Planning a trip to JFBB on 1/8... 58 degrees?

deboarder

I am planning to make a 3 hour trip to JFBB on Tuesday, Jan 8th. My question is... will 2 straight days of 50+ degree weather kill the snow? It is not calling for rain the next couple days so I am guessing that will help. What do you think?

jfbb have big enough base's that it would take a good 2 weeks of heat to even start to kill the snow

yea it will be fine, spring like conditions are the best thing ever for park, and just wax and you will be fine free riding as well. JFBB's base is insane they are going to last till late april this won't even pause them. all that rain last week didn't do a thing to them either and they just got a bunch of snow over NYE. heat doesn't do much to snow really, rain does a bit more damage but it shouldn't be bad this week. Realize the heat can only touch the surface of the snow and the 5 feet underneith are cooling it down the whole time so its a battle but at night it freezes again and you start over the next day so in the end not much is lost.

The conditions will be really good, especially first thing in the morning. JF holds out really well, during warm spells. Remember last year, they were one of the few places in the state that stayed open, during the warm, rainy spell that we had. Go. Plus there are no crowds, mid-week, so the snow will stay in good shape.

Edited by bigdaddyk