Bear Closing Date?

dolfman261

The million dollar question, when is bear closing? Also, i wanted to know if there are any plans to keep the park open longer than the rest of the mountain? I really hope bear stays open untill april, and i think, yes, they might loose some money but keeping the lifts running and the mountain open will make sure that angry passholder get there money's worth and a decent end of the season so they come back next year.

I was up there on saturday and sunday and was wondering the same thing, so when I was riding the lift with a patroller in the afternoon I asked him and he told me that at the patroller meeting they had that morning... they were hoping to stay open until March 28th, but it depends

this might all just be hope but i really think bear has enough snow pilled up to stay open into mid april, but after this weekend i really think that bear creek will close april 1st, they can say they made it into april. it is sort of dissapointing that after all the hype about gettin a discouont next year, we are not gonna get any compensation for our passes but, i am not complaining i had a good season.

At this point just enjoy every run..day..session..jib...air..and crispy steps in one of the universes most progressive parks. I'm thinking of doing a double-dip session where I ski Blue for fresh cord and hit Bear Creek for an evening session. Anybody skiing/riding Bear Creek Saturday night session?

yeah doug do it... i'm thinking of an all day affair at bc on sat... you know...open to close. so i should be there along with k2rider, tp4 and maybe megan.

Here is the latest update on a closing date:

As long as we have snow and are covering operating costs then we will continue to stay open.

Based on my 13 years in the ski industry in PA, guest interest usually dies off before the snow disappears. If you really want BC to stay open, spread the word that we still have snow, the parks are the best they have been all year and get all your friends out. The decision is highly influenced by guest actions.

See you out there.

hey bcmark, you know how you guys have waivers for hiking in the summer? after you close, post some printable waivers on the website, and get very detailed into them. and make these waivers for hiking up the terrain park trails to ride or ski them. this way you wouldnt need to run a lift, and wouldnt have to pay park crew because the people hiking the park would maintain the features themselves.

or better yet, make it a season passholder only option. i think that would be really cool, hiking for your turns/tricks in pa, and the waiver waves you guys from being responsible for injuries. you could even require helmets....

It's tempting, especially because I can stop by my buddys condo in Macungie on the way back and drink his beer...I'm playing it by ear based on how much energy I have..I'm think possibly morning session at the Boot...lunch..nap...snack..sugar free red bull..evening session at Bear..drink some beer, pass out..then back at Blue..not a bad day..lol

Too bad you have to get up early for Blue the next day... you'd be 9 minutes from our karaoke bar.

hey bcmark, you know how you guys have waivers for hiking in the summer? after you close, post some printable waivers on the website, and get very detailed into them. and make these waivers for hiking up the terrain park trails to ride or ski them. this way you wouldnt need to run a lift, and wouldnt have to pay park crew because the people hiking the park would maintain the features themselves.

or better yet, make it a season passholder only option. i think that would be really cool, hiking for your turns/tricks in pa, and the waiver waves you guys from being responsible for injuries. you could even require helmets....

Or you guys could push all the snow into the new hotel area but up against the old hotel. Then we could go off the roof of the old hotel into the new hotel! We could also make the new hotel a snow cave when we are done with it and then you wouldn't have to pay to build the new hotel! Of course, we would also sign a waiver. How does that sound Mark? Oh.........we need a few rails too.

Or you guys could push all the snow into the new hotel area but up against the old hotel. Then we could go off the roof of the old hotel into the new hotel! We could also make the new hotel a snow cave when we are done with it and then you wouldn't have to pay to build the new hotel! Of course, we would also sign a waiver. How does that sound Mark? Oh.........we need a few rails too.

I think collective addictioins idea is a great one, hopefully bear Reps. see it and consider it. "first Grade teacher" not funny at all.

This guys needs to get a life and stop coming in this forum and trashing bear.... I think we all get it by now you dont like bear, but this isnt about whether or not you like bear, its about discussing closing plans, so i know ive asked you this kindly before but if you have fucking stuipd ass retarded comments like the one above please go post them somewhere else where people might actually care... thanks

i hope bear at least stays open until next Tuesday or Wednesday. i wanted to get one more day of filming in this season, and it looks like boulder will be closed midweek, and other resorts are dropping like flies.

Edited by collective addiction

i def like the idea of the waiver thing. if they would push all the snow to just a couple trails and put rails on them or even some jumps that would be sick. i mean if bear really didnt want to pay for anything they could even close it down before dark so they wouldnt have to pay for lights! i mean when u think about it there is really no way they can loose money from this idea. no lift, no lights, no park crew=no money spent and season pass holders very very happy!