I skied at Big Boulder December the 1st

snorovr

Got the wake-up call from Justo at approx. 7:50am. Hit the turnpike after a shower, banana, and glass of OJ. Traffic was light and was able to make decent time from Abington to the Valley. Stopped at Wawa on Schoenersville and scored a hoagie, chips, and sausage egg and cheese. Got to Boulder around 11am.

First day on the new Line Invaders. I'm soooooooo used to my Troublemakers cuz I've been on them for like two years, so these new boards are gonna take some getting used to. They have a lot of potential, but with grippy edges and hard snow I didn't feel like gettin' too zesty. The edges are gonna get some severe lovin' with the file tomorrow. That being said, they ski surprisingly well for how floppy they are. I was able to lay over some really nice turns on Big Boulder which we lapped a few times.

Story of the day was COLD. It was f*ckin' cold. Being used to the past few weeks of relatively balmy temps and soft snow at Boulder's Freedom Park, today was a big wakeup call to what Pennsylvania is all about. Welcome home for real... We filmed for a little bit but all the footage sucks because I was freezing and wearing huge gloves that kept pressing random buttons. Whatever...

All in all a real fun day though. Skiing with KT and Justo is the same old, but today we got to ride with Nick and a kid named Brian from Sno. Nick was about to kill some switch lip 270's onto the downbox, but it was late in the day and he wasn't able to stick em. Huge props for goin' for it nonetheless and they're gonna look ill when he gets em dialed. Good clean fun.

Blue Mountain Friday...

lol those would make me feel so uncomfortable, but they will work!

they're really not that bad. i had em on today, you probably couldnt even tell. you still get beat up on the bad falls, but little stuff like sliding out on a rail and whatnot isnt nearly as bad with them on.

Scratch what I said.

Pre-season stoke has gotten to me. I'll bite bullet and get the $20 pass deal tomorrow, 3pm-close.

I hate you, why didn't you come Saturday? What were you in the illadelphia all day?

Your tEh faGZ.

Crash pads...ehh I would rather not wear them and get hurt in the small spots.

Story of the day was COLD. It was f*ckin' cold. Being used to the past few weeks of relatively balmy temps and soft snow at Boulder's Freedom Park, today was a big wakeup call to what Pennsylvania is all about. Welcome home for real... We filmed for a little bit but all the footage sucks because I was freezing and wearing huge gloves that kept pressing random buttons. Whatever...

Got that right. We tried filming for a bit but between us freezing and it being icy and snow blowing in our faces we got fed up with that real quick.

I hit up BB last night... 18 friggin degrees is what the dashboard said and I wasn't dressed for it. My buttcheeks are still frozen from the lift seats.

I spent 99% of my time doing laps on boulder park I guess... whatever the trail is called that's all the way to skiers right that was open. Between that one and love park trail.

Got in like 35 runs and bolted out, sno guns a blazin on every trail and great conditions for early december. Once again mad propz to BB for gettin us all on the mountain early this season.

bb was SO much fun yesterday..so fun, yet so cold..soo facking cold

skied with black-bandanna (the kid buttering like no other on PE's haha) and a few of his buddies all day. suuch a good time..despite the freezingness

yeep.

looove the new fujis too.

Edited by k2fujative

Where was Special Blend at Saturday? Didnt see them at all, I thought they would have a tent set up or something.

They had a tent set up at the bottom of Freedom. They were giving out dvd's of First Chair, Last Call, bottle openers, stickers, and these sweet little engraved special blend flasks.

They had a tent set up at the bottom of Freedom. They were giving out dvd's of First Chair, Last Call, bottle openers, stickers, and these sweet little engraved special blend flasks.

What time? I was at boulder from 9- 2:30 so I might have missed them. I checked freedom then and nothing was there.

I was there as well. Actually I got First Chair! Thats right Special Blend gear head to toe. The tent was right next to the lift at the bottom of freedom park. If you didn't see it you must be blind. l_5314eba6461bde8ac96de70cf516d8ef.jpgMy buddy got hungry after waiting all morning.l_76c2f4350890592a41839b76797c6dae.jpg

I was there as well. Actually I got First Chair! Thats right Special Blend gear head to toe. The tent was right next to the lift at the bottom of freedom park. If you didn't see it you must be blind. l_5314eba6461bde8ac96de70cf516d8ef.jpgMy buddy got hungry after waiting all morning.l_76c2f4350890592a41839b76797c6dae.jpg

Sick...and I didnt see a tent near the lift. Maybe they set it up in the afternoon. How early did you get up to get first chair?

Edited by tricgnu

Sick...and I didnt see a tent near the lift. Maybe they set it up in the afternoon. How early did you get up to get first chair?

I think they took the tent down around 11. We got up at like 3 am, made it to BB at like 4am after stopping for breakfast, stood outside in the cold till the ticket booth opened.

A whole Special Blend outfit costs well over $300, I'd say thats worth it.

I ordered a $400 jacket, $300 pants, and probably another $500 worth of outerwear. I'd say it was worth it.

Oh, I'll also be in Snowboard magazine.

Edited by STIBALLIN

Mad props for the 4am wait. That must of been husky, and cold, you definitely deserve that shit. So they gave out two First Chair dealys? I thought they only gave one.

They give four people full head to toe gear. One of the guys that showed up at 10pm the night before lost. Not as much of a crowd as I would have thought tho. I heard security was kicking people out that came before 4.