WTFX wrong with my skis!

Mike Piccoletti

Mind you, I never touched a jump, a rail, or anything, i'm scared to know whats going to happen when I DO?! (i was good with them too! these gouges are down to the next layer (after paint))

img0159uu3.jpg

The Shiny thing is my edges, the white toward the bottom is where its peeling

img0158sf7.jpg

White=Peeling

Sorry for such shitty pictures, Idk why their coming out like that, but I think you get the point... white=BAD!

Edited by Mike Piccoletti

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BEST THREAD EVER!!!!!

Is that picture a Picasso???

Seriously though, coverage was a little thin at Boulder on Sunday when you were up. Did you feel your ski snag on anything? I can't tell what the hell that picture is of, but it sounds like you got a core shot if its in the base of the ski, or you just took a nice chunk out of the topsheet or sidewall with your edge if it is the top of the ski. Probably not anything to worry about, but try to stand a little further back from the point you are focusing on, hold the shutter button halfway down on your camera so as to focus the shot, and maybe we can get to the bottom of this...

Update:

Upon closer inspection, it does look like you just caught a rock or branch and gave your ski a "coreshot." Usually you want to have this repaired by a shop because you do not want water to get into the core of your ski. Using something called "ptex", they will fill in the gouge in your ski and you'll be good to go. You don't want to ski on these skis and then leave them outside in freezing temps though.

Edited by T*Maki

Mind you, I never touched a jump, a rail, or anything, i'm scared to know whats going to happen when I DO?! (i was good with them too! these gouges are down to the next layer (after paint))

img0159uu3.jpg

The Shiny thing is my edges, the white toward the bottom is where its peeling

img0158sf7.jpg

Ok! Heres some narration! The ski is upside down... And That black thing, is the binding... That WHITE part, Next to the black, Is where its peeling off... I seriously cant take a better picture, the cameras are retarted...

Sorry for such shitty pictures, Idk why their coming out like that, but I think you get the point... white=BAD!

Theirs like, Little Scrapes, and theyre starting to peel!!!!!!! (THICK AND DEEP!)

Theres the re-post, hopefully someone will see this... lmfao

Yeah its definitely in the base of your ski because the Invaders have the hot pink base. Just take it to your local shop and have it done right. They'll also be able to tell you if its anything more than just a coreshot.

Actually looks like a de-lam. Not a core shot.

theres something called a macro setting.. use it.

And if its de-lam. I dont even ski and I know line's are notorious for that. Send them back in and get em warrentied.

Yeah, Thanks allot ass, The damn thing one re-edit... lol

:confused

Yeah... Go figure, i'm a long shot kinda kid aint I?

Look, we aren't repair shop guys. Some of us know a thing or two about fixing our own gear. We'd like to help, if you can give us some useful info. Working from pictures is the only way to go, but if you can't provide good pictures we can't help. Reposting the same bad picture doesn't help, even if there is a narration. We can't see if there is a crack, an edge separating, a core shot, delam, etc etc etc.

A shop can tell you what the real problem is AND fix it for you. Take it to the shop you bought it from. If it's a manufacturing defect, they will fix it.

Haha, Well Wouldent it be apoxi? And NOH! It really shouldent happen THAT EARLY! FIRST DAY SKIING!

Depends where you're skiing! I have a few pretty good shots out of my Walls from venturing a little to far into the trees at Okemo, but working in a shop gives me one of the perks of free tuning.

Yeah don't ever epoxy the base of the ski that's just bad news. You might need a base weld, but its nothing a seasoned shop guy can't fix!

Be happy you have those extra thick edges from Line it could have been worse!