Snowgel Review

Papasteeze

We used 1/2 a bag of the concentrate and mixed OVER 3 gallons of water into a cooler and mixed with a shovel handle - used blue cup to toss the gel onto the carpet - used snowboard scraper to smooth out (not really necessary)

54nii6g.jpg

I found this commercial grade carpet and immediately thought of the snowgel product. you can see how little gel we used. The fibers run down the in-run and the grooves help hold the gel in. Click on the picture for higher resolution. I have no idea of the cost of this carpet. I would think that any sculpted short pile carpet will work equally as well.

522t17o.jpg

This is Nips back yard setup. I took pics of him last night, they are stuck in the internal memory of this camera. Initially it was tooo fast so we scraped 1/2 of the gel off. You can see small film on the in-run - there might be a 1/2 gallon of material used.

For this set up, we give snowgel a double thumbs up! Not worried about covering it to keep it from drying out, since a little bit is going a long way. We are seriously considering building jumps next.

6gdtt3s.jpg

Interesting....how long does the gel stay usable for (on in the in run) ? Seems like a pretty cool product

we were really surprised and thought the crap was a gimmick. at $20 per container the literature says weeks but you have to cover it and keep it moist. I figure we might have used a $1 or $2 of the gel. We mixed it up last night and is still slick as of noon today.

Since we used so little I am not going to bother with covering the inrun and just try misting it and throwing a cup or two the next time. Probably next Tuesday night.

You can make Snowgel for free...just go to your local butcher or slaughterhouse and grab all the bloody bags out of the dumpster behind the building. Find all the skin, bone, cartilage, tendons, and teeth, then boil the crap out of it. Don't bother with any meat, just the connective tissues...you can speed the process by using alkalines...

Happy jibbing!

BTW, Rob, I'm not harshing on your thread...I just find gelatin based products pretty gross.

ooooooo scaaaaaarrrrryyyy!!!

Well, I didn't say eating the leftover product after boiling animal teeth, skin, cartilage and tendons was scary...just gross. And even if you put pretty red lipstick on a dog's ass, I'm still not going to kiss it either.

Hey, this thread is getting fun. Thanks, Splooshie!

whats the difference between the colers?

some colors absorb light more than others? hahahaha nothing!

papa', did the snowgel stuff do anything to mess up his skis' bases?

THis question absolutely cracks me up. I saw someone say they thought it was crappy because of the film it left on the ski.

WTF!!!!! you grind the bases on carpet, metal rails, pvc pipe, lexan plastic, grass, mud, rocks and stones and you are worried about a water soluable film left on the skis?

No, there is nothing to worry about as far as the residue is concerned.

splooshie did you ever post pics of your backyard rails?

actually no i didnt.....i have to get on that. kinda busy though, i have finals to study for and its pouring rain outside....so no pics today, sorry!

THis question absolutely cracks me up. I saw someone say they thought it was crappy because of the film it left on the ski.

WTF!!!!! you grind the bases on carpet, metal rails, pvc pipe, lexan plastic, grass, mud, rocks and stones and you are worried about a water soluable film left on the skis?

No, there is nothing to worry about as far as the residue is concerned.

haha yeah thats great!!

yeah i think im gonna try some, do you know where this place is shipping from?