December 2nd Report

Justin

Just got home, skied BB from 3:15-7:30.

Woke up at 12:30, ate breakfast, and left at 1:15. Caught no traffic all the way up on the turnpike. It was raining like a BITCH all the way up, made me have second thoughts. As I drove on 903, the rain started to turn into snow/frozen rain. Rolled up to BB at about 3:10, booted up, walked around for 5 minutes trying to find the ticket window (first time in 3 years :rolleyes:). Now, onto the skiing. Took a bunch of laps through LOVE park, then moved over to Boulder Park and lapped that. Hiked the plaza for a bit, fucked around on the tire for a good hour. Stopped for a break at the lounge for something to drink and to warm my feet. Went back and hiked the plaza again, then took a few more runs throughout the mountain before leaving.

Snow was in surprisingly amazing condition. Even after it got dark there were very few ice spots. Snow was some real decent hardpack with a few fluffy spots. Excellent coverage everywhere, I forgot it was December. It was COLD today though. On and off snowing. BB was blowing on almost every trail the whole time.

Bottomline, had a great time. BB is doing an awesome job this year with their snowmaking. Didn't get a chance to check out Freedom Park because I completely forgot it was there, and it turns out thats where all the good hits are. I had no clue where trails and shit were because I haven't been there in 3 years. I'll be back up Tuesday after school to ski so I'll check it out then.

Edited by Justin

I was hoping to get there at 8am, but was tired as hell and went back to bed. I got up at 5pm and went from 7-8. I thought everything was still in good condition. I did a few laps on Boulder, then spent the rest of the night laping Bunny's Schuss. The only thing I hated was my goggles froze up and I couldn't use them. I can't stand cold air and the snow they were making blowing in my face / eyes.

Thats cool man its mad easy to get lost at Boulder.
Freedom is out of the way. Unless if the whole mountain is open, it's a pain to get to, since nothing really connects to it.

i was there from 8.30 - 11.30 this morning. soo cold..had to whip out the neon yellow hoodie after like two runs

i wish i was there this morning... i haven't skied in like 3 weeks now. going to boulder a few weeks back was just a tease and i'm ready for the season to begin this friday.

Definately givin props to boulder for being the first and only mtn open for a month almost now. They had almost every trail open yestarday so it was prolly the best $20 i've spent there sofar. I also didnt get to go to freedom park as I was trying to hang with some non-park friends. But i did get to hit up LOVE park a few times and the smallish jumps were a nice refresher to get back into the swing of things. The rails were setup nice as well with great booters to get on and perfect landings compared to some of the shit freedom had early on haha. Does anyone know what material the last rail on LOVE park was made of? It was mad sticky and I almost came to a stop with a decent run in on it haha.

Edited by mobile chernobyl