New Years Eve Day

Kyle

i'm most likely heading up to blue on new years eve day. anyone else going to be there? i have a brown and black grenade jacket, olive colored pants, white nixon hat and electric googles. and anyone know if sidewinder will be open? or if they'll be any features on terrain run?

ha i'll be there first chair. until about 3 in the afternoon. theres a chance of snow that day so hopefully it will scare people away. but yeah i figured that sidewinder wouldn't be open but you never know. :banghead :banghead :banghead

It was pouring yesterday and that scared no one away. Keep that in mind. Many people have there ski days/vacations planned out months in advance so they will ski no matter what.

Steeze I know all about the work thing on Monday I plan on doing a half day of that then hitting the boot in the pm. Asian invasion will be in full force plus the jeans for ski pants will be kicking. Maybe I will get the hunting camo out. As far as News Years day I will be at the Boot for opening bell. Plan on skiing during the cold spell next week before the January thaw takes hold starting on the 8th of January. Get out the t shirts and shorts.

I might be there, not sure yet I'm deciding between Camelback, Blue, and Jack Frost. I have a pass to JFBB but I need to branch out and now that more is open at Blue I'm thinking I'd rather go there than Camelback. Camelback gets slammed by holiday crowds worst of the 3 I think.

yeah i love jffbb but its too far for me to day trip. especially being a new driver :unsure:

yeah i love jffbb but its too far for me to day trip. especially being a new driver :unsure:

yea careful as a new driver on the roads that lead to mountains. how many of us have gotten speeding tickets on those damn roads? the local cops are dicks they give skiers and snowboarders a lot of tickets to bring money into the town budgets, especially near hunter and mountain creek. I got a ticket my first year driving and it cost me $900 because you have the provisional license so one speeding ticket and you lose it. I had to pay a lawyer to really fight it so I could keep my license so I could keep my job. It was really lame.

yea careful as a new driver on the roads that lead to mountains. how many of us have gotten speeding tickets on those damn roads? the local cops are dicks they give skiers and snowboarders a lot of tickets to bring money into the town budgets, especially near hunter and mountain creek. I got a ticket my first year driving and it cost me $900 because you have the provisional license so one speeding ticket and you lose it. I had to pay a lawyer to really fight it so I could keep my license so I could keep my job. It was really lame.

Umm..... What? Just because you got a ticket doesn't mean that it has happened to everyone. Probably just Jeff because he drives to fast.... :lol

My only speeding ticket was 2 miles from my house going to school in the morning.. As for the license getting taken away, must be a jersey thing because i had 3 points on my license from a different incident and still didn't get it taken away. The cop who gave me a speeding ticket just gave me "failure to obey a traffic control device." which is no points and 106 dollar fine...

Edited by Dan-

in PA if you get a ticket on your junior drivers license i think you cant get your unrestricted license (no 11pm curphew) until you're 21

I never had anyone tell me that. And i had 3 points on my license when i was 17.

in PA if you get a ticket on your junior drivers license i think you cant get your unrestricted license (no 11pm curphew) until you're 21

i seriously doubt that. you can wait til you're 18, go to the DMV, and get your license right away without even having your permit. once you're 18, you're not a minor anymore, therefore they can't give you a junior license.

Teenage drivers are almost as scary as elderly drivers...except for Atomic Jeff..he's a good driver.. :bimmer

thank you doug...while i may drive on the fast side, i'd never to anything to put myself or my passengers in danger :wiggle

it's 18, not 21.

Umm..... What? Just because you got a ticket doesn't mean that it has happened to everyone. Probably just Jeff because he drives to fast.... :lol

My only speeding ticket was 2 miles from my house going to school in the morning.. As for the license getting taken away, must be a jersey thing because i had 3 points on my license from a different incident and still didn't get it taken away. The cop who gave me a speeding ticket just gave me "failure to obey a traffic control device." which is no points and 106 dollar fine...

