Sugary Death Cookie Sandwich

toast21602

got up there today at 7:25 and see Jeff in the lot running around like a mad man trying to get all of his stuff on so he can get in line with doug. i roll in next to him and all i hear is "shit, my poles. fuck my gloves are in the car. oh hey. i woke up at 7:00 and drove like a mad man to get here".... yeeeeah i woke up at 7:10 and got there right on time. its nice being back home and getting to the mountain in 9 minutes. so yeah. took a run with doug down challenge and then waited for jeff at the top. there were a lot of death cookies out there. i thought challenge was really good the first run that i took, but it seemed like as the morning went on the more and more cookies were there. doug was ripping through the bumps on main street again. the bottom of main street was a sugary mess. i didnt expect anything less. its always either sugary mess or icy death. it started to suck for sure. i feel bad for anybody who was skiing behind me today because i was bookin it and my tails were just shitting snow on people. hahahahaahaa.. love twin tips. anyway. i thought the best thing today, besides the first run down challenge, was paradise. took a few runs down there and passes sexkitten and bob. i guess bob was trying to help sexkitten ski better or something because he was trying to ski backwards down while watching her and he just ate shit as we were going by. gotta love when those tails dig in! haha. so after 12 runs i think, i left. came back home and waxed my skis and now i'm packing my bags and getting ready to go to Park City/Canyons. i'm going to miss Blue Mountain the True Mountain... but it will be worth it and hopefully i return to my beloved mountain still thriving with bountiful amounts snow :)

DA DAMN!

We just got back from a nice 7:30 to 11:15 session. It was a great day in the morning and a manky day later but it was a day on the snow so I can't really complain. The early morning runs were really the best since the snow hadn't softened yet. We did a couple of beautiful, fast runs on Lazy, Switchback and Paradise. No sugary piles were to be found and we were super happy. When Toast saw us on paradise Bob was working on skiing the whole trail backwards. You know... just because I'm kinda new and kinda suck does not mean that I still need that kind of teaching. Damn it! I was skiing behind Bob as his spotter. So there. BTW, you gotta love twin tips... well, unless you have to ski behind them. Anyway, I'm glad he wanted to screw around on Paradise... it had the best conditions of the day IMO. Around 10 we ventured over to Main St. to ski that side of the mountain and low and behold... there were the piles I had been missing (said with tongue firmly planted in cheek). Hundreds of mushy, ski grabbing, thigh burning, fall inducing piles. Ugh... I mean yay! I think I've said this before but Main St. really is a bipolar trail. The top was lovely and fast but the bottom was disgusting. Oh well, after that run we went back to the 6 pack and somehow ended up meeting up with Doug and Jeff . Together we skied some runs on Paradise, Lazy, Main St., Raceway to Chute and I think that's it. I got to watch the men ski the bumps and I am now completely sure that I will never learn to do bumps and don't really care. Also skied by the men alone was the lower park and pipe while I hit Falls and Challenge a few times while the bench and I made friends. Oh... while on the bench a 13 year old started a conversation with me that ended with him asking if I had a boyfriend. Hmmmmm. Anyway, by then it was around 11, the snow was apple pie filling on it's way to becoming apple sauce and the jeans were out in full force so we bailed. Overall we had a really nice morning and I am starting to feel sad that this season is coming to an end. Ski day number 26 (yes, I have only skied 26 times in my whole life) has come and gone and happily it was a good one. Hey, maybe I'll make it to 30 this season.

P.S. What the hell is the deal with the line area at the 6 pack. Wow.

Edited by sexkitten

good luck to him trying to ski the whole thing backwards on straight skis. and i mean carving turns... not doing what he was doing. but anyway.. good to know you had a good time. you should try to get 30 days by the end of the season. that would be cool. its off to Utah for me... laterrrrr.

p.s.- take care of the True Mountain for me ;)

good luck to him trying to ski the whole thing backwards on straight skis. and i mean carving turns... not doing what he was doing. but anyway.. good to know you had a good time. you should try to get 30 days by the end of the season. that would be cool. its off to Utah for me... laterrrrr.

p.s.- take care of the True Mountain for me ;)

Wha??? He doesn't have straight skis. Anyway... you'd better leave Blue in Doug's care. I would neglect it for sure. 1 visit per week does not a good caretaker make. BTW, take lots of pics in Utah. I'd say we'll miss you but my jealousy won't let me. Haha.

Oh... while on the bench a 13 year old started a conversation with me that ended with him asking if I had a boyfriend. Hmmmmm. Anyway

uh, yea...13 year old.

park sucked so bad today. i really dont believe park crew has any say in what goes on in the parks. they take features out without getting opinions, and they set things up differently without asking. and the park seems like it hasnt been groomed in 3 days.

uh, yea...13 year old.

park sucked so bad today. i really dont believe park crew has any say in what goes on in the parks. they take features out without getting opinions, and they set things up differently without asking. and the park seems like it hasnt been groomed in 3 days.

If you get there at 7:30...you'll see that the park was infact groomed to perfection with fresh cord, and park crue was infact out touching up the features. Don't be so quick to jump down Blue's throat :banghead

Now lets post logged on as me......

Yes...On the second or third trip down paradise backwards, I fell. Shit happens. I was getting bored and needed something different and figured I'd put the 1080's to work. I don't think I did too bad considering I was keeping pace with the wifey and passing others on the trail...except for the get-a-long gang of course :rolleyes:

The rest of the day was cool. While I was making a few last challenge runs before leaving some 13 yr old was trying to show the wifey the big one...good boy now go find mommy and daddy....

On the last challenge run I got what felt like some mad air off of falls and almost lost it, but I didn't.

If I call my 1080's TT's instead of twin tips, does that make them faster? It feels like it...

you guys are getting too picky, i thought conditions were pretty damn good all around the mountain yesterday morning. I cant criique the lips and features and all in the park but it was definatley freshly corded and painted...I woulda taken a few runs with you guys if i knew i would meet sexkitten (oh and bob too)!

gettin ready to head up to camelback for our annual cb aftrnoon...

Edited by mbike-ski

If you get there at 7:30...you'll see that the park was infact groomed to perfection with fresh cord, and park crue was infact out touching up the features. Don't be so quick to jump down Blue's throat :banghead

i didnt say anything about PC not doing their job jeff.

you guys are getting too picky, i thought conditions were pretty damn good all around the mountain yesterday morning. I cant criique the lips and features and all in the park but it was definatley freshly corded and painted...I woulda taken a few runs with you guys if i knew i would meet sexkitten (oh and bob too)!

gettin ready to head up to camelback for our annual cb aftrnoon...

You said it perfectly... conditions were pretty good yesterday morning. By 10 it was only so so and I'm sure it only got worse from there. That's the problem with warm weather... no extra fleece layer but manky snow as the trade off.

Alot of the pickiness is because the afternoon before was just so freaking nice. Plus Toast is one of the pickiest skiers out there when it comes to conditions. I sometimes feel wimpy leaving after 3 hours and he sometimes skis for like an hour.

What the hell do you guys expect snow to be like when its 50 degrees in the afternoon and 30 at night? Its only going to get worse from here.