Online petition

Maybe I've been in the sun too long, but I think he sorta just agreed with me. Maybe just a little.

yes, i agree with you. From a business standpoint, staying open late does nothing for BB, hell, 90% of the colorado ski areas are closing on april 13th, which is probably boulder's last day as well. Think THEY are closing due to lack of snow? Think again...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and the other park is a joke for jumps.

Then ride the jibs. That trail wasn't designed as a park so there isn't much room for a decent sized landing, but theres tons of other fun jibs/rails on it.

Well, if hundreds of people continue to show up then BB will probably stay open until May Day. Those hundreds of people have to keep coming.

I cant decide what would be better: have them close the 13th but have an uncrowded park both weekends or have them go up until mayday with hundreds of people lapping the same lift.

yes, i agree with you. From a business standpoint, staying open late does nothing for BB, hell, 90% of the colorado ski areas are closing on april 13th, which is probably boulder's last day as well. Think THEY are closing due to lack of snow? Think again...

I think most of the CO resorts are closing because they are starting to loose most of their staff. A lot of the big resorts bring people in from all around the world to staff the resorts, and most of those people are itching to take their ipods and american denim home so they can floss.

I think most of the CO resorts are closing because they are starting to loose most of their staff. A lot of the big resorts bring people in from all around the world to staff the resorts, and most of those people are itching to take their ipods and american denim home so they can floss.

True dat. They rotate foreign help all the time. It's so bad, that Jhole has an instructor shortage because the foreigners didn't get their visas renewed. They were stuck assigning them to "ski guide" status without pay until they shipped out. I think the eastern european workers come in now, and the latinos head home.

Actually I think it has more to do with National forests forcing the resorts to close than economical strains.

Regardless, staying open late encourages season passes holders to buy into your mountain. Thats why A-Basin does it every year, and loses money on it every year. Thats why Blue did it for years. Thats why JF/BB offers their season passes for next year late in the years.

Actually I think it has more to do with National forests forcing the resorts to close than economical strains.

companies like vail and intrawest can easily get extensions on their use permits if they wanted to, they have in the past, for some reason, they just aren't doing it this year, and i would assume it is because business is starting to drop off.

WP has always shut down around the 15th. Steamboat as well. Don't know much about Copper or the Vail resorts.

We shut down because of Elk Migration. I really don't think the forest service would give us an extension unless the Elk were slow.

Big Boulder is a totally different dynamic than 99% of the other hills out there IMO. I visualize more and more summer parks with carpet and places like Xanandu in the future. To me, finding a way to stay open and have attendance pay for the cost is just a matter of marketing it.

If there was a full skatepark for example......

Big Boulder is a totally different dynamic than 99% of the other hills out there IMO. I visualize more and more summer parks with carpet and places like Xanandu in the future. To me, finding a way to stay open and have attendance pay for the cost is just a matter of marketing it.

If there was a full skatepark for example......

Yea I think of Big Boulder as the Bear Mountain/Boreal/Echo Mountain of our area, those are the one only correlations I can think of. (Although didn't someone open a small hill in New Hampshire in that vein?). I find it a little embarrasing that Camelback has been open days when Boulder has not, but it is what it is. I also am with TT C6, though I like Boulder Park (and the jumps now are not nearly as intimidating as they where mid season, they are a good size step down but not as monstrous as they were, its just slush out there go for it), NOT having Love park is dumb. There is a time for everyone when a 5-10 foot jump is intimidating, if I wanted to teach someone who has NEVER done jumps before, I would want Love open to play on, this is the time of year to learn and you have to start somewhere. Boulder needs to aim for a long season and high quality because they will never measure up to the other mountains on vertical. I'm not going to say that vertical doesn't matter, but if you want to make the fact that they have half the vertical of elsewhere OK with me, keep the long season and keep the quality good. They started strong, they had great quality all year, they are going long on the weekends, I'm slightly disappointed about the lack of midweek days, but I hope they continue to stay open on the weekends as long as they can. I probably finished up my season yesterday at Belleayre because sailing team is going to start practice this week, but the fact that I can now roll my winter sports season into my summer sports season without a break in between is amazing. I only had 3 weeks inbetween summer and winter last fall, Boulder will get my business next year.

And you know who else stepped up big this year? Camelback. I will be going there a hell of a lot more after this year, I think we can start to stuff all the Camelback SUCKS crap after this year. Their park may not measure up, but for free riding they are always good, and this year their managment took a lot of steps in the right direction. Blowing snow this time of year? Staying open a lot more days than Blue and Jack Frost? Free passes for season pass holders? Good work Camelback. I will be getting out there more often with my non-park friends next year.

Love park being closed is just plain STUPID and REALLY pisses me off. Love's jumps were between 15ft and 30ft (according to park crew) and were a good size for anyone..... especially someone like me who doesn't want to hit stuff as big as Boulder park.

The new "mini" park SUCKS compared to Love & Freedom.

Edited by TT C6

Love park being closed is just plain STUPID and REALLY pisses me off. Love's jumps were between 15ft and 30ft (according to park crew) and were a good size for anyone..... especially someone like me who doesn't want to hit stuff as big as Boulder park.

The new "mini" park SUCKS compared to Love & Freedom.

the first jump on boulder is tiny. sack up.

the first jump on boulder is tiny. sack up.

3 hour drive for 1 jump? 1 jump per run?

I don't think so.

Besides, I was told that BB's conditions sucked today & it's not worth hitting this weekend?

Can anyone else give a condition report?

Any changes or new features?

I don't think so.

Besides, I was told that BB's conditions sucked today & it's not worth hitting this weekend?

I'm sure the conditions sucked at any place that was open today, due to the rain. I was at CB early, took 4 runs and left to go to BB. The snow quality at BB was better, especially this time of the year when it gets warm. The 5 degree difference in temps made a big difference. Conditions should be better on Sunday.

Edited by bigdaddyk

I don't think so.

you live in philly. either you take the most random back ass roads, or you drive like an 85 year old grandmother. it doesn't take 3 hours to get to boulder from philly. even if it did, i'd still drive it to hit one good jump.

That's round-trip.:lol But, thanks for the pep talk. :)

If you took a ride with me you'd realize how funny your post was.:)

How long of a drive round trip for you? Are you going today?

How about a report this weekend from somebody?

Edited by TT C6

TT C6..go riding!!!!!...oh yeah and maybe some high school kid will need a ride..at least you can hope..lol

JEA!!!!!!!

A high school kid ("D") PM'd me for a ride last week and I had to turn them down because they were im the total opposite direction. So, I must not want want you have been "suggesting". Your suggestions sound like a case of "projection". Google it.

I'd LOVE to meet you though, Doug.You going to BB would change my decision to end my season. I'd even meet you at 476.

That's round-trip.:lol But, thanks for the pep talk. :)

If you took a ride with me you'd realize how funny your post was.:)

How long of a drive round trip for you? Are you going today?

How about a report this weekend from somebody?

i'm coming from philly as well. took about an hour and a half each way. i was there today. the jumps got a lot smaller than they were last weekend, and the landings are kind of flat, but still hitable. single barrel in the plaza was fun, long flat box up on top of bunny whatever was fun, so was the down box. i was lazy and didnt spin anything over 5 today.