It is different state to state, I don't know PA's system. In new jersey if you have over 3 points during your provisional license period it gets taken away. My speeding ticket was 5 points. The speed limit was 55, I was doing 65~70. There is a corner that has a sign that says 35, which I usually thought was just a recommendation, but the cop nailed me at the sign doing 70 and said I was doing 70 in a 35. It wasn't even in the turn yet I was braking for it. That was a 5 point ticket I had to get a lawyer and the lawyer argued that the signage was not clear. Truthfully when I looked again there was a sign that said "speed limit reduces ahead" or something like that, but at the time I was just going to take the corner at like 45-50 as usual. It got knocked down to a 2 point ticket with a $150 fine, but I owed the lawyer like $600 or something like that, and then I took a defensive driving class to get rid of the last 2 points for like $100 and my insurance didn't go up and I kept the license. It really sucked but it stopped me from speeding so much. Now that I drive to school down the turnpike often, I am a lot more careful. The turnpike has few cops and you can do 80 without a problem, but I've seen SO many horrible accidents that I know its not worth driving so aggressively. Its seems like I see a car totaled every other time I go down the turnpike.

It is different state to state, I don't know PA's system. In new jersey if you have over 3 points during your provisional license period it gets taken away. My speeding ticket was 5 points. The speed limit was 55, I was doing 65~70. There is a corner that has a sign that says 35, which I usually thought was just a recommendation, but the cop nailed me at the sign doing 70 and said I was doing 70 in a 35. It wasn't even in the turn yet I was braking for it. That was a 5 point ticket I had to get a lawyer and the lawyer argued that the signage was not clear. Truthfully when I looked again there was a sign that said "speed limit reduces ahead" or something like that, but at the time I was just going to take the corner at like 45-50 as usual. It got knocked down to a 2 point ticket with a $150 fine, but I owed the lawyer like $600 or something like that, and then I took a defensive driving class to get rid of the last 2 points for like $100 and my insurance didn't go up and I kept the license. It really sucked but it stopped me from speeding so much. Now that I drive to school down the turnpike often, I am a lot more careful. The turnpike has few cops and you can do 80 without a problem, but I've seen SO many horrible accidents that I know its not worth driving so aggressively. Its seems like I see a car totaled every other time I go down the turnpike.

Good thing Yellow/Orange in PA is just a warning. The orange chevron's with 35mph in PA are giving you advice on the best speed to take the corner at. If the speed limit was 65mph and the orange signs in PA said 35mph, you could do 65mph around them, but a cop could easily say you were driving too fast for conditions.

BTW Method, please do not confuse driving fast with driving aggressively. My good friend is a PA state trooper that does Turnpike patrol. He's pulled over plenty of cars doing well over 100mph. In some states, over X mph is immediately reckless driving, but like my friend says, you can drive 130mph on the turnpike, and not be driving reckless. In traffic, is a different story.

I drive on the fast side, and if you exclude my "take no prisoner" style driving on the way to blue mountain as Justin and Dan- will attest to, I do not drive aggressively. If conditions permit, I'll take advantage, but I've figured out weaving in and out and passing on the right just doesn't pay off. It might buy you 10 car lengths over an hour in traffic.

Good thing Yellow/Orange in PA is just a warning. The orange chevron's with 35mph in PA are giving you advice on the best speed to take the corner at. If the speed limit was 65mph and the orange signs in PA said 35mph, you could do 65mph around them, but a cop could easily say you were driving too fast for conditions.

BTW Method, please do not confuse driving fast with driving aggressively. My good friend is a PA state trooper that does Turnpike patrol. He's pulled over plenty of cars doing well over 100mph. In some states, over X mph is immediately reckless driving, but like my friend says, you can drive 130mph on the turnpike, and not be driving reckless. In traffic, is a different story.

I drive on the fast side, and if you exclude my "take no prisoner" style driving on the way to blue mountain as Justin and Dan- will attest to, I do not drive aggressively. If conditions permit, I'll take advantage, but I've figured out weaving in and out and passing on the right just doesn't pay off. It might buy you 10 car lengths over an hour in traffic.

Its true I'll sit in a lane and do 80 or 90 on my cruise control with no one in front of me and its much safer than someone doing 50 in slow traffic and weaving. Most the accidents I see are people trying to go too fast in traffic and when they hit their brakes its too late. New Jersey driving laws are super harsh because we have so many accidents. We're #1 or #2 in the country for accidents per capita and car insurance premiums, it sucks.

Asian invasion will be in full force plus the jeans for ski pants will be kicking.

Blue was plagued by the squint eyed cat eating rainbow one peice suit wearing asians too? blue had that problem for about a week...i was worried about SARS and BirdFlu i'm glad their all gone now tho