NEED HELP ON SKIES

njskierbrig

My Thoughts...

All The Lines Skied Like Crap... I don't reccomend them to anyone.

The Silencer is not last years PE. It's the mold of the original Enemy. The PE is unchanged for this season. The Silencer is a great bang for the buck and looks super sweet with a pair of white Salomon z-10's or z-12's on it. The PE is a better all mountain ski and only a touch more on the price. Still not a ski I would whole heartdly reccomend, but it is an option.

Keep us in the know! I know I'd love to hear about what you get!

P.S. Don't buy online! Support your local shop! They need it!

I don't see how you can say that all the Line skis ski like crap. There is so much variation in the lineup and I doubt you've been on everything from Elizabeths to Invaders to Prophet 100s. My buddy is on Prophet 100s now after skiing on some Volkls for a buncha years, and hes a little lighter weight guy and is having so much more fun on the Prophet 100s because he can actually use the ski. There are sooo many niche skis that companies like Line and K2 are doing now, that to say that all the skis they make ski like crap just makes you look like an uneducated idiot. For instance, rumor has it that the 08/09 Fujative is going to be rockered. Of course this ski would ski like shit for someone comparing it to a public enemy or Volkl Bridge.

Next, the only people I recommend Salomon bindings to are women or groms. I've seen more of these break over the years than any other binding by a long shot, including the newest models. Yeah they're lightweight, but if you're gonna get into park at all get some gear that is gonna last you unless you have a budget to keep replacing things.

Opinions like these are what keeps many people away from shops. Shit, if I was gonna go to a store and wanted something and knew that someone was gonna tell me it sucks I'd buy online too.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Thoughts...

All The Lines Skied Like Crap... I don't reccomend them to anyone.

The Silencer is not last years PE. It's the mold of the original Enemy. The PE is unchanged for this season. The Silencer is a great bang for the buck and looks super sweet with a pair of white Salomon z-10's or z-12's on it. The PE is a better all mountain ski and only a touch more on the price. Still not a ski I would whole heartdly reccomend, but it is an option.

actually, the PE did change for this season. k2 is using a urethane sidewall under foot, which makes the ski more damp, and it also helps absorb rail impact better than an abs sidewall. like trevor said, salomon bindings work well for lighter weight guys or people who arent tough on their gear. they ski great and release very accurately, but i havent had great luck with durability. i agree that the PE is a better all mountain ski for sure, mostly due to it's width, but for 299, the silencer is not bad at all. i'd definitely recommend either of them as a solid all mountain twin that can take a huge beating. as far as all lines skiing like crap.... i've skied a lot of their different skis throughout the years and their stuff has come a long way. the new chronics ski infinitely better than the outgoing model, the invaders are tons of fun in the park, the chronic blends were a sick all mountain ski, and the elizabeth/bacon/ep pro look like they'd be awesome if i had a reason to own a ski that wide as well.

But out of the two skis which one would be the best choice thE PE or silencer and what are the differences between the two?

it really depends what you're looking for. they are both moderately stiff, even flexing all mountain twins. they PE is a little bit wider, a little but more torsionally stiff, and a little bit better in softer snow because of its width. the silencer is a little quicker edge to edge because of its narrower waist, and i find that also makes it more nimble for rails, but the extra width of the PE is nice for stability on jumps. also, the PE is about $150 more than the silencer. both have full wood cores, fast durable bases with thick edges, and tip and tail rivets to keep the skis from delamming. since you're looking for an all mountain twin, you can't really go wrong with either one, as they're both fun skis. the PE definitely skis like a more expensive ski than the silencer though.

They're called skiboards.... snowblades is a salomon trademark

(I'm gonna get owned for that one)

Skiboards are fun, they just aren't very usefull for some terrain.

I found them to be more of a toy than a tool.

Toys can be fun though, just ask my wife..

(j/k Babe if you read this, please don't take away my skiing priveledges... Please!!, yeah so what she wears the pants... I'm not gonna lie about it)

They're called skiboards.... snowblades is a salomon trademark

(I'm gonna get owned for that one)

Skiboards are fun, they just aren't very usefull for some terrain.

I found them to be more of a toy than a tool.

Toys can be fun though, just ask my wife..

(j/k Babe if you read this, please don't take away my skiing priveledges... Please!!, yeah so what she wears the pants... I'm not gonna lie about it)

oh i'm not going to own you or bash you. i just can't believe that you spoke in defense on behalf of the snowblades/skiboards/clownboards. haha

What can I say....lol I had fun on them for a year or so....

Way too unstable and absolutely worthless when there's any kind of steep pitch or snow depth.

Somewhere like camelback though they can be a lot of fun...

I still play the games at chuck e cheese when I take my kids there. too...lol

oh boy... I guess I deserve that then....lol

We learn from our past I guess, I don't hate on skiboarders, or snowboarders, or skiers, or telemarkers, or anyone who goes out there to have fun sliding down the hill.

I moved on from those things, and they are fun to mess around on... one of these days I'll probably try snowboarding again, trying out new equipment is fun and different.

I have nothing against the Line skis, I just didn't think they skied well. I have skied all of them and in a plethora of sizes. I spent two days in Stratton skiing on nothing but Line's. The skis one likes is a personal preference. Lots of people love the way Line skis ski. I particularly don't. I spend 40-60 hours per week talking and learning about skis, skiing on skis, and selling skis. I'm sorry if I sound like an uneducated idiot, but I am sure there are very few people on PASR that have skied on as many skis as I have. It's my job to know how a ski performs and to have skied it and to be able to give someone a good review of it.

The Prophet 100 is probably the best out of them all, but it is probably too wide for PA. Again my opinion and I'm sorry if it offends anyone.

As far as Salomon bindings being for little girls. I weight 210 and charge all day long and have never had a Salomon binding break. I have been a competition level mogul skier and always had Salomon bindings and have never had one break, nor have I ever seen one come back to the store for warranty.

Ahh forget it, I'm going to Vermont! See you on Monday!

That's why so many companies make these things... so we can all choose WTF we want and what we like to ski on...

America is great... gotta love being able to Choose...

As far as size... at 5' 125# I'd say probably in the 150-160cm range, but see what others more experianced would say there...

It's my job to know how a ski performs and to have skied it and to be able to give someone a good review of it.

Ski4Food is legit. no worries. btw.. salomon bindings in the park have a reputation for not being durable. This is well substantiated. Salomon knows this, thier new binding looks better. :unsure: Will know a lot more about them mid season. Nips is as hard or harder on equipment than most except he weighed under 100lbs in previous years. remember he spends 75% of his time in the park.