Downhill Bikes and trails

Freerider

To my knowledge they aren't developing any downhilling or freeriding at Bear Creek. I think it has a little to do with them not wanting half naked men who are covered in mud downing a few beers to Godsmack and G and R in their lot after a day ripping while a wedding is going on in the background.

To my knowledge they aren't developing any downhilling or freeriding at Bear Creek. I think it has a little to do with them not wanting half naked men who are covered in mud downing a few beers to Godsmack and G and R in their lot after a day ripping while a wedding is going on in the background.

umm they do have biking trails but u cant ride down the actual slopes. ive never been on the trails but i hope to give them a try sometime this summer. ive heard there are like beginer intermediate and expert. ive also heard that they are pretty good. if u didnt know u have to sign in at the trail head which is like the last parking lot on the right before the very bottom one. its not hard to find its like a sign thing with a little roof.

Is that what you dream of at night becasue thats def not what DHer's are.

umm they do have biking trails but u cant ride down the actual slopes. ive never been on the trails but i hope to give them a try sometime this summer. ive heard there are like beginer intermediate and expert. ive also heard that they are pretty good. if u didnt know u have to sign in at the trail head which is like the last parking lot on the right before the very bottom one. its not hard to find its like a sign thing with a little roof.

theyre amazing. so well kept.

however, i have yet to make it without falling hard haha..thats this years goal..its like riding at saint petes aka passion of the bike, but a billion times better. just farther away haha.

i love their trails..sooo good.

Is that what you dream of at night becasue thats def not what DHer's are.

You ever been to Platty or Mt. Creek on a race weekend? How about back in the day when Spring Mt. used to run races? I know not all downhillers are like this, but there is always someone in the lot pumpin' loud music that no one wants to hear, downin' a few beverages, and what not. During the busier parts of the summer when Mt. Creek's waterpark is open they have security patrolling the lots for this type of activity because they want to make sure the families that come to the waterpark are not disturbed by the bikers. I have seen people cited in Mt. Creek's parking lots by Vernon police for this type of behavior. So to answer your question, no that isn't what I dream, it is what I've seen. Don't try to argue that it is the people from Jersey and New York doing that, because I've been to Whistler and it happens there, and I have buddies in California who tell me it happens there too.

To answer your original question, I asked a Bear Creek representative earlier this season if they were thinking about running the lift for biking and developing any freeride/DH trails, and the answer was no. I don't know what all the reasons are, but some of it might have to do with the fact that they don't want to attract the people that might inevitably come along with the DH/FR crowd.

Right now they have some nice cross country loops, and run one or two races, but thats about it. People have said good things about their trails, which is a good thing, because maybe it will drum up some interest in other types of trails being developed. I'm not sure if there are restrictions on types of bikes you can ride there, but I know some mountains out west are instituting rules like: no bikes with over 5" of rear wheel travel, no tires over 2.3" wide, etc..., basically prohibiting freeride/DH bikes from the hill without explicitly saying so.

You ever been to Platty or Mt. Creek on a race weekend? How about back in the day when Spring Mt. used to run races? I know not all downhillers are like this, but there is always someone in the lot pumpin' loud music that no one wants to hear, downin' a few beverages, and what not. During the busier parts of the summer when Mt. Creek's waterpark is open they have security patrolling the lots for this type of activity because they want to make sure the families that come to the waterpark are not disturbed by the bikers. I have seen people cited in Mt. Creek's parking lots by Vernon police for this type of behavior. So to answer your question, no that isn't what I dream, it is what I've seen. Don't try to argue that it is the people from Jersey and New York doing that, because I've been to Whistler and it happens there, and I have buddies in California who tell me it happens there too.

To answer your original question, I asked a Bear Creek representative earlier this season if they were thinking about running the lift for biking and developing any freeride/DH trails, and the answer was no. I don't know what all the reasons are, but some of it might have to do with the fact that they don't want to attract the people that might inevitably come along with the DH/FR crowd.

Right now they have some nice cross country loops, and run one or two races, but thats about it. People have said good things about their trails, which is a good thing, because maybe it will drum up some interest in other types of trails being developed. I'm not sure if there are restrictions on types of bikes you can ride there, but I know some mountains out west are instituting rules like: no bikes with over 5" of rear wheel travel, no tires over 2.3" wide, etc..., basically prohibiting freeride/DH bikes from the hill without explicitly saying so.

in regards to the first point you said, everywhere i go that stuff only goes down on race weekends. for regular rides? not so much..but hey what do i know.

they run the MASS series finale in september, and apparently they hold a few other races as well. as far as i know, any bike is in the clear..i think its just no motor vehicles or something.

haha my bike with 8" of rear and 203mm of front and 3.0s def not allowed

best thing to do is drive the 20 minutes to shuttle lehigh. trails are starting to be reworked and most of the bigger shit is still in perfect condition from over the winter.

as of now bear is pretty much pointless. no flow, no jumps, can't really shuttle.

that would be sweet if they brought back lift access though. that place has mad potential.

shoot me a PM on here is you want me to show you around. we hide the entrances to the freeride stuff so cross country guys stay off em

if anybodys down to show me around BC or lehigh that would be awsome.

i just have a hardtail with 100mm in front so please pm me if your down.

I would suggest riding BC with a FS bike...I rode it last year on a soft tail (only one inch of rear travel) and it killed me. In my opinion there is no flow and the trails should not be considered cross country. But the 15 year old chick on this site tells me I'm wrong. :D

Edited by poconoceancity

I would suggest riding BC with a FS bike...I rode it last year on a soft tail (only one inch of rear travel) and it killed me. In my opinion there is no flow and the trails should not be considered cross country. But the 15 year old chick on this site tells me I'm wrong. :D

16 thank you very much!!!

haha

nah i love bc haha. so good, so hard.. good luck with riding that shit on a hardtail, thats all i gotta say..

Edited by k2fujative

First off Freerider, nice ride.

I just sold my Bighit w/66, and am either going to buy a nice Dslr camera or replace it with a banshee Chaparral.

Second, saying you can't ride something or somewhere on a hardtail is pussy talk. Not sure how long you folks have been riding but when I started mtbing a girvin flex stem was then envy of all my buddies.

I've owned FS bikes from 4" to 7.5" but still ride a hardtail as my main ride. Last season I rode rigid untill September and rode all the same places including the rockiest stuff you can find in jim thorpe.

I'm not saying this to brag, but it is so lame to say you can't ride a hardtail at this or that spot. Yeah I wasn't hitting the DJs or drops over a couple feet on the rigid bike but rocky trails it doesn't matter, the rider does.

That being said, I had to stop riding rigid for my main ride because my wrists were getting really aggrevated. There is still a spot in my stable for a rigid bike but for now my main ride is a Single speed hardtail with 130mm of sexy plushness in the front and 2.5" tires.

P1010014.JPG

Not even in the box and I already miss it.

P1010033.JPG

Edited by dwnhlldav

haha oh jeez im sorry i was trying to be funny, ive ridden with quite a few guys and gals on hardtails at super tech spots, including bc and st petes..not too sure if any of you have heard of it, but its gnarly. and those guys compltely own.and seriously i respect everyone who rides, sorry if it came out differently!