Sno Improvements Survey

trackbiker

Which 3 Improvements Would You Most Like to See?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which 3 Improvements Would You Most Like to See?

• Better Lighting
    • New High Speed Lift
    • Cubby Holes In Lodge
    • Free Ski/Board Check
    • Keep the North Face Isolated from the rest of the mountain
    • More Rails in the Park
    • A Back Country Trail
    • Top-To-Bottom Black Diamond Trail
    • Park Passes
    • Moguls on an Easier Slope for Learning Bumps
    • High Speed Lift on the North Face
    • More Ski/Board Racks by the Lodge
    • Bigger Jumps with Booters and Steeper Landings
    • Bigger Half Pipe
    • $1.00 Lockers
    • Ski/Board Racks on the Outside of the Shuttle
    • Better Grooming
    • More Step-Down/Step-Ups in Park

Cubbie holes? sorry I'm confused...

They're little nooks where FGT and GSS can take the hoe's that they meet in the lounge.....

Why do you guys want to pick-up garden tools in the lounge anyway? :confused

But seriously, all the items on the survey were generated from suggestions on a previous thread. Cubby Holes are the sectioned off shelves for people who don't want to pay $3.00 for a locker to store their stuff in so it doesn't end up all over and under the tables, cluttering up the lodge.

Thanks for everyone's feedback. So far the #1 Improvement is a New High Speed Lift, closely followed by Better Lighting.

So far my sources (not Sno employees) tell me that there is no lift ordered for next year. With a minimum 9 month delivery time, I don't see a New High Speed Lift happening for next season. Don't shoot me. I'm just the messenger! A new HS Lift is my first choice. Any Sno insider's have any info?

My guess is that they are so busy on the water park that the new lift has fallen down the list of priorities.

To be honest, with the new snowmaking, if they just get some good lighting in for next season I'll be happy. That and get the Long Haul running at design speed. My son just got his driver's license, so I will be able to ski Sno more often. I'll take the trade-off of less crowds and better conditions for one more season over the High Speed Lift.

No new trails, or HSQ for next year. If they werent delayed with the sale, it wouldnt be a problem. They were supposed to set the concrete for the water park before the ski season, but since everything got held up, that have to the water park stuff now.

That's what I heard, too. The water park work that needed to be done prior to last ski season couldn't be started and everything got moved back. The snowmaking system made up for a lot, though, and I'll be happy with an early opening and a late closing next season...with a lift and new trails to follow.

I hope Washo finds a tumor.

That stinks about no high speed quad for next season..if they're going to charge 50 bucks a day..they should get a high speed lift.

They are, Doug...lucky for us, though, it won't detract from skiing by dumping thousands of people on the slopes like at Booter.

To switch gears a little bit from whats not going in, to what is.

Sno Cove is scheduled to open July 1 with water slides, a wave pool, a lazy river, a mini-pool and play area for small children, electric bumper boats at the ski area’s reservoir, miniature golf and other attractions, said Denis Carlson, president of Sno Mountain, a Philadelphia-based investment group that acquired the former Montage ski complex from Lackawanna County for $5.1 million in November.

This actually sounds half decent. The part that caught my eye was about "electric bumper boats at the ski area's reservoir". I'm assuming that they're not going to dig a new reservoir so I guess this will mean you'll be able to go down the north face in the summer. I think it would be pretty cool to see lightning bare, and I also always wanted to see some use of that reservoir, its actually a decently nice body of water.

Another addition this summer at the complex will be a ZipRider high-speed cable ride that will whisk people in harnesses from the top of the mountain to the parking lot at 65 mph, Mr. Carlson said. Work on the site also will include two new structures to house a retail area, offices, ski rentals, a ski school and a day care area.

They have officially gotten my business. Maybe the resurgence of the Alpine slide in the future? I mean, most places get rid of alpine slides due to insurance, but if your insurance can cover a 65 mph zip line, its probobly enough to get this favorite attraction back. Plus it would be the only one in the Poconos now.

Edited by Schifdawg

Holy shit, electric bumper boats down in the reservoir? A 500 ft vert ZipRider? Sounds like something Nick would come up with after his first adventure with purple microdot.

You know, they're just begging for someone to turn them onto grass skiing...

Nice find, Schif...thanks!

I repeat: we have the best owners on the f*cking planet...

Here, btw, is the reservoir:

When are they installing the 300 MPH zipline down white lightning? They could even have a splash landing in the bumper boats pond. I might have to visit if you can hike the headwalls to access the boats.

When are they installing the 300 MPH zipline down white lightning? They could even have a splash landing in the bumper boats pond. I might have to visit if you can hike the headwalls to access the boats.

I kinda doubt you wanna be hiking the north face in shorts and t shirt. There are a lot of rattlesnakes up the mountain.

Holy shit, electric bumper boats down in the reservoir? A 500 ft vert ZipRider? Sounds like something Nick would come up with after his first adventure with purple microdot.
If that was to me,I have no clue what you are talking about.Purple microdot?What?

I'm looking at it from a selfish way, I suppose. Montage came closer to being shut down than anyone realized. The previous commissioners had been creative with the books, hiding huge losses that went way back. Lackawanna residents had a 50% property tax increase and only a tiny percentage give a flying F about skiing and snowboarding---Montage was one vote away from being abandoned. There's no way taxpayers would have continued to subsidize a million dollar a year amenity they don't use.

Now, the owners are doing things never before considered. That's really cool. The more money they put into Sno, the harder it will be for the place to ever shut down. It's like an old mansion that had everything wrong with it---each board and every pipe that's replaced makes it more valuable as a home and harder to tear down.

I don't mind that Doug does a little trolling in Sno threads...I'd be jealous, too :tinfoil:

Wouldn't that just be a matter of switching out the light bulbs, for white lighting.

Whoever did the original lighting design didn't have a clue as to what they were doing. Those parking lot lights they have on the towers are fine for lighting a soccer field, but not a ski slope. Whistler is almost completely dark at night. The NF has the best lighting but even some of those trails have dark spots.

Without going into a lot of detail, the lighting needs to provide some definition to the surface to avoid flat light. The best way to light a slope is aim the light across the slope and down the hill. This provides some shadow effect on the slope for definition and avoids the lights shining in the skiers eyes.

Blue has the best lighting of any ski area I have skied at night. (No gloating GSS! :D ) The only problem is that their lighting is so targeted that if one light burns out that whole section of the slope is dark.

Wouldn't that just be a matter of switching out the light bulbs, for white lighting.

There's way too many dark spots for them to just switch out the bulbs. Plus they are supposed to be putting in automated ones, so someone doesn't have to ride around and turn on all the switches. I can do without the lift this year, but i want that place to be glowing like the house in "National lampoons christmas vacation"

I think the Terrain Park is definatly in need of new lighting, It sucks for night skiers like myself, getting shots at night with a shitty ish camera is quite hard...
Filming at night is wack anyways. I would only ever consider taking pictures at night if i had like 2 flashes.

I really think we should make an official list of what we think should be improved for next season and send it in by PASR.The owners are real cool and would consider everyone of the suggestions.

I really think we should make an official list of what we think should be improved for next season and send it in by PASR.The owners are real cool and would consider everyone of the suggestions.

That was my original thought for this thread. If everyone feels that an official PSAR representative should send them the letter or email, or better yet deliver it personally, that sounds great by me.

After a HS Lift, seems that the lighting is the most important issue for the members here.