Quick TR for 12/29

Ski

A pretty amazing day as far as the weather goes. We pulled into the lot at 8am and it was surprisingly empty. A ranger on the shuttle mentioned that not one bus was expected today. Seems people in this area really get freaked out by rain the night before.

You couldn't see the upper half of the mountain because of a dense fog. For the first hour, it was cloudy though bright at the base, but really soupy and dark as you rode the lift up over Switch. Then, the sun started to burn through the swirling fog and blue skis started to break through by 10am. Not long after, it was warm and spring-like and the snow was corn and pretty carveable.

Ty took off with her team and is in her own routine. They did drills all morning, then took a NASTAR run after lunch. Her coaches also let them run through a stubbie course set on the left side of Whistler, which is incredibly cool.

The lot remained mostly empty all day and there was rarely more than a half dozen people in the lift line. It was great skiing today and we pretty much had the slopes to ourselves.

Some pics:

from Iron Horse:

Amy:

Ty on course:

Great shots Cole...how is the 8AM role call treating you?

Thanks. It's crazy, Poc, but it's the same schedule as when I was skiing ASRA and getting Ty's sister down to CB. Sleep from 2am to 6am, then a nap around 7pm. I'm sure glad I'm not a school teacher having to do it 180 times a year.

Wow! They don't have much snow. It looks worse than Blue.

The diamonds have lots of snow. Both pics are of the same upper mountain blue square trail that gets hit by the sun hard. It was deep enough to hold gates all afternoon. How was the NASTAR racing at Blue today?

Im mad i didn't get to ski with Melissa today. Maybe some other time...

Nick, I am also mad that I did not get to ski with you today, but unfortunately, the mechanic people decided they wanted to spend a little extra TLC time with my car today. We'll have to make a lift date. I'll be up tomorrow, sometime around 10am if I can get my ass out of bed. Actually, fyi everyone, Buckmans is demoing tomorrow at Sno for all those interested. Holler at me if you see me!

No idea, just commenting that it looks thin. I thought Blue was bad but those shots looked worse.

Again, it's one slope in the photos...one blue square at the top of the mountain in the sun. Amazing that you can extrapolate that into deciding Blue has better snow coverage. I thought I read that Blue's marquee diamond was chunked out and dangerous to ski? Yeah, your're not just trying to be a dick.