mountaincreek has started to copy jfbb

frostyburton

Papa you mean a step up like Northstar has been making for the pros the last few years. Actually Shawnee had a mini version last year that was pretty fun at the very end of hte season, it was like a 3-4 foot gap, maybe like 3 foot step up, about 20 feet of snow then a lip and a 4 foot drop. Mad fun, I would like to see one thats a bit bigger especially the end drop, with enough of a gap to prevent people from getting on top without using the jump.

I am not familiar with the one at Northstar. The one that nips was hitting in steamboat is hard to describe because it could be used as a step or you could air it out up and over or you land the flat box or the flat down box on top. it was a quarter pipe shape with the top 10 foot notched out. looked really scary until I saw it being hit. I am sure some photos will crop up soon. In the meanwhile, nips is making a clay model to submit to the park guys hopefully in time for the next cold snap.

It would fit perfect where the current battleship is on widow.

Is that the one in the promo video? It might be an optical illusion but it looks like he hits it at one point and almost nails a woman skiing by on top.

As for the northstar setup it was in 2 MDP movies, I can't take screenshots otherwise I would.

basically a cheese wedge style jump onto a rectangle of snow about a cat width, maybe 80 feet long, about 12 feet high at the start and 20 at the end, with a lip, and then a landing like a step down jump. Some people call them butter boxes and stuff but I think its more of a step up because, well you step up onto the box, then ride across it and its a big step down. The shot was someone comes in does a BS 180 and goes along and then like 720 off the end.

I was doing 180 to 180 at the Shawnee mini setup and it felt so good except that the gap on was small enough that people were walking around the jump and kind of climbing onto the top to walk on it becuase few people knew how to actually hit it.

Edited by Method9455

You know what though man? I think I might be mistaken, cuz I'm pretty sure in this video "Baby Jamz" from like 10 years ago, Shaun White and Tanner Hall did a skier boarder joint expo vid, and I'm almost positive they had a channel gap built at a small hill outside of Tallahassee, Florida that used to be real hot on the park scene... Does anyone else remember this?

im pretty sure tanner wasnt pro 10 years ago.... and shaun was only 9y/o...... and they didnt have twin tips yet 10 years ago. what was tanner 10 years ago, like 12?

im pretty sure tanner wasnt pro 10 years ago.... and shaun was only 9y/o...... and they didnt have twin tips yet 10 years ago. what was tanner 10 years ago, like 12?

you lose. the olin mark IV first came out well over 10 years ago, and the prototype line skis/snowblades and salomon 1080s, as well as the k2 poacher, came out about 96/97.

Is that the one in the promo video? It might be an optical illusion but it looks like he hits it at one point and almost nails a woman skiing by on top.

No, that one in his promo is a true step up.

basically a cheese wedge style jump onto a rectangle of snow about a cat width, maybe 80 feet long, about 12 feet high at the start and 20 at the end, with a lip, and then a landing like a step down jump. Some people call them butter boxes and stuff but I think its more of a step up because, well you step up onto the box, then ride across it and its a big step down.

What you describe is similar to what was at steamboat this year only smaller and without the gap - the guys at steamboat call it a snow box - they removed the boxes on top after the NextSnow comp.