THE JUMP OFF

soldier32

Mike and Matt's is sponsoring a big air and rail jam on sunday.

FREE ENTRY, snowboarders only (sorry skiers)

Registration at 9 AM at the double decker.

It's gonna be sick, we have tons of sickk stuff to give away, everyone will be leaving with something. Be there or be square.

am I right to say being a snowboarder is one thing as is being a skier, I am also sure there is something out there just for the skiers that a snow boarder can not enter into. Does it really matter, I myself ski, but like this competion I can not enter, so if I was there I would be watching, have fun all the same, and if there is something for skiers only, I would only hope the boarders come not necessarly for me but just to watch, and kinda reciprocate the respect. Hope this made sense, but hey its all involving the snow none the less....Have fun, no matter what you do. Why argure

I mean I can see if its a snowboard shop why it would be only snowboard stuff - find a ski shop to help sponsor this stuff.

As for skier versus snowboarder - you know what REALLY pisses me off?

Both Burton and Ride sell stuff to "Snowboard only" shops (Burton Seven & UnInc boards, along with Coalition color schemes, Ride DFC edition stuff) that they won't sell to places that have skis - no matter what. If there is a ski in the place you can't carry it.

So my shop which is a family owned shop thats really gets into the niche type stuff (we had grenade before they were big, almost picked up battaleon, have arbor, picked up Rome before most, etc etc) can't get some of the cooler stuff because we sell twin tips skis (almost half our ski wall is twin tip for both mens & womens). This despite Burton now sponsoring some twin tippers through Anon.

But if your a skate shop that has just skateboard stuff and a tiny tiny bit of snowboard stuff - you can carry DFC & Coalition. Look at Small Empire. Hell I think Zoomies might have Coalition but we can't carry it because we support twin tippers at my store. Its such bullshit especially considering Anon goggles being worn by a lot of skiers, and the fact that some snowboard companies (GNU) are now starting to sell twin tips. I think we're past the point of this vendetta against ski culture and it annoys me that we lose sales to some stupid chain store because people want the Coalition color scheme - and that store has 1 guy who went snowboarding a bit, and we have a dozen guys picking this stuff out who are all serious riders/skiers, with two guys who used to be sponsored and a guy and a girl who were ski bums for a few years trying shit out, but because we sells skis too we get screwed.

Edited by Method9455

I mean I can see if its a snowboard shop why it would be only snowboard stuff - find a ski shop to help sponsor this stuff.

Both Burton and Ride sell stuff to "Snowboard only" shops (Burton Seven & UnInc boards, along with Coalition color schemes, Ride DFC edition stuff) that they won't sell to places that have skis - no matter what. If there is a ski in the place you can't carry it.

So my shop which is a family owned shop thats really gets into the niche type stuff (we had grenade before they were big, almost picked up battaleon, have arbor, picked up Rome before most, etc etc) can't get some of the cooler stuff because we sell twin tips skis (almost half our ski wall is twin tip for both mens & womens). This despite Burton now sponsoring some twin tippers through Anon.

But if your a skate shop that has just skateboard stuff and a tiny tiny bit of snowboard stuff - you can carry DFC & Coalition. Look at Small Empire. Hell I think Zoomies might have Coalition but we can't carry it because we support twin tippers at my store. Its such bullshit especially considering Anon goggles being worn by a lot of skiers, and the fact that some snowboard companies (GNU) are now starting to sell twin tips. I think we're past the point of this vendetta against ski culture and it annoys me that we lose sales to some stupid chain store because people want the Coalition color scheme - and that store has 1 guy who went snowboarding a bit, and we have a dozen guys picking this stuff out who are all serious riders/skiers, with two guys who used to be sponsored and a guy and a girl who were ski bums for a few years trying shit out, but because we sells skis too we get screwed.

I might just have to buy those GNU's...... especially if they have magne traction like the boards do. :drool although i wasnt aware they were makings skis. is this true or is that just a rumor?

Edited by splooshie

so does pinnacle sports in reading. they carry dfc and coalition along with skis.

are the skis on a seperate floor from the snowboards? when we had pipedream upstairs in the loft, we were allowed to carry burton's uninc stuff, but now that its down on the same floor as ski stuff, we cant.

I know allot of shops that sell Burton stuff and sell skis too so i dont know what your talking about

The GNU skis are in fact a reality and are Magne Traction. They are listed as the GNU NAS - "Narrow Ass Snowboard" High Country Sports in Livingston had 1 pair left when I left for school a few weeks ago.

Obviously you can carry Burton + Skis. The Coalition & DFC is not allowed to be in a store that has skis - at least thats what our reps tell us. It is possible that some stores have been able to strike a deal - our store doesn't have much leverage because we are just 1 store. It is also possible the separate floors rule, all our stuff is on one floor because we only have one floor. The boards from Burton are the Se7en and the Uninc, the bindings/boots are just color schemes.