How Late Will East Coast Skiing Go??

OutCold

So I come home from college on May 6, does anybody think that there will still be snow to ride on the east coast then with all of this spring snow? I think its possible, I know Killington has their closing date as May right now. Im just looking for some other opinions here...

skip killington and drive a little farther to Jay peak, they got like 40 inches earlier this week and they are the only ones who are still 100% open... it's amazing. There season total is 412 inches so far(There above season average 385 inches). Trust me, head where the snow is at. Check it out at www.jaypeakresort.com

hiking is very fun. the chic chocs do hold thier snow for long periods of time, i saw them in a meatheads film, i forget which one. but i have a feeling that yesterday at belleayre was my last day of the season.

east skiing will go until killington closes.

How was Bell?

incredible. ill post a trip report later with pictures. it was midwinter pretty much. all the off trail stuff was very much rideable. dropped my first decent size drop ever. the only bad thing were the mashed potatoes on the ungroomed lower trails

The Chic Chocs are 19 hours from Burlington Vermont...

From PASR-ville 10 hours might get you to Quebec City and than at least 5-6 more hours to the Chic Chocs..I want to go so badly

Your desire to go has forced my hand to some degree, last night my cousin and I decided we are going two weeks from now right after I quit my stupid job. I have no idea what we are going to find but I'll post a TR. As is the usual with our planning we still have only the basics figured out.

Awesome Lando..I noticed a typo...It's 10 hours to the Chic Chocs from Burlington VT, not 19...Do you have an Alpine touring set-up?

Yeah I'm pretty stoked about the whole trip, I have an AT setup from the time I spend in UT each year. Its Naxo 21s with Armada ANTs, it works well though I am not looking forward to all the touring in alpine boots. I would love to have AT boots but I don't have the money considering I am changing careers. By the way did you see the new Marker Dukes ? I am totally in love with them now, only good product marker has ever made.