• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The step down box would be pretty cool if it was like

............................__ ---

...................__ ---........|

..........__ ---.................|--- __

__ ---.....................................--- __

......................................................--- __

All in favor of cutting the stepdown box in half and having to boxes say "I". hahaha

Yeah like the person ahead of me said, build the urban rails into the lips. The concrete ledge shouldnt be ride on and the flat red rail at the end should be closer to the lip and also set up higher then the lip.

Has anyone noticed the huge increase of newbies on the site?

Can we get a freaking up rail and a down rail in the mix please?

All in favor of cutting the stepdown box in half and having to boxes say "I". hahaha

Yeah like the person ahead of me said, build the urban rails into the lips. The concrete ledge shouldnt be ride on and the flat red rail at the end should be closer to the lip and also set up higher then the lip.

Has anyone noticed the huge increase of newbies on the site?

Can we get a freaking up rail and a down rail in the mix please?

wait i thought you got on park crew this year??

i like the new ledge i just think that it shouldnt be ride on, thats all, otherwise i think that it slides nice! i give you guys mad props for the park set up right now, with the snow that you have and for opening weekend it was a pretty damn good park. cant wait till we really get the park scene going!

not at all, evey rail is set up with a 2 foot cheese wedge onto a rail that is flat(except for the down box and single barrel rail, which should not have gaps onto them)....bear has to stop living in '99 and start setting things up urban(with the rail built into the lip).
A wedge is how rails should be setup. It gives you the option of coming in from different angles for lipslides and what not. Again it was opening weekend, they need to setup things to please the most amount of people.

Also, i cant decide if the 4 foot long concrete ledge or the 100 foot long step down box gets the worst feature of the year...the concrete ledge should be set up on a downward slant, not flat, too...just some suggestions
The ledge is going to be a sick feature. The way it was set up this weekend was good so people could get a feel for it. I agree it should be setup on a slight downward slat and with a gap on in the future.

The step down was not setup straight, with a small adjustment it will be awesome.

Dont forget guys, the step down could at some point in time become a step up. There are also plenty of features that havent made an appearence yet. If you guys are looking to give feedback and advice you should brainstorm ideas for the future as opposed to criticizing the early season/limited setup that you see now.

the step down is better then everyone is letting on, the only problem is that it isnt completely level. but its perfect for tech tricks if you can compensate. i can't wait until it becomes a step up. the single rail handrail at the top should be set up with some side entry action, and i think that the longer down box at the top should be replaced with the shorter one or another feature so the long box could be put to better use. also, im hoping to see some high tables this year like the ones sno mnt had last season (25-30some ft gaps at around 15 feet high). these tabletops were perfect becuase the lips would get you huge but were gradual enough as to not be kicky...and i know they require a lot of snow but if tables like these are in the least bit possible, bear should look into them.

A wedge is how rails should be setup. It gives you the option of coming in from different angles for lipslides and what not. Again it was opening weekend, they need to setup things to please the most amount of people.

The ledge is going to be a sick feature. The way it was set up this weekend was good so people could get a feel for it. I agree it should be setup on a slight downward slat and with a gap on in the future.

yeah, but like i said before the rails should be pushed into the lip. by pushing the rail up into the lip a better variation of tricks can be thrown...right now the wedges are gaps on and lipslides dont look good...bear has been doing this for too long...they need to learn

Dont forget guys, the step down could at some point in time become a step up. There are also plenty of features that havent made an appearence yet. If you guys are looking to give feedback and advice you should brainstorm ideas for the future as opposed to criticizing the early season/limited setup that you see now.

some of us have thought of this and the rail is too skinny and long for that to be fun..and the step up looks higher than usual set ups that are like that...it wouldnt be fun for most kids....maybe if the box was a foot wider that would work, but since it's not that wide and is really long, that option wont be fun...brainstorm before you try to make points...

actually i just saw the bear edit and the drop down box doesnt look like it has too big of a drop, but i still think the box should of been built a little wider and shorter...anything is better than a straight to drop to straight box....bear shouldnt of even set it up like this in the first place...i guess setting it up as a step up would their best bet, but cutting it in half would be better

actually i just saw the bear edit and the drop down box doesnt look like it has too big of a drop, but i still think the box should of been built a little wider and shorter...anything is better than a straight to drop to straight box....bear shouldnt of even set it up like this in the first place...i guess setting it up as a step up would their best bet, but cutting it in half would be better
Have you even ridden it yet?

i agree taht the step down needs to be a bit wider and a little shorter, but i cant bust on bear for trying to progress its rails because it is a great idea. I think bear needs to have a flow box thats like 2 or 3 feet wide like boulder always has out, they're real nice to try new stuff on

i agree taht the step down needs to be a bit wider and a little shorter, but i cant bust on bear for trying to progress its rails because it is a great idea. I think bear needs to have a flow box thats like 2 or 3 feet wide like boulder always has out, they're real nice to try new stuff on

yeah, they got a dope box that is about 4 ft by 10-15ft...they never seem to bring it out early in the season...they should...every box is the same width right now

They have their 420 box.