Goggle lense color help

kragan

Hey everyone,

I really like how my current Carrera goggles fit, but the depth perception with them on overcast/snowy days is terrible. They have a blueish/clear lense which I think is the problem. I was wondering what any of you guys and gals could recommend for either brand/model of goggle or even just lense color that seems to provide excellent depth perception is varying conditions?

Thanks in advance,

kragan

Jeez, Kragan, blueish/clear is ideal for certain extreme, low light night conditions...no wonder you having issues. Preferences from person to person change, but the best all-around lens color is generally considered the persimmon, or yellowish/orange. I prefer a more yellow lens because I have night races, but all my other goggles are persimmon. My fav are the Oakley A-Frames...

I used to use Fireiridiums all the time, but they're basically a really dark pair of sunglasses, so I bought HI Yellow's for night, but they're so freakin good I use them all the time because there is such a sort amount of time when there aren't shadows or dark spots on the trails during the course of a day.