Bear Creek's Conditions/Setup

RideBRTN09

how are you gonna get creative without the speed to hit anything? i definetly see big problems there. if you wanna hit the bigger jumps you are gonna have to either skip the up rail/ box or haul ass and land flat on them to keep speed.

thats mad beat. maybe ill watch some of the comp. tomorrow just to see how it turns out.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesnt look good. By the way isn't that supposed to be an intermediate park. I hope they change it back so every jump you hit doesnt have to be big. The only jump that is fun to dick around on is the one on timberline on the boardercross course. That wasnt very good as well. Too bumpy, short, and not enough features. Tonight they had to stop skiing early because of lightning. Why the hell should there be lightning in february? Messed up shit...

how is the new setup?? i have been sick and havn't been able to go check it out

I have a bad feeling about the slopestyle tomorrow. I'm assuming its on the newly redone blackbear. Blackbear's new setup alone isnt very fun, let alone good enough for a decent competition. The rail selection and placement is terrible. It starts off with that first jump, which has soooo much pop. Then the up rail and up box. First of all there is no variety there. It should be setup more like an up box and an urban down rail. Secondly, there is no way to get enough speed for the next jump, especially if your hitting the big side. Personally, i thought the construction of the next jump sucked anyway. When i hit it i found it hard to find that perfect speed for the big side, you either came too slow and knuckld, or came in a little too hot and landed backseat. Anyway the next 3 rail option is disgusting. Nobody wants to hit the rainbow or a 10 foot down box in a legit comp. I can see the 'smurf' rail in the middle being spun off like that hot dog at boulder, BUT if you hit it with any speed to spin off you are landing flat. I'm assuming its ending with that little bonk at the end.

My real question is on what feature are you gonna be able to truly judge the skill of riders. There is no urban down rail, even a flat rail, let alone a legit jump line to see who can put something together, or anything to be creative on. It may just be my opinion but I was definetly dissapointed in the setup, and i'm not even in the comp. I can see a big letdown coming. I definetly think last years setup on tubing was a better choice. Who knows, maybe the comp wont even be on blackbear and all my opinions can be disregarded...but it will definetly be interesting to see.

there ya go.

ooo yeah i read that after i posted haha

why does bear make every rail 10 ft out of the ground??? they put their rails on top of a mound of snow and then don't dig them in. it is like they don't want people to get better

i have just been watching boulders videos and none of there rails are that high. bears park crew really need to go take leasons from Ian on how to set up a park

I personally thought the comp want that great. All in all it was a great day. did all my runs on cascade. saw missdemeanor and was doin some threes of all the jumps. and then to make my day besides all the snow I learned how to backflip, so i was the kid doin all the backy's on the halfpipe jump.

idk about anyone else but park crue has let me down this year...i mean seriously i havent seen or ridden one good flowing line. everything is scrambled and there are things that you barly need speed for and then one right after it that you need a ton of speed for, it doesnt make sense. i cant tell you how many times i have had to skip features to hit other features.

idk about anyone else but park crue has let me down this year...i mean seriously i havent seen or ridden one good flowing line. everything is scrambled and there are things that you barly need speed for and then one right after it that you need a ton of speed for, it doesnt make sense. i cant tell you how many times i have had to skip features to hit other features.

did you see black bear before they changed it? yeah that had sooooo much flow to it. the set up in black bear right now is the only thing this year that i could see you having to skip features to get speed for others.

Edited by MISSDEMEANOR

true there is no flow in the parks at all.

ex.

in cascade you can't hit the 1st jump and the 2nd jump and if you hit the dfd then you can't hit the step up and if you hit the up flat gap down it is hard to get speed for the flat down rail and the 1/4 pipe just sucks

i have been sick and havn't hit the new blackbear park but from what i have heard is that to clear the 2nd jump line you have to 50-50 the flow and pump after to clear it and the big side is almost imposible to clear i don't know if that is true but that is what i heard.

that parks just have no flow

i got up around 3 and it just sucked. the snow, if i can even call it "snow" was basically an ice base with some gran over it. the only thing good were the jumps in black bear, i like the gran landings. hopefully the snow they are blowing right now will take care of everything. black bear does need to be redone. first they gotta take the step down back to normal cause for skiiers its hard as shit. they should put in a flat box like last year, widen the lip on the rightside of the staircase so u can actually come in from the right side n air on, put the C box they spent so much money on in, and fix up that slanted up red rail.