Opening of the Parks

burtonkid

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bear has plenty of flat boxes, they don't need two more. Again...have you even hit the step down box yet?

yeah, bear does have too many boxes, so why did they build the step down?? No box should ever be set up as a step down in the first place...it should be set up as a step up or they should sell it to spring...and boxes like that are only fun if they're wide enough...bear should have built boxes with different widths instead of building the same exact boxes as they do every year, except for the 4 by 20 and the picnic table..

yeah, bear does have too many boxes, so why did they build the step down?? No box should ever be set up as a step down in the first place...it should be set up as a step up or they should sell it to spring...and boxes like that are only fun if they're wide enough...bear should have built boxes with different widths instead of building the same exact boxes as they do every year, except for the 4 by 20 and the picnic table..

Why wouldn't they build the step down or step up if you turn it around? They had a step down setup last year and had to use two boxes for it and it was awesome. So why not make it 1 box and use the other 2 for something else. Its a sick feature the way it is setup now. And it is plenty wide to be a step up.

Yea, I dont really see any problem with the step box at all. I keep reading things like "No box should ever be set up as a step down in the first place..." and "Boxes like that are only fun if they're wide enough." from pretzelpimp. You're stating complete opinion as if you're some sort of talking rulebook on park setups. I think everyone would be glad to hear any other suggestions you have, but try to be a little more positive.

Right now the step box is my favorite feature in Bear's park. I have seen a ton of skiers and snowboarders landing tricks on it and very few people have said they dont like it.

Yea, I dont really see any problem with the step box at all. I keep reading things like "No box should ever be set up as a step down in the first place..." and "Boxes like that are only fun if they're wide enough." from pretzelpimp. You're stating complete opinion as if you're some sort of talking rulebook on park setups. I think everyone would be glad to hear any other suggestions you have, but try to be a little more positive.

Right now the step box is my favorite feature in Bear's park. I have seen a ton of skiers and snowboarders landing tricks on it and very few people have said they dont like it.

Word. The first day it was set up it wasn't very good because it was kicked to the right and 90% of the time you couldn't slide the whole thing. Since then it has been a lot better and right now is the best feature they have.

just some thoughts - bear keeps coming up with these rails and boxes that may look cool when you draw it in your trapper keeper, but they arent going to be fun to hit over and over(step down, the U box, concrete ledge, etc.)....rails and boxes that are trickable are the most fun, which means rails that are simple and not too long...i ride with skiers too and the ones ive talked to arent feeling the step down/up box..clean tricks just dont look that good on it....all the rails are basically set up the exact same right now and it's annoying when kids keep saying it's the beginning of the year...look around at some of the other resorts...a couple ideas for the park would be to first vary up the ways in which the rails are set up....have the red rail at the bottom set up urban and on a down slant.. have an up box with a landing, urban down box, connect 2 boxes to make a mellow A frame rail, not too steep... set up some stalls or bonks(use whatever-tubes, barrells, wood, tires)...the mailbox to cliff drop was pretty dope, try that again...someone mentioned bmx style jumps with a lot of pop, that's a good idea...and set the staircase up more urban(actually push the snow up to the sides of the rails, so theyre sticking out of the lip)..i believe that set ups like this will greatly improve this mountain...

just some thoughts - bear keeps coming up with these rails and boxes that may look cool when you draw it in your trapper keeper, but they arent going to be fun to hit over and over(step down, the U box, concrete ledge, etc.)....rails and boxes that are trickable are the most fun, which means rails that are simple and not too long...i ride with skiers too and the ones ive talked to arent feeling the step down/up box..clean tricks just dont look that good on it....all the rails are basically set up the exact same right now and it's annoying when kids keep saying it's the beginning of the year...look around at some of the other resorts...a couple ideas for the park would be to first vary up the ways in which the rails are set up....have the red rail at the bottom set up urban and on a down slant.. have an up box with a landing, urban down box, connect 2 boxes to make a mellow A frame rail, not too steep... set up some stalls or bonks(use whatever-tubes, barrells, wood, tires)...the mailbox to cliff drop was pretty dope, try that again...someone mentioned bmx style jumps with a lot of pop, that's a good idea...and set the staircase up more urban(actually push the snow up to the sides of the rails, so theyre sticking out of the lip)..i believe that set ups like this will greatly improve this mountain...

how are the step down and marble ledge not trickable? they are like the complete opposite of not trickable.

i like the step down, its a way to get more tech tricks in. marble ledge wish it was a tad bit longer, its a quick hit. They have not had any snow to be able to move these features yet. Other places might have sicker setups right now but until tonight its like a week of no snow and warm temps.

Bear has plenty of flat boxes, they don't need two more. Again...have you even hit the step down box yet?

Yeah its shit, you sound as if you think i blow. Yeahhhh umm about that.

Oh yeah actually at mammoth and bear they both have step up boxes and theyre alot better than stepdown ones.

Id rather see the stupid j/circus rail out then the piece step down.

everyone is talking about the lack of snow... but to make an urban box you need less snow than the current ones, the jumps onto it arent as big. there really isnt any excuse for that. for some reason i just think bear is afraid to set up urban shit...i mean they never have in the past. the only thing i can really think of is the stair case. im not trying to bash bear in any way, im just making a point that there at least doesnt seem to be a real reason as to why there is no urban stuff. and like someone else said before, you could set up one of the boxs as an up box or anything. every single box dosnt have to be flat on opening day.

they put all that stuff in cascade so quit complaining when they get cascade set up there will probly be more urban features

acording to the weather they should be able to start blowing early and might make it all day tomorow

a parkcrewer told me all they need is more snow so cross ur fingers and hope the weather changes in our favor

im not pissed off at them at all i just just thought that they could have done a little more with the park than they did. i mean ok they have three flat boxes and one flat concrete thing which is basicly another flat box. they could have set up one flat box, one urban set up, and one up slant or something else. none of those things that i just listed take alot of snow. i was just expecting a little more creative wise from them then what they did.

one word for you *JFBB*

they redid the parks and they look ill after looking at them i don't think bear has any chance of catching them

haha i said that before they even opened and people on here chewed my ass out. It sounds dumb but BC park crew, if they havent already, should go take a trip to boulder and see how stuff is done...b/c they get shit DONE up there.

as said before the past week hasnt been the greatest and we all kno how AWESOME bears park can get when they work hard at it and there is alot of snow so we should just wait. and even if boulders park is better, which i dont think it is but, i have always had alot more fun at bear because it has a better atmosphere to it than boulder.

Edited by MISSDEMEANOR

Yeah maybe bear could have a park like boulder if they had as much snow. And alot of the rails boulder has were bought from mtn creek, hahaha. But really the only reason bigboulder is better than Bear is because BB is owned by a mumbo jumbo corp. that funds them so bb can get all there shit.