on every bus that pulls in and give a little safety talk. My middle school went to Shawnee and you can get all the way out to the skiers left or right and be a pretty long trek from the base lodge - they didn't close lifts for the cold. In high school we went to Mountain Creek - that is a hell of a lot more spread out than Camelback ever is. You can be on Granite and be a long way from a base lodge. Not to mention the lift from South to Granite was timed at 11 minutes - and is very exposed. Yet they don't close that stuff because it is cold.

The problem is the school kids not the weather, deal with the real problem.

Thank you. If Blue did the same thing, I'd bitch like hell too. The thing is, Blue, and every other mountain in the poconos doesn't do stupid stuff like that.

camelback has done things that bother me, but i was usually able to brush them off. but closing the mtn due to coldness. what if i went to CB hoping to ride cliffhanger? i drive 2 hours and pay full price just to find out they decide its too cold to stay fully open

"Note: Trail conditions may change during the day due to weather, skier traffic and other factors. Trail openings, lift operations and other operational conditions may change due to maintenance, weather conditions, skier demand, and other circumstances. Camelback reserves the right to alter daily operations without notice."

It's always a possibility.

"Note: Trail conditions may change during the day due to weather, skier traffic and other factors. Trail openings, lift operations and other operational conditions may change due to maintenance, weather conditions, skier demand, and other circumstances. Camelback reserves the right to alter daily operations without notice."

It's always a possibility.

Just because they print a disclaimer doesn't make it right. Disclaimers are printed to cover businesses against unreasonable complaints and/or suits. The fact of the matter is that this was a type of decision that is typically made by CB but nowhere else. Profitibility justified the safety decision to close that lift on that particular date and time. They are more concerned with people contracting frostbite than they are about the people who know how to prepare for it.

Risk management seems to drive daily operations at CB more so than other places.

Remember skiers and riders...skiing Camelback during cold weather can cause shrinkage...no not like the Seinfeld episode after George got out of the pool...schrinkage of the mountain...

That is some funny sh*t

What Camelback needs to do is put giant bumpers on the side of the ski trails..like in bumper bowling but like 20 times as high so if anybody gets out of control..they won't hit a tree..they'll just hit the bumper and bump back into the trail..

That's what the fence on the side of Pharo is for.

When I was a junior in High School the advisors for our ski club wanted to change to Camelback instead of Mountain Creek just for a change of scenery & how spread out MC is for a short night. We ended up getting 90 something percent of the kids in the ski club to petition to stay at Mountain Creek - sure glad we did.