Powder Blue (3-7-07)

bigdaddyk

Just got back a little while ago from a sweet session at Blue and BB....sorry Steeze I had to start it that way. I arrived at 8:20 and booted up and grabbed my ticket and hit the six pack just after 8:30. It was 12 degrees, although it really didn't feel that cold and it was snowing lightly. I did a few runs down Razors and Challenge, which were :rock:rock , especially compared to Tuesday...fresh natural and man made snow. I then hit lazy mile and ran into Atomic Jeff at the six pack and spent nearly the rest of the morning doing laps with him...it was nice to put another PASR name to a face (even though like he said it was covered up because of the cold :lol: ). Paradise open a little before noon, since they had to groom it and it wasn't too bad. Switchback finally opened a little after noon, but was hard and all cookies...kind of disappointing. Sidewinder still wasn't groomed or opened, when I left at 12:30. I was driving home and got the idea to stop off for first tracks at BB...man am I glad I did. It's not too often you get to hit fresh poe twice, in one day. BB report

Edited by bigdaddyk

I skied with Doug the whole time except for one run. We mainly did Lazy Miles to Falls since it had the best snow on the mountain. Switchback was terrible today, death cookies everywhere. Doug cut over to Main Street and I kept going on Switchback. The further down you went, the worse it got. I ate shit on Come Around. I hit the jump they had there and I landed wierd and I just laid it down and got snowed in my pants. Then we skied on Burma Road in seach of some POE. Doug went up the sides of the hills and all these boarders followed him. We spotted Tretiak near the six pack and the one lady liftie was getting pissed at the people not loading in groups of 6. I think Doug even had a crush on her. She was lovely looking and is a perfect match for him....

Doug yelled off the lift to random people by addressing them as Leroy. We rode the lift with this guy who I thought sounded like a pedaphile. Doug complemented him on his jacket and then we got the whole story of how he got the coat on a ski trip to Telluride and the leader Mary Ellen told him how she liked the coat. So he bought it even though his girlfriend hated it. He then asked the dumbest question I've ever heard, "why does the snow glare change at night". From there he went on how he dated a nurse and she convinced him to wear a helmet. That discussion then led to a talk on concussions :lol:

Now this is a rumor I heard so don't count on it for sure. The cooking teacher at school works at blue and the kid who sits next to me his aunt works there as well. Both of them were talking how they might stay open to April 8th. Thats because thats the day Easter is so I guess they are hoping for a crowd of people, but what it's going to come down to is the amount of traffic that comes in this month, and how many people will work that late in the year and on the holiday.

Now this is a rumor I heard so don't count on it for sure. The cooking teacher at school works at blue and the kid who sits next to me his aunt works there as well. Both of them were talking how they might stay open to April 8th. Thats because thats the day Easter is so I guess they are hoping for a crowd of people, but what it's going to come down to is the amount of traffic that comes in this month, and how many people will work that late in the year and on the holiday.

And how hot it gets..... Have you checked the forecast lately?

Saturday should be great in the morning...much like this past Saturday...

Saturday

Partly Sunny. A Chance Of Rain In The Afternoon. Not As Cool With Highs In The Upper 40s. South Winds 5 To 10 Mph. Chance Of Rain 50 Percent.

Don't say the R WORD or Bob won't want to go!!!

what' sup with the conditions, they sound like total crap! death cookies and icy patches? I was going to go Friday AM, but it sounds so shitty...

Go! The cookies are from freshly blown snow, that will be groomed over a couple times by Friday. The icy patches were on Tuesday, from the wind.

No Pontoons on these feet! head Mojo 90's for soft snow, rocks and trees and Supershapes for groomed. No offense guys but I will ski 15 days out there and coming back to this really sucks. I have skied some of the best pow this season. That, plus I am having knee surgery in April and need to be a bit careful. This will be my 6th surgery in like 13 years!( knee, shoulder, back, hand and elbow) Hard snow is tough on the knee joints and I need to keep it happy for the Boat; 19th-23rd. I am going next week for sure so I will make the best of it. Enjoy guys! I don't mind icy stuff, its the death cookies I hate!

Edited by Finndog