Uh oh

Ski

I just got back from paying for our season passes. I didn't have time to wander around so the only change I could see was that they tore out the stairs and seemed to have opened a parking lot for front-end loaders and backhoes. BTW, the photo machine isn't running yet and they haven't decided whether to use file photos.

Doug: how many years to get Blue's one slope cut and open? Talk about slow, how about trying to find a clear line down one of Blue's diamonds on a sunny weekend afternoon :poke . Pfffft...Sno has more acreage than Blue and 1/50th the crowd. You can keep your city-life skiing and we'll just plod along at our our backwoods, hillbilly pace. Mmmmm, do I hear a female goat?

Edited by ski

I got my pass today as well. Small pipe will be were snow tubing used to be. And the two big terrain parks will be interconnected on Spike and SWITCH. The 22ft pipe will be on SWITCH as well. Also, their was a reason they had commercials during the x games last year, Maybe in the future.

Edited by Sno Mountain Skier

If it's a weekend afternoon..I'm not at Blue anymore because I got 25k of vert in by 11:30AM..lol with full top to bottom runs..lol..not everybody sleeps until noon.. :blink::blink::blink::blink: You can have your 400 verts of blacks..I'll take 800-900 verts of semi-steep terrain and high speed lifts and all dem cityslickers..lol..I've seen the light and the light is Blue..Now if Sno can get open before January this season I'll give them props..lol

Ha, 650 vert becomes 500, and now 400. Are you sure the Sno NF isn't 200? But it's cool that you don't mind hiding from the crowds and get a chance to sneak in early morning runs. Maybe your right that a great day of skiing is something to be hurried through so you can squeeze in lots of runs before that nasty warm sunshine hits the snow. My grampy used to get up at 5am and get in a full day by 10am, too. You and my grampy have some things in common.

And January? Oh, they didn't get open because of a lawsuit last year. Do you think Washo will be suing them again? Wow, I thought that was all in the past.

On the bright side, Doug, if you ever take a trip to ski in South Korea, it won't seem all that crowded to you. :)

I would have been surprised to see 7 new trails this season. Even if they get them cut, we know from the Montage days that that wouldn't mean anything unless they get snowmaking on them as well.

They don't mention anything about new lighting on the website. According to the Sno Improvements Poll, that is what most customer's would like to see, after a HS Lift of course. With the lack of crowds, and no new lift this year, I would think that new lighting would be the best way to improve the skiing/riding experience this season.

I sent them an email with a link to the poll and a summary of the results. Never got a response.

Edited by trackbiker